Chapter 26

"You are so beautiful, Penelope..." Elijah tells me as he strokes my cheek.

"Elijah I am a married woman... We are going to get caught by my husband..." I say worriedly but Elijah silences my worries with a kiss. I melt into him and kiss back greedily.

"I really like this secret love affair... It's scandalous.." Elijah smiles at me as his thumb strokes my cheek gently.

"Elijah if Klaus finds out, he will kill me... He will take Hope away..." I say looking up at Elijah desperately.

"Niklaus will not find out. And if he does, I will not let him hurt you... You have my word.." Elijah says reassuringly as he places both of his hands on my waist. I smile up at him happily. "May we continue our scandalous love affair now?" He asks curiously.

"Yes we may.." I say as I lean up and press his lips against mine, not letting the sensation leave my body.

-

"Penelope! Penelope!" Someone says shaking me awake. I wake up with a jolt and I catch my breath. I look at Klaus who is laying in my bed, looking at me concerned. I look at him, my eyes feeling wild. "You were mumbling in your sleep, you seem distressed, this is the fourth night this week" Klaus says sitting up and looking at me. I just look at him, catching my breath. These dreams aren't subsiding, they keep occurring, I haven't told anyone. Who would understand?

"I'm fine..." I say as I finally catch my breath. He looks at me suspiciously.

"If you have something to say I suggest you say it... You have been very secretive lately, are you keeping something from me?" Klaus asks in a paranoid tone.

"No I'm not. They are just bad dreams, I'm not sure what else there is to hide..." I say as I push a curl behind my ear as I get out of bed.

"Dreams of what? Why must you keep things from me that are making you distressed?" Klaus nags me. I'm already irritable but him asking me a million questions doesn't help my situation.

"Oh my God just leave me alone! It's nothing! Just go back to sleep!" I yell at him angrily. My yelling must have woken Hope as I hear her cries. I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Great, now you have woken the child!" Klaus says getting up. I put my hand to my forehead and let out an exhale.

"You know what, just go back to your own room because I'm in a bad mood and I just want to be alone... I'll take care of Hope..." I say, stressed as all get out. Klaus looks at me angrily, his nostrils flaring his temper rising.

"Fine." Is all he says before he storms out. I take a deep breath and then open up Hope's nursery door, when I walk in I see Rebekah looking at Hope.

"Rebekah?" I ask curiously. But then my eyes lay on the dead werewolf guard in the doorway. I look at an evil looking Rebekah and feel my hybrid face emerge. "Get away from her!!" I yell as I lunge for her. I grab her and smash her head against the dresser, Rebekah falls to the ground as I go and reach for Hope. But before I can grab her I feel my weight being lifted off the floor and I am being smashed against a wall by an invisible force, dazing me. Klaus flashes into the room within an instant, having heard the commotion.

"Rebekah! What are you doing?" Klaus asks furiously, just as confused as I am by Rebekah's actions. But Rebekah quickly subdues an angry Klaus by causing him crippling pain, I lunge at her but she does the same to me and I cripple to the floor in pain, holding my exploding head. Klaus gathers up the strength to lean forward and scratch her thigh, causing deep gashes which makes her cry out in pain. Rebekah stops doing the spell and Klaus and I get to our feet, causing her to flee the room while Klaus and I recover. I run to Hope's crib and pick her up, holding her closely to my chest.