Chapter 49

"Wow... The view from here is beautiful..." I mutter as we look at the morning sun rising over the city from Lucien's bedroom, his wall of windows overlooking the city.

"The morning sunrise is quite splendid." Klaus says propping himself up onto his elbow to look over me. I lay on my back and look up at him and smile.

"I love you..." I whisper as I stroke his cheek gently. He looks down at me and returns a smile.

"I love you..." He whispers back as he presses his lips against mine gently. We kiss each other tenderly, just feeling each other's energies out, taking each other in as the morning sun begins shining through the windows.

"I don't want to go home yet..." I say as I lay back onto the bed.

"I know... Up here we have no responsibilities, no prophecies, no crazy ex girlfriends..." Klaus says as he lays on his side, gently stroking my arm. I turn onto my side and look at him. 

"These past few days, you've been keeping me close by... Closer than usual... Is that because of her?" I ask Klaus curiously as I look into his blue eyes. He looks at me, but then let's out a sigh, breaking our eye contact.

"Penelope... If she ever did anything to hurt you again.. I would never forgive myself..." Klaus says as he looks into my eyes, a little worriedly. 

"I understand that you want to keep me safe, but I can handle Aurora... I promise.." I whisper to him as I get closer and closer to him, his breath on my lips. I lean in and kiss his lips once again. I don't even want to think of Aurora right now. I just want to spend Christmas with my family, that's all.

---------------------

"Klaus, can you not drink that right now? It's making me go crazy." I say to Klaus, referring to the fresh glass of blood he has in his hand, poured straight by the vein by one of his compelled people.

"You're choice of lifestyle should not hinder my choice of lifestyle." Klaus says with a cocky smirk as he sips the glass of blood.

"Oh guys! We have a problem!" We hear Cami's voice say as she comes down the stairs. She's been staying here for a few days since the Aurora incident. We are some of the only people we have left. Klaus and I turn our heads to see Hope drawing all over the walls with marker.

"Bloody hell!" Klaus says as he gets up, throwing the newspaper onto the table.

"Dammit!" I say as get up and follow Klaus to where Hope is drawing on the walls.

"Here, let me take her while you two deal with this." Cami says as she takes Faith out of my arms.

"Thank you." I smile as I trot over to join Klaus who is approaching Hope.

"Hope!" Klaus says raising his voice, causing Hope to look at her father wide eyed. He's never raised his voice to her before, so it even shocks me. He crouches down and grabs her wrists making her face him. This is a shock considering I'm usually the disciplinary. Hope is covered in marker and so is the wall. "Drop it!" Klaus says to her, trying to make her let go of the marker. She looks at him scared and let's go of the marker. "We do not draw on the walls! That is very, very bad!" Klaus scolds her. Hope's eyes begin to water and she starts crying loudly. Klaus looks bad at me confused. "Did I do something wrong?" Klaus asks me concerned.

"No! She's just being a drama queen, I think she gets that from you!" I say with a little laugh. Hope comes running over towards me and clings to my leg.

"Mama! Mama!" She cries out as she looks up at me. I crouch down and make her look at me.

"No, you were a bad girl Hope! It's time for quiet time." I say referring to her play pen where I put her to calm down during a tantrum.