Chapter 59

"Just pull over here. We have to stop for a few things." I say in an attitude as I unbuckle my seatbelt. Ever since we left the lake house Klaus and I have not been on good terms. We've been driving for what seems like forever and we have spoken minimal words to each other and when we have spoken it has been sentences full of attitude.

"Make it quick." Klaus says rolling his eyes and parking the car. I roll my eyes at him and open up the car door.

"I'll show you quick." I snap back at him with a sucky come back. I get out of the car and go up to the gas station. I pick up the stuff we need and go up to the counter to check out. When I get up to the counter I see a hat that reads 'Mother Trucker'. I laugh to myself and add it to the stuff.

"My husband is going to love this." I say sarcastically with a laugh. The clerk laughs at me as she bags my stuff and gives me my stuff. I grab it and smile at her, walking out of the store and walking back towards Klaus who is standing outside of the car waiting for me. I take the hat out of the bag and wave it towards him, giving him a smug smile.

"Absolutely not." Klaus says shaking his head from side to side, annoyance laced in his voice.

"Are you kidding me Klaus? We seriously need to blend in. As you can see, I'm doing a fine job because I don't even remember the last time I've worn sneakers and raggedy overalls but you don't even take your 1,000 dollar jacket off." I say as I cross my arms over my chest. Klaus narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm starting to doubt my own wits for listening to the likes of you. So, please tell me why I'm listening to you while we're on a scenic tour of Methamphetamine country, because if it were up to me, we'd be compelling a jet to somewhere far off, a preferably tropical destination?" Klaus rolls his eyes and scoffs at me.

"Listen, we are just stopping here because since there is a large chance of me dying in the near future because of the army of vampires that are pissed off at you, I have decided that maybe a little scenic route to visit some old friends would be nice for a while before I die, after that we can go anywhere you want you big baby. Now give me the keys." I say holding out my open palm. Klaus gives me an extremely annoyed look but sighs dramatically and slams the keys into my hand.

"The only reason I am listening to you is the fact that we might end up in bed together later and if that happens I can successfully take my frustration out on you." Klaus says with a smug smile. I give him one straight back and put the stupid hat on his head.

"I wouldn't count on it." I say as I pat his chest and walk towards the driver side door. I haven't seen these people in almost 5 years, hopefully Klaus won't be too big of a dick.

-------------------

"Well, I can see why you wanted to come here. I feel safer already." Klaus says holding Faith's car seat. I roll my eyes at him as I push Hope's stroller into the dive bar that I spent the whole summer in four and a half years ago.

"You're so annoying." I say to him as we get up to the bar. The bartender scowls at Klaus.

"We're closed." He says coldly. Klaus gives the man a harsh look as he sits at the bar and puts Faith's car seat on the bar next to him.

"You don't look closed." Klaus says as he just keeps scolding the man with his eyes.

"We are for you." The man growls back at him. I finally step in and catch the man's attention.

"I'll take a bourbon. Unless Hollis is still serving that moonshine of his?" I say with a little laugh as I see Hollis on the other side of the bar, catching his attention by mentioning his name.