Chapter 37

*2 weeks later*
"Freya are you sure that you don't mind watching Hope for the afternoon?" I ask Freya curiously as I look at Hope who sits in my arms.

"Of course not, she is a darling little angel." Freya says as she takes Hope from my arms. "What do you have planned for this afternoon?" Freya asks curiously as she bounces Hope in her arms.

"I'm heading over to Algiers and I'm getting lunch with Marcel. I should be back within an hour or two." I say as I put my purse on my shoulder.

"Oh have fun!" Freya says happily.

"Thanks, well hopefully you and Hope will have a fun time together." I say as I hug Freya tightly. I pull away and look at Hope. "Be good for Aunt Freya, I love you." I say as I kiss Hope's head while smiling. Freya waves to me and I leave the courtyard waving back to her and Hope. I get into my new car and start to drive away. I drive to Algiers and arrive at the little café that Marcel and I are meeting at. I walk in and see him sitting at a booth. He gets up and waves me over.

"P!" Marcel says as he hugs me tightly.

"Hi Marcel!" I say excitedly as I hug him back. We pull away and sit down, we look at each other. "Thank you for inviting me out to lunch!" I say as I sit my purse beside me.

"No problem, you're my friend P. It's nice to catch up once in a while." Marcel says smiling at me. "So how have you been? I heard you moved back to the compound."

"Yeah I did. Two weeks ago actually. It's been good, Klaus and I have actually been extremely civil to each other. Plus Freya helps out a lot." I say as I take a sip of the de-café coffee Marcel ordered me.

"That's good. Elijah told me he's been stopping by a little." Marcel says meeting my eyes with his.

"I haven't really seen much of him lately. He usually just talks to Klaus and I take care of Hope..." I say nodding my head.

"How are the Mikaelson babies?" Marcel asks curiously.

"Hope is wonderful, she's going to be 10 months old in a few days actually, and she's getting super close to walking on her own. And I'm 11 weeks pregnant, baby Mikaelson number 2 is doing great so far, everything is healthy and in a few weeks we get to find out the sex of the baby..." I answer as I sip my coffee again.

"Sounds like you are doing a lot better... So... Do you think that you and Klaus are going to get back together?" Marcel asks, intrigued by the thought of my answer.

"Um... We are taking it day by day. But I've got some competition..." I say as I purse my lips.

"Competition?"

"Yeah, I guess Klaus has gotten under Cami's skin, I just hope that the feeling isn't mutual.." I breathe out as I look at him, fixing my hair.

"Really? I knew it! I knew they had a thing for each other!" Marcel says excited that his prediction should be true. I give him a dirty look. Marcel realizes what he has said. "Sorry." He says guiltily. Great, that doesn't help my anxiety.

----------------------

"Freya? Hope?" I call throughout as I walk into the kitchen. I look at a note that has been left on the refrigerator.

'Went to the park, be back soon.
-Freya & Hope' The note reads. I shrug my shoulders and set down the note. I go back upstairs and walk down the hallway. Klaus's study door is open. It usually isn't open. I stand there looking in, my curiosity takes over me and I decide to creep in. This is so bad of me but, I'm curious to see what he's been doing in here. I look at see a few books on his desk, and a few papers with some scribbles on it. His paints are everywhere but his easel is empty. I see some paints leaned up against the wall.