Chapter 12

"I can't believe it.. I can't believe that we are going to see Hope.. It doesn't seem real after all of these months without her.." I say as I look out the window at the country side that goes past us.

"We are almost there, love" Klaus says as he smiles at me. Excitement overwhelms me as we grow closer and closer to the safe house. "Penelope.. May I speak with you about something before we arrive?" Klaus asks me catching my attention. I look at him intrigued by what he has to say.

"Yeah Klaus, anything" I say as I tuck a curl behind my ear. Klaus grabs the steering wheel tighter and his knuckles start to turn white, almost like what he has to say to me pains him.

"I realize that you and I are getting married, but I would like to go into this marriage with your full blown commitment, and I want you to do whatever you have to do to get to that place of commitment. So if that means getting whatever type of closure you need with Elijah, I just would like you to know that I want that for you, because I know in the end it will only be benefitting you and I in the end..." Klaus says as he grabs my hand, giving me a soft reassuring squeeze.

"Thank you Klaus, that means a lot" I say as I lean over a peck his cheek quickly with a smile on my face. Suddenly Klaus starts to slow down the car and I perk up, looking at a safe house. My heart jumps and I hop out of the car as fast as I can not even giving Klaus a chance to stop the car. I run and I see Rebekah setting up for a large bonfire and I see Elijah on the porch with a small child in his arms. I don't even recognize my own baby she's so big now. She looks like her own person, she's not this small baby, she's a person.

"Welcome home." Rebekah smiles as she pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her tightly.

"Thank you, Rebekah... Oh my God, thank you.." I say as Elijah comes off the porch with Hope in his arms. I feel tears start to form in my eyes as I release Rebekah from the hug. I look at Hope in Elijah's arms and I put my hand over my mouth, letting out a small gasp as she looks at me with her big blue eyes. Elijah holds her out to me and a smile comes on my face as I look at her. "Hi sweetheart.." I say as I put my hands under her arms and pull her to my chest. Holding her there tightly as I let out a sigh of relief as I just hold her there. My daughter, my little girl. I hold her out so I can look at her. She looks at me and gives me a small smile. I turn towards Klaus as a tear runs down my face, he looks at Hope in amazement. I smile at him happily as another tear rolls down my face. "She is perfect... Niklaus" I say as I walk towards him with Hope in my arms. I hold her out and hand her to Klaus. He takes her in his arms and holds her out to look at her while I smile and she grasps my finger in her little hand. Klaus looks at her and a smile cracks on his face.

"She is beautiful.." Klaus says as he holds her to his chest. He places a kiss on Hope's forehead as he keeps her in his arms.

"What a beautiful family reunion" Rebekah says as she leans into Elijah with a smile on her face. A smile creeps on my face and gently kiss Hope's head and look at her blue eyes. She has Klaus's eyes, those crystal blue eyes. Hope yawns and then rests her tired head on Klaus's shoulder. "Looks like someone is tired" Rebekah says as she goes over to Hope and looks at her with a smile. "Here, I'll put her down for her nap" Rebekah says as she takes Hope out of Klaus's arms. Rebekah turns away to take Hope back into the house.

"Umm, Bekah..." I say weakly. She turns around and looks at me. "Do you mind if I?" I ask her curiously, referring to putting Hope down for her nap. Rebekah puts the pieces together and let's out a breath.

"Oh my God, how could I be so rude? Here, take her.." Rebekah says her tone apologetic. "I'm sorry it's just a forced habit I guess" Rebekah says as she hands me Hope and I take her in my arms.