Chapter 69

*Hi! So, I just watched the finale, and it was amazing but I'm seriously suing the CW network for the injuries caused to my heart. But, my finale of this book will be a little different. I'm sorry if you don't like it but I just hope that I do this chapter justice oh and I'm sorry if it sucks, it's just really late at night where I live and I'm a bit tired, but I just hope that you guys love it! Cheers to 69 chapters! Xo*

I am woken up by the feeling of warm fingertips gently stroking my arm. I gently flutter open my eyes and I feel the fingers begin to gently caress my curls. I turn and see Klaus stroking me gently, giving me a very peaceful awakening.

"I love mornings with you..." I whisper as I get onto my side so I can face him. I rest my hand against his bare chest as he leans down and kisses my hair.

"You look so peaceful while you sleep..." Klaus says as he rubs my back gently, making small figure eights with his fingertips.

"It's the best I've slept in a very long time. I'm not really sure why though... I had many reasons to be kept up by my thoughts." I say as I let out a deep sigh.

"I didn't sleep very well... But watching you sleep was relaxing... It was reassuring to have you by my side." Klaus says as he grabs my hand, kissing it and placing it on his neck. I prop myself up to my elbows and turn his head to make him look at me.

"Today... I'm going to start packing our things, because I don't believe that staying here any longer is good for either of us.." I say to him as I stroke his cheek gently. Klaus just looks at me with agreeing eyes. "And, I think that you need to make peace with your brother before we leave..." I say in an encouraging tone.

"I think I deserve to have a grieving time for Marcellus, and that grieving time does not involve me giving Elijah my forgiveness." Klaus exclaims as he leans against the headboard.

"Klaus they don't even know that we plan on leaving yet. I want to part with this family on good terms." I say to him sincerely as I slide my hand down to his chest. Klaus rests his hand on my thigh and lets out a deep exhale.

"I'll consider it, I suppose." He half agrees with me unhappily. I just look at him and give him a small smile.

"Thank you." I whisper as I lean in and peck his lips once, and then twice. Honestly, my only goal is to leave this place. To get my children, my husband, and myself out of this hell hole. For good.

---------------------

"Hey.." I say as I walk into Elijah's room, quietly knocking on the door. Elijah is looking out the window and he turns around when he hears the sound of my voice.

"Hello..." He says as he looks at me, surprised that I have come talk to him. I swallow hard as I look at him. I walk into the room and stand a few feet away from him.

"I forgive you." Is all I say. I say it with a caring tone, wanting him to know I'm serious. He just looks at me curiously as to what I mean. "After what happened with Davina, I said that I would never forgive you... But I do, I forgive you." I say to him as I take another step towards him. Elijah looks at me with his soulful brown eyes.

"And I forgive you for Marcel as well... You did what had to be done, and I accept that." I say as I nod my head, reassuring him.

"Thank you, Penelope." Elijah says as he nods his head to me. I look at him and just build up my courage, brick by brick.

"Klaus and I are leaving." I spit out, loud and clear. Elijah looks at me with extremely surprised eyes. "I... um.. I should have told you sooner... But, this place, this place isn't our home anymore... I... I cannot live here any longer." I say as I shake off my jitters and the shakiness to my voice. Elijah just looks at me dumbfounded. After a few moments of silence I take another step towards him.