Chapter 55

This guy on the picture inspired Jack's character. 

I spend the night walking, first around the city and then at the woods. I came back at the apartment in 8 AM. When I got in I saw Nate and Maria both in pajamas. Nate was in the kitchen and from the smell I could say he was preparing breakfast. Maria was sitting on the chair close to him. They both looked at me as I got inside.

"Hey" I said quietly as I made my way toward the room I was sleeping at.
"Are you okay?" Maria asked me when I was about to get in the room.

"Yeah." I said and looked at her. "I am going to take a shower" I said and got in the room. I closed the door and started taking off my clothes immediately. I took a while towel and got in the bathroom. I turn on a warm water in the tub and while the tub was filling with water I looked myself in the mirror. I could see my belly was a bit bigger. It was starting showing up. I saw myself on the mirror and saw that I was smiling. Since the previous night I didn't smile at all, but now when I saw my belly I felt happiness.

I got in the tub and laid. I looked at the ceiling and remembered about everything that happened last night. I kissed Taylor in my thoughts one more time. I didn't know how many times I thought about that kiss in the last 10 hours. I didn't want to think about it but I couldn't help myself.

After the bath I dressed up and laid on the bed. I didn't even realize when I fall asleep. I hadn't sleep all night I was tired from everything. I needed sleep.

-

I felt a kiss on my cheek. I barely opened my eyes. I couldn't see good but I recognized the voice. It was Jack talking to me and waking me up. I moved my head from the pillow and moved the hair from my face. I saw Jack sitting next to me on the bed.

"Jack" I mumbled. "Am I dreaming?" I asked and I heard him laughed. He got closer to me and gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Are you?" he asked with a smirk on his face and I realized it was all true. I wasn't dreaming. Jack came back and he was in front of me. I hugged him and I felt he kissed my neck.

"Finally" I mumbled
"I missed you too" he said and gave me a short kiss on the lips. "Get ready. We need to go at the woods house" he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Why? You just came back." I said. I didn't like it.
"We need to make a plan. Hades is coming in a few days. Monica called me." he said and my heart started beating faster immediately. It was first time I got scared so much. Before I didn't care if Hades would've come after me, Jack and the baby. I wasn't scared. But now I am. I am scared because of the baby. I want to protect him or her and Jack. I know Hades wants the baby not us, but I was not going to give my baby to Hades. I was sure in it. I wanted that baby. I couldn't give up of it.

"What's his plan?" I asked Jack.
"Monica said he wants to take you because of the baby. He doesn't care about me and he'll probably try to kill me" Jack said and I got scared just to think about Hades killing Jack.

I stood up and after I got ready me and Jack made our way toward the woods house. Nate and Maria were already there.

We got in the hall and everyone were there. I spotted Taylor immediately. He was sitting on the stairs together with Jackson. In the moment I saw him I remembered about the kiss. I wanted to forget about it so much. I wanted to stay focused on Jack and saving our lives.
"We are all here now" Jack said and I saw Taylor and Jackson stood up and joined the others. Taylor was looking at me all the time and I so wanted not to look at him, but our eyes were meeting all the time. I hated that. I went closer to Jack.
"So Hades won't try to kill Nessa, but he will try to kidnap her. We won't let that to happen. We'll protect her." Jack said to the others. "But everyone else are in danger" he said and I looked at him. I realized that Hades wants to kill him.
"Taylor too?"I heard Chuck asked and I looked at Taylor. He seemed surprised from Chuck's question and Jack too.

"I mean he is the true alpha" he said "Hades wants him" he added.

"Well I think me and Taylor are the first on the killing list. He, because didn't want to join Hades and me, because I betrayed him." Jack said seriously.
"Nate too" I heard Luke said and everyone looked at Nate. "He killed Edward, Monica is going to kill him in the second she'll see him" he added.

"Monica is not coming. Hades knows how close we are." I said and looked at everyone from my pack. They seemed disappointed. I knew why was that. They wanted revenge for David and they thought Monica is going to kill Nate. The last thing I needed was fight between us.
"everybody makes mistakes right." Nate started talking. "I did everything to save the people I love and I am not apologizing to anyone" Nate said and looked at Luke. He was referring on David "Everyone will do that for their family." he said.
"Let's focus on Hades now, shall we?" Jack looked at both of them and gave them a warning look.
"I have a plan" Taylor said and everyone looked at him.
"Hades is focused on Vanessa, but also on killing you" he said and looked at Jack.
"And?" Jack looked at him.
"When Hades is here the two of you will be on two different places. It's going to be harder for him to find you and he'll be a bit confused" Taylor said and I rolled my eyes.
"Bitch please" I mumbled.
"He is right" Jack said and I raised my eyebrows.
"What happened with 'all together' thing. I won't agree to this plan. No way. We are all together or nothing." I said seriously.
"Just think a bit Vanessa" Taylor looked at me.
"I won't think" I said angrily. "That's my last decision. We are nor separating from each other." I said.
"I agree with Vanessa" Maria said. "We are stronger together" she said and I smiled.
"Looks like Maria is the only one that understands the situation." I said. "We are not fighting just to save me. We are fighting to save everyone, to save us from Hades and kill him. Cause we are going to kill him and that's how everything is going to finish. I'll be fine, but you'll to be fine too. This is not a battle for saving me. This is a battle for all of us and that's why we need to be together." I said. Everyone were quiet.
"Okay. We are all together" Jack said and we looked at each other
After a while everyone agreed.
"And of course we should keep this out of the town." Taylor said to all of us. "We'll not involve people in this" he added and we nodded.

The guys from my pack left somewhere with Jackson.
"Let's go" I said to Jack. I wanted to spend some time with him and I didn't want to be around Taylor. I know he wasn't going to tell anyone about the kiss, but I was feeling weird and didn't want to be around him while Jack was next to me.
Jack nodded and we both got out from the house. We got in the car and he started driving.
"Are we going at the apartment or?" He asked me as he started driving.
"No. We'll spend the night in the car. I wanna be alone with you. I don't need Nate, Maria or someone else" I said and he just chuckled.
"Good for me" he said with a smile on his face.
I told him about the lunch with my parents and some other things, but he already knew most of it. Then he told me that they saved that guy, but not his friend. Jack and Sam got back because Monica called and told them about Hades's plan and Jack wanted to have more time to protect us.
"Are you scared?" I asked him in one moment.
"From losing you and the baby, I am scared as hell" he said and took my hand in his and squeezed it.
"My belly is growing up" I said and smiled.
"It's normal. You are 8 weeks pregnant. I can't wait to know the sex if the baby" he said.
Unlike him I didn't want to know it so badly. I wasn't so excited about the baby at first and my wish for knowing the sex was gone.
"When Rebecca can find out the sex?" I asked him.
"I don't know. We'll ask her" he said smiling.
We spend hours talking about the baby. It was weird, but I felt so good talking about it. We were laughing and we spend a great time.
We needed to be alone. I needed it.

I needed to move my thoughts from Taylor and the kiss we had. I wanted to forget about it so badly but there were moments when I was thinking about it so much. I was like crazy and I felt so stupid because of it. But I knew one thing, I won't repeat it. I won't even get close to Taylor.