Chapter 38

Vanessa's POV

A few days passed and I kinda forgot who was in one of the cells in the basement. I was focused of the werewolves in my pack. I wanted them to be strong as much as possible and win every fight they were going to have. I didn't want to make the same mistake I made before.

That morning I opened my eyes and I saw Jack wasn't in the bed. I didn't hear him anywhere in the room. I stood up and I found a note on the desk next to my side of the bed. It was from Jack.

I am going to be at the lake. Come when you get up.

After I showered I dressed up I went outside. It was quietly that morning. People were walking around the garden and just talking. I took my motorbike and made my way toward the lake.
When I arrived there I saw Jack was sitting on the wooden bridge and just looking at the water. I thought he was going to have practice with his pack. I got surprised when I saw him alone.

"Hey" I got closer to him. "Where are the others?" I asked him and sat next to him.
"Good morning first no?" he said and looked at me seriously. After a few seconds gave me a short kiss on the lips.
"Wow, that's surprising" I mumbled and smiled.
"Are they late for practice or what?" I asked him.
"We don't have to meet here only because of practice." he said to me. I just looked down at the water. "I missed you" he said to me and I looked at him.
"All this thing with David is just to much for now." I said and tried to explain.
"I know, but we need to find time for us. Don't you think?" he asked.
"We will" I said and kissed him.

I was thinking the same thing. I was glad I could spend some time alone with him.

Taylor's POV

We were still in the cell when two more guys came.

"Let's go. Hades wants to see you" one of them said. We went back at the big hall where Hades and the other were. This time Monica was there too. I couldn't not to see her face when she saw Nate. She seemed full of anger against him. Nate realized she was there and he tried not to look at her. I am sure he couldn't look at her though. He knew what Edward mean to her.

"Are you having fun down at the cell guys?" Hades asked us with a smile on his face. He was just provoking.

"The time of our lives" Jackson said seriously.

"Nice" he said. "I wanted to talk with you, but there aren't all of us here" he said and I looked around. I didn't saw Vanessa anywhere.

"Where and Jack and Nessa?" Hades asked.

"They went at the lake." one of the guys said.
"but Jack's pack is here. They are going there to practice" Hades said and he looked confused.
"They are there alone" the same guys said and my heart was breaking into pieces. Vanessa was with someone else. I wasn't with her. I don't even know how much I missed her, her smell, hugs and kissed. Now someone else was having her. I was feeling bad like never before.

"Go and tell them to come" Hades said and some guys got out. "We'll just wait a bit" Hades said as he got back and sat on his chair.

We waited like more then half hour and then the door opened. Jack and Vanessa came in. She was walking and passed next to us without even looking at us. She stood up next to Monica. Jack was next to them.
"Well, this is it." Hades said.

"It's time" Monica said and I saw her going toward us. "Say your last words Nate" she said to Nate. She was obviously planing to kill him. I stood up in front of Nate immediately.

"Oh come on Taylor. Move you know you don't have a chance." she said to me.

"I am not letting you do that" I said to her. In that moment she tried to punch me. I avoided the blow and then she tried again. We started fighting. I didn't want her to kill him. I could've take her but then another guy came and he distracted me from Monica and I saw her in front of Nate.
"Stop her Hades." I yelled to Hades. He was still nor reacting.