Chapter 30

When I opened my eyes, I saw Taylor wasn't in the tent. I was covered by more blankets and dressed up in Taylor's sweater. I opened the tent to see Taylor half naked getting in the lake. I couldn't not to smile when I saw him disappearing in the water. He looked like he is really enjoying. I dressed up my pants and got out of the tent. I got closer to the lake and just watched Taylor swimming. He probably heard me so he turned around and looked at me. He smiled and swam toward me.

"Come on" he smiled "let's swim" he said.

"I think the water is too cold for me" I said
"Do you trust me?" he asked and I nodded immediately. "then come" he said.
I took of the sweater and the pants and slowly started getting even more closer to the water. It was cold. I thought I would freeze, but then Taylor pulled me toward him and fell in the water. He wrapped his arms around me immediately and he helped me with the coldness. I wasn't so cold anymore. The water seemed good.

"Hey" he smiled. Out faces were so close to each other and I could've feel his breathing.

"Good morning" I smiled and we kissed. We started playing in the water. It was amazing. After a whole we got out. Taylor set the fire immediately as I went back to the tent to change my wet underwear. I dressed up some clothes and got out. I sat next to the fire immediately.
"Are everyone still sleeping?" I asked Taylor as he joined me and brought me coffee.
"Isaac and Chuck went running. The others are probably still sleeping." he said.
In that moment Maria got out of the house.
"Morning" she said and sat next to me. "your hair is wet" she said as she looked at me.

"I am aware of it" I said and winked at her. She rolled her eyes.

In that moment Nate joined us too. He sat next to Maria.

"How charming of you" he said to her and she just smiled.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing" Maria said and smiled.

After a while everyone were around the fire. After we ate we all wanted to do something before we leave. I don't know how we end up chasing each other. We were all running like crazy.

Suddenly when I made step back I realized I punched something. I turned around to see black wolf in front of me.

"Jackson it is not funny" I said relaxed. I knew Jackson changed. He loved jokes like that.

"I know it's not, but it's going to be" I suddenly heard his voice and I turned around to see him standing a few meters away of me. Everyone were there.

"Who the hell is this?" I kinda yelled when I realized nobody from them changed.

"Vanessa don't move" Taylor said quietly and my bones started shaking. I got kinda scared. The wolf was in front of me and looking at me "it't not a werewolf"he said and I somehow relived, but I remembered I was scared of real wolfs too.

"Oh my god" I said and carefully make step back. "He is going to eat me alive" I said and got really scared. I heard everyone laughed.

"Hey buddy" I heard Taylor's voice and he got closer to the wolf. He was next to me and he started caressing the wolf. I made step back immediately and ran toward the others. Taylor stayed there with the wolf and when he stood up and turned around we saw he was holding some white paper in his hand. The wolf ran away and Taylor got back toward us.
"What's that?" Nate asked.
"A problem" Taylor said and showed us the paper. There was something written on it.
Let's enjoy the full moon all together. -Hades

"We need to leave now" Taylor said nervously. "Call Jess" he looked at Isaac. Everyone started getting ready for leaving.
"What's going to happen now?" I asked Taylor while I was following him everywhere he was going.
"We'll defend ourselves if they try to do something" he said.
After a while we were all in the cars. We were all shut. Nobody was talking anything. We were all upset and kinda scared of what could happen.
After the long ride we arrived in front of the woods house. Jess and the others from the pack were in front of it.
We got out of the cars and Taylor made his way toward Jess. I stood next to Nate and Maria.
"I need your help" Taylor said to her.
"Of course Taylor. Don't worry. We are going to be together in this like always" she said and smiled. They started talking something and after a while we were all around them, waiting for them to tell us the plan.
"Maria is going to be in the cell." Taylor said and all looked at Maria. "Nate and Chuck will be keeping eye on her" he added. The rest are going to be in the hall, except me, Jackson, Jess and Derek" he said. Derek was one of the guys in Jess's pack
"In the moment they are here you are all getting outside, except Nate and Chuck. They are going to not let Maria outside" Jess said.
Everyone went somewhere around the house and talked about what can happen. I saw Maria with Nate. Taylor came closer to me. He looked worried like hell.
"And me?" I asked him as he got closer to me.
"You'll come out too. I am not leaving you." He gave me a short kiss on the lips. "Use your bombs" he said and tried to smile.
We all got inside. We were in the hall for about an hour and Taylor looked at Nate. Nate stood up.
"Let's go" Nate said and looked at Maria. They stood up and started going toward the room with the cell. I followed them. I wanted to give Maria at least some moral support.
We all got in the room, Chuck including.
"Hey everything's going to be fine" I said to her and hugged her.
"Take care of yourself" she said to me into the hug.
After we separated she looked at Nate. He got closer to her and kissed her.
"Don't be scared OK?" he said to her and she nodded.
I saw her getting in the cell. Nate locked it.
"Vanessa" Nate looked at me. "Please be careful" he said and hugged me.
"You too" I said.
I got out of the room closed the door behind me.
Everyone were in the hall. It was time for Taylor to get out. The four of them started going toward the door. Taylor turned around smiled at me. He whispered 'love you' to me and I did the same thing. They got out.
The time was passing very slow. I was inpatient and scared. Worried for everything that could've happened.
"Hey" I heard Abigail close to me. "You okay?" She asked.
I am not OK. Nothing's OK.
"Are you?" I looked at her.
"Sorry. It was stupid question" she said
"It's fine" I said.
"They are here" I heard Isaac in one moment. We all stood up and started going toward the door. I was scared like hell. I got out to see Taylor, Jess, Jackson and Derek standing a few meters away from a group of people Suddenly a man made step ahead. He looked like middle age man and he looked normal like every human.
We stood behind them.
"Well well what a welcome" the man said and smiled. He looked evil. "everyone is here, even the human girl" he said and looked at me.
Idiot. I can punch him so hard and punch him again and again. It's probably that Hades guy.
"You didn't let her out of everything now" he said to Taylor. He still didn't say a word. He was calm.
"What do you want?" Taylor finally spoke.
"We all know what I want" the man said "You" he came closer to Taylor. "Even when you did so much against me and my pack." he said to Taylor. In that moment I realized the guy that attacked me was nowhere to be seen. I was still having nightmares of that night. I was happy not seeing him but I was also confused.

"Who are you looking for princess?" the man looked at me. I didn't answer. I just looked down at the ground. He realized who I was looking for. "Oh Taylor" he looked back at Taylor. "She is so smart. She saw we are not complete." the man said.
"Well Jack is not here. I kinda punished him for what he did to you." the man said and laughed.

Taylor looked at me too.

So the guy from that night was called Jack.

In that moment we all heard wolfing. I looked at the sky and I saw the full moon.
"Oh I totally forgot you have new werewolf" the man said. "it was your work right Edward?" he looked at one of the guys from his side.

"Yeah. I didn't thought she'll survive" the guy said back and I wanted to punch him so badly. He pissed me off. The wolfing was louder. It sounded angrier.

"Well, let's go to the point" the man looked at Taylor again. "One last time..." he started talking but Taylor interrupted him.
"Don't touch anyone from us." Taylor said "My answer is going to be always the same." he added.
"Well that means one thing" the guy said and got even more closer to Taylor. I got scared immediately. "but I'll be good again. I'll give you chance to get ready. The next full moon. Same place, same time. But then dear Taylor, everyone from your little friends here are going to be dead, including you too." he said and turned around. "I'll start with your loved Vanessa" he said and they all left running. I fell on the ground immediately. I couldn't breath. We survived that night but that wasn't the end.
"Hey" I felt Taylor wrapped my arms around me. "It's fine" he said. Then I heard Maria again.

"Please go." I looked at him. "I am ok" I said. He stood up immediately. I tried to follow him. I wanted to see if Maria was fine, even when I knew she wasn't. I got in the hall. The rest stayed outside. I was thinking if I should go in the room where Maria was. I made one step ahead when I saw black wolf getting out of the room. It was Maria.
"Vanessa get out" I heard Taylor yelling. I saw Maria coming toward me and I started running out of the house. I closed the door. I was breathing faster.

I was hearing a lot of noises from inside the house, a lot of wolfing and noises from fighting. Nate, Chuck and Taylor were all trying to control Maria, but I knew they were failing.

"Go and help them" I said and looked at Jess.

"She is Taylor's responsibility now" Jess said. She was obviously still mad at Taylor because Maria left her and the pack and joined Taylor's. "My work here is done" Jess said and after she kissed Isaac she left together with her pack. She was always going to support Taylor, but she would never forgive him because of Maria.
Jackson and Isaac were looking at me.
"Are you ok?" Isaac asked me.

"Yeah" I said "go and help them" I added.. The two of them carefully opened the door and got inside. I just sat and leaned on one of the trees in front of the house and waited for the sun to get out. I was still listening to Maria's angrily wolfing and the noises of the fight. I was bad, really bad.

In the moment I saw light from the sky and I wasn't hearing any voices from inside I decided to stand up. I got closer to the door. It was quiet. I opened the door and decided to get inside.
The first thing I saw was Maria's naked body laying on the ground covered with blanket. her head was on Nate's lap. Then I saw Jackson and Chuck sitting on the stairs with rapped shirts. Isaac passed nervously next to me and got out of the house. Taylor was just standing there looking at Nate and Maria. He turned around and looked at me. I saw bloody scars on his face and his arm was bleeding.
"Oh my god" I kinda yelled when I saw him.
"I am ok" he said and walked toward me. I hugged him immediately. "It's over" he said into the hug. "We are fine" he added.
"It's not over" I said and looked at him. "It's not fine" I said and looked him at the eyes.
"Trust me" he said and kissed me on the forehead.
I never thought about not trusting Taylor, but that time was different.