Chapter 25

"You are messing with me right?" Maria said and looked first at me and then at everyone else after we carefully told her everything that happened. We told her everything. How she and Nate got back at the house and they were immediately attacked. How that Edward guy hurt Maria and at the end how Jess bit her and turned her into a werewolf.
"Maria it's true" I said to her.
"You are all crazy" she said and stood up. I got surprised she could've stand up with her injury. "I am fine" she said "you are lying to me" she said with calm voice. She didn't believe anything. She couldn't feel pain, that's why she didn't believed us.
"We are not lying to you" I said and got closer to her.
"Then where is that injury you are talking about" she said and moved the rapped shirt and we all saw there wasn't scar from the wound. There was nothing. Only the book on her shirt. "And the bite?" She asked and showed us her arm. There wasn't any scar from the bite too. She was already healed. That's another werewolf's power. She was physically great. She didn't feel pain and her wounds were gone. She didn't even had scars. But that was all because she was a werewolf.
Maria started going toward the door.
"Where are you going?" I asked her.
"Home." She said " let's go" she looked at me. I just stood there watching her going toward the door. I knew she can't go just like that. She needed to stop denying everything.
"Maria stop" Taylor said and he ran and stopped her. He stood in front of her. "We are going to help you" he said to her. "You can trust us" he added.
"I am not anything but real human" she said and sounded angry.
In that moment the door opened. Jess, and the others from her pack came in. "You are awake" Jess looked at Maria and got closer to her. "How are you feeling?" Jess asked her and Maria looked at her confused. She started realizing what's really happening.
"They probably told you everything." Jess started talking to her. "But we need to talk how the things are in this pack" Jess added.
"Wow. Wait a minute" Nate said and I saw him in front of me. "She is going to be in our pack" Nate said nervously.
"Who are you to say that" Jess looked at Nate. "I am not giving up on her" she said "she is my beta, my desert wolf" she raised her voice.
"Taylor?" Nate looked at Taylor.
"Jess maybe we can talk and deal" Taylor looked at Jess.
"Taylor you" she looked at him "from all people here, you are the only one that should and can understand me." She said to Taylor. "I can't leave her." She said.
Nate started complaining again and they stariter fighting. I looked at Maria and saw she didn't look so good. I just give her a sign to get out. I followed her. We both get out and we were still listening to the yelling in the house.
"Run" I said to her and looked toward my car. I know she wanted to escape from there as fast as she could. We both got in my car.

"Let's get out of here" I said and started the car. We saw everyone got out. They obviously saw we are not there anymore. I could've read from their mouths they were yelling and saying not to leave. I didn't listen anyone. I turned around the car and started driving. I drove as fast as I could. Lucky for us they weren't following us. 
"Am I really a werewolf?" Maria looked at me in one moment.

"Yes" I said. "Jess bit you to save your life" I said to her. 
"Madre mia de mi vida" she said and I couldn't not to laugh. It was funny listening to her talking spanish. It's wasn't funny thought. 
"I don't have long nails" she said and looked at her hands. "And teeth" she added. She looked so nervous and scared.
"I can't really help you with that" I said to her "I don't know a lot about it, but I can give you moral support" I said and she rolled her eyes.
"You are messing with me." She said "it's not funny or something." She looked at me nervously.
"Look. We'll wait a bit and then we'll call the Taylor and the boys." I said "not Jess and her pack" I said to her "they'll help you a lot" I tried to calm her a bit.
We first went to the shops. I bought some new shirt and jeans for her. We didn't want to go home or at her house. After she changed her clothes we went and bought something to eat. Somehow she was starving and I was hungry too. We ate hamburgers with french fries and drank cola.
All the time we were talking about all that werewolf thing.
"I just want you to know that you can't control..." I started telling her.
"On a full moon." She interrupted me. "I already know it." She said and nervously smiled"
"Well I just want you to know that I am going to be by your side no matter what" I said and smiled to her.
"I know" she said.
"Well its time to go now" suddenly Nate showed next to us.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him.
"I've been following you all the time and of course listening to you" he said and I rolled my eyes. "Let's go. Jess and her pack are not in the house" he said and looked at Maria.
I just looked at Maria and she nodded. We got in my car and got back at the house.
We entered the house and saw Taylor, Chuck, Jackson and Isaac in the hall.
"Are you still human in your mind?" Jackson looked at Maria with laugh on his face. Nate gave him a warning look.
"It looks like I am how did you say.." Maria started talking "desert wolf I think" she said and I smiled. She finally admitted it.
"My kind" Jackson winked at her.
"Great" Taylor said and came closer Ti her. "I have done much for you to be in this pack" he said to her "I separated you from your alpha, just to be with your friends" he said. And it was true if Maria was in Jess pack she would've have to be with them and live in Chicago.
"I didn't ask for it" Maria said to him.
"Nate and Vanessa wanted it" he said "all I except of you is to be loyal to this pack" he added and he was still talking seriously. "And from now I am not just your best friend's boyfriend for you, I am your alpha too" he said to her. She was looking ok. "Welcome to this pack Maria. We are your family now" Taylor said and finally smiled to her.
"So you all decided and nobody is asking me what I want" Maria said obviously offended that others were making plans about her life. 
"You can't really pick what you want" Taylor said to her. "Jess turned you into a werewolf and you are in her pack, but we kinda deal you to be in this pack" Taylor said 

"Great" she said and faked a smile. 

"What now?" I asked. 

"Now" Taylor said and got closer to me. He wrapped his arm around me "Everyone is going to provoke Maria" he said "She needs to get nervous and turn into a werewolf." he added. 

"My favorite thing ever" Jackson said and laughed. 
"Seriously?" Maria asked confused. 

"Yeah, you need to turn at least once til your first full moon or it's gonna be even harder for you that night" he said. 

"Hey Maria do you know that when you are desert wolf you have to be naked sometimes" I said to Maria. I decided to start all that provoking thing. 
"How do you mean?" she asked. I didn't even start to speak when Jackson turned into a wolf and started running around Maria.

"Awesome" Maria said looking at him. She loved animals. "I am going to be black werewolf too right?" she asked still looking at Jackson running around her.

"We'll see when you are going to change" Isaac said to her.
"Hey black is my color" Jackson said when she turned back into human. He was completely naked.

"Oh mu god." Maria said and put her hand on her eyes.

"And yeah, I talked about that" I said rolling my eyes. Jackson went to dress up and Maria still looked like terrified. 

"Can I control that changing and not just change into a human just like that?" Maria asked and she seeming interested about it.

"You need to know that, but 99% it's sure that at the beginning you can't" Chuck said to her.

"Wow." Maria said and obviously she was feeling weird because of all nakedness she was going to face with. 

"I have just one more question" She looked at Taylor. 

"What if I am alone when I'll have my first change?" she asked "What am I  going to do then?" she asked and made worried look again. 

"That's why you won't be alone til you learn to control yourself." Taylor said "I told you we are going to help you go through all this." he added. 

We spend a few more hours just talking there. Maria was every seconds more relaxed and more smiled. She was doing fine and I couldn't be more happy. 

"I think it's time to go" Nate said and looked at me and then at Maria. "You need to rest" he added. We made our way toward my car. Maria and Nate got in and I stayed to say goodbye to Taylor. 

"Thanks for everything" I said to him and hugged him. 

"I do what I should've do" he said into the hug. "We'll make all this thing right" he said "I promise you" he added and kissed me. 

"See you tomorrow" I said and this time I kissed him. 

I got in the car and started driving. 
"I am first going to take you home" I said to Maria and she nodded. 

"Open your door from the balcony. I am coming" Nate said to her. I chocked. Maria looked at him confused. "We can't let you be alone for a while" he said seriously. She didn't have choice. She agreed. She was probably scared of hurting someone. 

I left Maria home and then me and Nate went home. He changed his clothes and made his way toward his car. Before he got out of the house i decided to talk to him.

"Take care of her" I said to him. 

"Of course I will" he said and hugged me. "She is going to be more than ok" he added. I smiled to him and he left. 

I made me some coffee and went in my room. I fall asleep immediately. I didn't even drink the coffee. I was so tired from everything. I needed to sleep, a lot. 

It's not going to be the same anymore. My life changed, but it's going to change even more. Maria was one of the werewolves now and I am scared about everything with it. I just hope she is going to handle it. But at the end she is smart and strong girl, I know she will and there are a lot of people around her, that are going to help her.