Chapter 8

It's been two weeks and I didn't hear anything from Nate or the others. I was going every day at the house and I spend a few night there. I felt like lonely in some moments and the house was making feel better. Maybe because all of it was reminding me about Nate and Taylor.

Friday morning. I woke up and took a deep breath.
Happy birthday to me
I said to myself. It was my birthday. I was 17 now.
I got ready for a usual school day. I dressed up and went downstairs for a breakfast. There wasn't nobody in the kitchen.
Just like I thought. They were in the living waiting for me to surprise me. There was a cake too. They all congrats me and hugged me. It was surprise like every year. I didn't got surprised though.
"Well we have a gift for you" my dad said "lets go" he said and they all started going toward the front door. The gift was outside.
I was curious. In the moment they opened the door I saw black car in front of our house. It was new and I didn't saw it before.
"Thanks for being an amazing daughter" my dad said to me and hugged me again.
"Happy birthday my baby" my mum hugged me and they all looked at the car.
"Oh god. I can't believe it." I said and ran toward the car. I was more then happy. I couldn't believe I have my own car now.
"So you can start drive it now" Dad said to me and give me the keys.
"Can you drive me to school?" Philip asked me and I saw him smiling.
"Yeah. Get in" I quickly got back in the house and took my school bag and then get in the car.
"Drive safely" my mum said to me before I started driving.
I first drop Philip at his school and then I went to my school.
I parked the car. I was a good driver.
In the moment I got out Maria saw she and rushed toward me.
"Happy birthday my bestie" she hugged me.
She got surprised when she saw the car.
"Birthday gift from my parents" I smiled
"Omg. Let's drive around the city." She said and opened the door from the passenger seat.
"We have classes in less in a 5 minutes" I said to her
"Its your birthday and we didn't finish the preparations for the party so let's skip school today" she said and got in the car.
I wasn't in a school mood anyway so I got in the car and I started driving.
We first drove around the city and then I drove on the road where there wasn't so many cars. There weren't any actually so I let myself to drive a bit faster like never before. It was crazy. Perfect girt for my birthday.
Before we get back home we went and bought some things I needed for the party. I already had done everything just some last preparations left.

We arrived at my house. My parents and my aunt were already left. They left me home alone that night just for the party. Philip was only there too. I saw the front door was unlocked and I realized Philip got back at home. Maria and I entered in the house and left the bag we bought.
"Philip" I yelled called Philip.
He didn't answered. I went to the kitchen to see Nate sitting on one of the chairs and eating pizza.
"Nate" I yelled surprised and he got up. I runner to hug him immediately. I hugged him so hard I missed him so much.
"Where have you been?" I asked him, still hugging him
"Hey" he said and let out from the hug. "Happy birthday" he smiled at me and kissed me at my forehead.
"Where have you been?" I asked him one more time.
"Mum didn't tell you?" He asked "at the house in Boston" he said and I realized Maria was behind us. That's why Nate was trying to lie me. He knew I knew he was somewhere with the boys.
"Hi Nate" Maria said to Nate
"Maria" he said and went to hug her. So Nate thing.
"We are having party tonight right" he looked at me and I nodded
"Let's make one then" he said confidentially. He was the party master. He knew how to organize party so good.
Maria went to the bathroom and I used that moment to ask Nate everything
"Where have you been?" I asked "what happened?" I added.
"We'll have time to talk" he said and smiled.
We were making our preparations for the party but I wasn't so interested about it. I wanted to know if the others came back too. I wanted to know it so badly.

After we finished with the preparations Maria and I went to my room to get ready. She dressed up some skinny jeans and a shirt and I dressed up some casual dress.
The people started coming and the party started. All the people I invited were my friends from school. Everyone were dancing and everyone were having fun. At least I think so.
In one moment I felt like so sick of the loud music and the people around me so I decided to go outside and take some fresh air. I sat on the bench in the back of our garden. I had glass with beer in my hands. I just put it on side because I didn't even like beer. I don't even why I was drinking it.
I took a deep breath and stood up to get back at the party. In the moment I turned around I heard some noise from behind me into the trees.
I turned around and saw a dark shadow of a man. It was getting closer to me and I could see the men now. It was Taylor.
"Taylor" I looked at him surprised
"Hey" he smiled and just stood there in front of me.
"You're back" I smiled. I was so happy to see him.
"Yeah" he said
I sat on the bench again and he sat next to me. It was silence between us for a few minutes.
"Why did you leave?" I asked him.
"Why are you carrying about this stupid wolf things. Don't " he said and looked at me
"Maybe because I want to be part of it" I said
"How do you mean?" He asked confused
"I wanna be in your pack" I said
"I am not turning you into a werewolf." He said and he looked so sure in his words.
"I didn't say to turn me into werewolf. Humans can be in the pack. I wanna be with you guys and.." I started talking and he interrupted me.
"No way. You are not getting into this and Nate would not let it anyway" he said
"Well I am already in this thing. I am messed up more then you thing" I said
"Vanessa oh god." He said and stood up "think better. Don't rush." He looked at me.
"I was thinking three weeks. I want this. I wanna fight against all those evils you said there are in this world" I stood up in front of him. "Nate won't stop me. I know that" I said
"OK. We'll see" he said
"Better go back now" I said and made step back to get back at the party.
"Wait" he stopped me.
"Happy birthday" he said and came closer to me. He moved the hair around my neck and put some necklace on it. I was buzzing. My body was trembling. I didn't even know what to say.
"This symbol means the same for the werewolves or?" I asked about the symbol on the necklace. I touched it with my hands. It was amazing.
"What the meaning on it?" He asked me with a smile in his face
"Symbol of eternity" I said and looked at him.
"That's the same." He smiled "never change Vanessa. Stay strong and fearless always. Be eternal" he said and kissed me at the cheek.
That kiss made me get red like potato and it was like it was my first kiss that I get from some guy.
"Thanks" I barely spoke from all that excitement I had.
My heart was beating faster and I was kinda shaking. I knew he heard it.
"Let's go to the party." He said to me and smiled
"You'll come to?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah. I am human too. The boys are there and we wanna have party" he said and I rolled my eyes
We got inside and continue with the party. Taylor joined the boys and Nate was nowhere to be seen.
Maria was talking with some friends. I joined her and tried to spot Nate.
"Did you see Nate?" I asked Maria in one moment.
"Yeah he went upstairs with some girl" she said and I saw her a bit disappointed.
"What happened?" I asked her
"He'll never change right?" She asked.
"I think he will." I said
"But then is going to be late" she said and looked away.
We didn't talked about it anymore that night.
Taylor was looking at me whole night and I couldn't not to see that.

It was around 3 AM when the people started leaving. After a while the only left in the house were me, Maria, Taylor, Jackson, Chuck and Isaac. We were all sitting on the sofa.
Suddenly we saw Nate and some girl getting down the stairs. Nate was in real mess. We all knew what happened there.
"Bye Nate. See ya" the girl said to him and left the house. Nate didn't even look at her. He just came and joined us.
"People never change" Maria mumbled
"What did you say" Nate looked at her "I didn't hear you" he said and I rolled my eyes. He heard her so well.
"Nothing. I am leaving" she said and stood up.
"You are not sleeping here?" I asked her confused. I thought she is going to sleep here.
"No. I didn't tell to my parents. I am already late" she said
"Maria wait I'll take you home. Its late and you are not with your car" I said and went toward her.
"You are not going anywhere this late. You are my responsibility now." Nate said to me and took a drink from one of the bottles of cola.
"I'll take Maria home." He said and took the jacket from the chair and went toward Maria. "And we'll have guests tonight" Nate said to me and looked at the boys.
I didn't have time to ask why because I was busy with watching the situation between Maria and Nate.
"Let's go" Nate said to her and put his hand on her back
"Don't touch me." She said "I am sure you didn't even washed it" she said and Nate laughed.
They left. I left alone with the boys.
"I am not going to ask you why are you sleeping here" I said to them
"Because we brought a lot of wolfsbane and stuff and we can even breath there" Chuck said and I rolled my eyes.
"Never mind. I wanna sleep. You can go in any room except for these two" I said and pointed to my parents room and my aunt's.
"Feel like home" I smiled and then looked at Taylor.
"Don't enter in my brothers room too. Please." I said to them "he is a bit scared at night" I added.
"Don't worry " Taylor looked at me
"Goodnight" I said and went upstairs.
I was feeling so relaxed. I didn't even cared that I had four werewolves in my house.