Chapter 1

First part of the book. I hope you'll like it.

"Time for school sweetie. Get up" I hear my mum's voice waking me up. So, the summer vacation is officially over and another school year is starting today. Junior year, the third year in high school and I am feeling excited like the first day in high school. I don't hate school. I love it. I just enjoy being in it and hang out with my friends during the breaks. I don't wait for mum to repeat it twice. I get up from the bed immediately. She gets out of the room and I start getting ready.
I turn on some music and go to take a shower. Then, after I put some lotion on my body I dress up my skinny jeans and the shirt with the school logo on it. I make my hair in ponytail, a messy one, and put some make up on my face.  I am not a make up person but I don't mind make up too. Before I get out from the bedroom I put my favorite perfume and take my school bag.

In the moment I close the door from my room I hear a lot of noise from downstairs. A lot of voices are talking and yelling. I am living in a house full of people. When I was at primary school in the house were just me, my brother Philip and my parents. Then my dad's sister Jess moved in with my cousins, Nate and Elena. My uncle died and my dad decided that Aunt Jess, Nate and Elena to live with us. That's the best thing I heard in my life. I love my aunt and my cousins. From the moment they moved in, this house is real mess and I love it. It is always more interesting with more people around you. We were like four siblings and it was hell of a fun. 
Now we were three. Elena went to college in New York City but the situation didn't change. 

While I am getting downstairs I was listening my mum's yelling at my brother.
"Don't leave without breakfast" she says to him. Every morning is the same thing. 
"I can't find my shirt" he yells from his room.
"Of course you can't in that messy and dirty room" she yells and I can not to laugh. That is the truth though. He is a lazy person and he hates to take care of his room and keep it clean.
"Lydia the breakfast is ready" I hear my aunt's voice in one moment. I am already in the living room and I make my way to the kitchen. I see my dad and aunt already sat on the table in the kitchen. We have dinning table too, but we use it the table in the kitchen for breakfast.
"Morning everyone" I say and sit on my place.
"Morning princess. Ready for the first day?" My dad asks me with a smile on his face.
"Of course dad. Like always" I smile back and fill my glass with juice.
After a while mum and Philip finally end up finding Philip's shirt and the join us. 
"Nate is not here, he'll be late." Dad says and looks at my aunt.
"He is probably still sleeping. I'll go and wake him up" my aunt says and she is about to stand up when Philip stops her.
"I already checked in his room." He says "the bed is made up and he is not there" he adds 
"Well he went to school early" my dad say and smiles. Nate was senior year in my school. Philip and I laugh because we know it's not true. He is never early to school.
After a few minutes we hear someone opening the front door and after a while we see Nate in front of us.  
"Good morning family" he says with happily voice and sat on his place on the table.
"Where you were Nate?" Aunt Jess asks him
"I woke up early and went for a walk." He say and starts eating immediately. He is eating like crazy. It is weird. He is never eating so much at breakfast. 
"I hope you are telling the truth" aunt looks at him with kinda madly look.
"Don't worry mum" he says and gives her a kiss. 
"Are you ready Vanessa?" He looks at me and I nod.  "Let's go" he adds and we stand up from the table. We were going together at the school since we were in the same one. He is driving me with his car. I have a licence too but I always enjoyed when someone else was driving me, so we were always going with his car.
We say bye to everyone and get out of the house.
We enter the car and he starts driving.
"So Nate where were you?" I ask him. I know him so well and I was sure he wasn't home all night.
"Walking at the park" he says not looking away from the path.
"You can't lie me. You are wearing the same clothes like yesterday and your bed is made up. You never do that" I laugh and look at him. I am sure I am right. 
"Why are you so smart?" He looks at me with a laugh on his face.
"I dunno." I smile "so were you with Anna?" I ask him. "Or Jessica?" I added. He was just laughing on the names.
"Nope" he simply denied it.
"So was it Sarah?" I didn't stop with the guessing. He shocked his head and denied it. "Well you are making out and sleeping with every girl in the school. I could never guess. Tell me" I said seriously
"I wasn't with any girl" he said
"Then boy?" I laughed "don't tell me you are gay?" I was kidding with him.
He just laughed and didn't said a word.
"I hate you. You are not telling me anything lately" I made sad face. Nate and I have a special relationship. We were telling each other everything and we were each other's biggest support. I can always count on him and he can count on me.
"There is nothing to tell you. Life is boring" he said with serious face and looked away through the window.
We didn't talked anymore until we arrived. He parked the car and we got out. We made our way toward the school and we saw his friends, sitting on 'their' bench in the school garden.
"Have a nice day" he said to me when we stopped to join them.
"You too" I smiled to him and continue my way.

"She is a year older now. You won't stop me Nate. She'll be mine" I heard some of his friends saying. They probably thought I won't heard them but I did. I couldn't not to smile on that. I started going slower just to heard what Nate is going to say to him.
"Do not touch her. Non of you. I know you all too good." He said
"Yeah we are like you" one of them said and they all laughed.

I didn't want to listen to them anymore. They were the players in the school and I knew how their sick minds were working. Not my type of guys and plus they were Nate's friends. 

I got in the school building and tried to find my best friend Maria. I spotted her in front of her locker with some of our friends. She saw me and ran toward me immediately.
"Amiga" she yelled with her Spanish accent. I loved it. We hugged immediately. It was like we didn't see each other for months and we saw two days ago and we were together during the whole vacation, but still the first school day in junior year was unique.
"Ready for this?" I asked her while I was unlocking my locker and putting some books in it.
"For the school yes. For the cutie of your cousin no" she said and I saw her looking somewhere else. I looked and I saw Nate and his friends passing through the hall. Almost everyone were watching at them and they were going so proudly. They were seniors. That's normal.
When Nate saw us he winked at us and we smiled.
"I hate players but he is..." Maria said and closed her eyes. I bet she was imagining him in her thoughts. She liked him a lot, because he looked good and hot and some of his characteristics.
I rolled my eyes and in that moment the bell rang. It was time for the first class this year.
Good luck to me.
After we finished with all the classes we had that first day on school, Maria and I decided to go at my place. But we wanted to walk toward it, so we didn't took cab or something.
After a few minutes of walking a car stopped on the street next to us. It was Nate. The front window opened and I saw Nate and one of his friends on the passenger seat. I think it was the same guy that said he wants me before.
"Are you going home?" Nate asked us.
"Yeah" I said
"get in" he said to us
"We wanted to walk" I tried to escape from them.
"Come on you'll have to walk half hour. Are you serious?" Nate kinda rolled his eyes.
"OK" I said with not so happy face and I saw Maria smiling and the two of them too.
We sat on the back seat and Nate started driving.
"What are you doing today?" Nate asked us
"Nothing" I said
"When she says nothing that means we are watching movie. That's doing nothing for her." Maria rolled her eyes.
"We are watching movie at Nate's too." The guy spoke. I think his name was Liam. "We can watch together if you want to" he suggested to us.
"I don't think we have the same taste for movies." I said seriously. I didn't even want to let him flirt with me. 
"Don't be so sure" he smirked to me when turned his face around and looked at me.
"Well you are saying you are watching romantic movies and you are crying at the end" I said and I heard Nate laughed. Maria too. I wasn't watching only romantic movies. I said that because I didn't want to continue the talk about the movies with them.
"You got me there" Liam said
After a few minutes of silence Nate phone buzzed. He received some message and after he read it he put the phone back at its place.
"We are not watching movie too. I forgot I need to do something" Nate said to Liam with serious face.
"Man seriously?" Liam looked at him "you are leaving me alone because of some girl." He added and me and Maria looked at each other immediately. We both rolled our eyes.
"Some other time man" Nate said to him "sorry" he apologized to him.
"Dick" Liam mumbled. 
After a while Liam said to Nate to leave him in front of some building and he got out. Then Nate left us in front of our house and he went somewhere

"Nate is weird. There's something going on with him" Maria said to me "some girl maybe" she added.
"I don't know what but something is definitely going on." I said.

There wasn't nobody at home so me and Maria spend time alone talking about things and of course watching movie. 

Its good. Everything's going good for now.

Under the Moonlightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें