Chapter 3

"Where is Nate?" I yelled at him and started going toward him. I don't know from where I got that strength and confidence to start yelling at some unfamiliar guy, who was much stronger then me and I didn't know what were his intentions. "What the hell did you do to my cousin?" I asked nervously and got even closer to him. I was furious, angry and scared for Nate in the same time. The guy didn't speak. He was just looking me at the eyes.
"Tell me where is he?" I pushed him on his chest.  "what did you do to him?" I asked him one more time and then tried to slap him in the face, but he caught my arm and stopped me.
"Calm the fuck down" he yelled at me and looked me deeply in the eyes. His eyes weren't black yet, they were red and they were shining. I shocked my head and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes and saw his black eyes again. I started hallucinating from all that fury I had. 
"Vanessa get out of here" I heard Nate's voice in one moment. I moved that guy's hand of me and started looking around.
"Nate" I yelled. I couldn't see him anywhere. "Where are you?" I asked and started going around the room. I was desperately trying to spot Nate.
"Go home Vanessa. Please" I heard his voice again and this time I could hear from where the voice was coming.
"Nate..." I called him one more time but then I saw a separate room from the one we were in. It was like some cell with bars and when I looked better I saw Nate leaned with his hands on the wall and he was looking down at the ground. He was shirtless.
"Nate are you OK?" I asked and got even closer. I touched the bars with my hands. "What he did to you?" I asked and started shaking the bars. I tired to find something to open it but there wasn't anything. It was impossible to open the door and get in the room.
"Vanessa get out" he said and I could hear his faster breathing. He sounded upset, anxious and he was definitely not okay. 
"Nate what's happening?" I asked not paying attention on his request.
"Get the hell out of here" he yelled so hard. There was something different in his voice. Before I could say anything I saw him turning around.
"Get out of here now" he yelled with deep voice. I couldn't see anything on his face except for his eyes. They were shining and blue. He was going toward me and when he was close enough I saw something I never thought I would see. Nate's face wasn't the same. His beard was bigger and his jaw line was covered with it. His mouth was opened and I saw four animal teeth. Just like wolf. His nose was bigger, so do his forehead and cheeks. I could barely see his eyes. At the end I saw the wolf ears. He was looking like a monster. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was getting even closer. He seemed angry. I wasn't sure it was Nate anymore. He was making notices like some animal, like wolf but he looked half human.
What the hell is this?
He was getting even closer and suddenly he touched the bars with his hands and then I spotted the big wolf nails on it. I made step back and he tried to catch me with his hands, still making all those wolf noises. The bars were between us he couldn't do anything but he was like a beast. I felt a tears falling down my cheeks.
"Keep him closed until I get back" I heard a voice saying. Suddenly in front of me were staying three guys and I saw the same nails on there hands. I fell on the ground. I couldn't believe what's happening. It was all like a nightmare. I was feeling like it was a bad dream and I wanted to wake up from it as soon as I can.

Someone took me of the ground and carried me in his arms. I wrapped my arms about his neck just to hold and not to fall. I saw his face and his red eyes again. Now I knew I wasn't hallucinating. They were real all I saw it. I knew the eyes I was seeing weren't human's eyes, but they were beautifully shining.
We got out and he left me and I stood on my own legs and looked at him.
"What are you?" I asked with quiet and calmer voice. I felt exsausted from all that happened and  I didn't have strenght to talk.
"Sorry for this" he said not paying attention on my question. 
"For what?" I asked and that's the last I remember from that night.

-

I opened my eyes and I saw Nate sitting next to me on the bed. I moved my hair from my face and looked at him better.
"Nate?" I said confused now knowing what was he doing in my room in that time. 
"Vanessa" he said and then all my memory from last night got back. I remembered everything. I moved a bit and leaned on the back of my bed.
I remember how he looked last night, like real monster. I was interested of what the hell was that but also scared from him. I showed it so well. Quickly he got up from the bed. He probably saw I was kinda scared and still confused. 
"Calm down I am not going to hurt you" he said seriously. It was the same Nate like always, human and without any animal looks. It was confusing, a lot.
"Get out" I said to him and stood up from the bed. I was scared. I was scared from Nate, my cousin, my brother, my friend, my savior.
"Vanessa I need to explain you" he said and get closer to me
"Don't move or I'll scream" I said to him "get out whatever you are." 
"You're not Nate. Nate is gone" I mumbled and I felt sad, my mind was messed up.
"Vanessa" he wasn't paying attention on my request.
"Get out" I yelled so hard and took the lamp from the bed table in my hands for my defense. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't have better idea in that moment.
"OK I am going out, just calm down" he said and started going toward the door. He got out and closed it.
I took a deep breath and sat on the chair in front of my desk. I went through every memory from the previous night.
It can't be. It was probably some prank or something. It wasn't real. It can't be real. There aren't human wolfs. Supernaturally doesn't exist. It only exist in the books and the movies. Its not real.
There was so much going on in my mind. I was freaking out. I get out of my room immediately and started looking for Nate.
"Nate" I yelled while I was running around the house. "Where are you?" I was still angrily yelling.
"Vanessa" I heard him from the kitchen.
"It was a prank right. You were just kidding with me" I said to him "you were bored and you wanted to make something interesting " I said to him but I didn't believe in what I was saying. I wanted to think something that wasn't true and I wanted to be true.
He just looked down.
"Tell me you were kidding with me" I yelled at him again. He didn't say a word and I realized he wasn't making any joke the previous night. It was all true. But what was true? What I saw?
"What are you?" I asked with calmer voice. I knew what I was about to hear was unbelievable.
"Werewolf" he said and I made step back.
"That's not even real" I said "you are messing with me" I tried to not believe in what I heard.
"It is" he said and showed me his blue eyes one more time and that made me get out if the kitchen. I run toward my room and quickly got in it. I spend an hour thinking about it. Then I turned on my laptop and googled the word werewolf and read every single article about it. I spend all day at my room not answering to the calls on my phone not talking with nobody and just reading about the werewolves. It all seemed so unreal, so untrue. I couldn't believe they were actually real and I saw one of them, or four of them.
I spend all day answering on my questions about the werewolves and I couldn't really get a good answers on them. I spend the day just for nothing. Thanks god nobody from the family wasn't asking me why I was locked the whole day in my room. Nate didn't talk to me too. He kinda left me space to think about everything and just 'cook' it in myself.

The next day I wasn't ready to go to school. I didn't want to talk with nobody, because I knew something that nobody knows. I knew that there are beasts on this world and the werewolves were real. My cousin was a werewolf too.
How the hell I am going to act like everything's normal?
I said to my parents that I feel sick and I can't go to school. They didn't complain. They all went to work and I left home alone. Another day to think about everything. I decided to do a few things.
If the werewolves were real and they are I need to do something to protect myself and my family. There is probably something that effects them and makes them weaker. From what I had read that thing is called wolfsbane. Of the werewolves are real that thing should be real too. I need to find it.
I was starting to live another live. Nothing is going to be the same from now.