Chapter 50

Vanessa's POV

We were having our breakfast in the kitchen when suddenly someone knocked on the door. Maria stood up and opened it. I saw mum and my aunt getting in the apartment. I saw Nate and Jack both stood up from the table to welcome them. I was still sitting. I was a bit shocked and I hated surprises like that.
"You must be Jack" my mum said to Jack and smiled at him.
"Nice to meet you Mrs. Lydia" he said to her and smiled back.
I wanted to escape from the apartment. I didn't want to be there.
Mum and aunt sat and joined us on the table.
"Vanessa honey" my mum looked at me. "I've been thinking. You are a lot of people here and I am sure it's not so comfortable to all of you." She said and I raised my eyebrows. "So you can come back at our house honey. Your room is still the same." She said and I looked down at the table and smiled nervously.
I always hated when someone else was making plans for me. I hated it.
"Look mum" I looked at her. "No offence but I don't want it" I said to her.
"Jack can come too sweetheart" she said, still smiling and looked at Jack. Jack looked at me and I saw he was feeling uncomfortable.
"The answer is still no" I said to her.
"Um. Okay. You'll decide what's the best for you" she said and faked a smile. I knew it was a fake smile. She wasn't happy of my decision.
Then they all started talking about something and I was the only one that wasn't saying a word. I was probably the only one that was thinking that it was all so weird. I was feeling uncomfortable.
"Are you making a party for the birthday Nate?" Aunt Jess looked at Nate. I totally forgot that Nate's birthday was coming.
"I don't think so" Nate said and I saw he looked annoyed from aunt and her questions too. I forgot how tough could be aunt.

After a while they left and I relieved.
"Don't tell me they are coming like this very often?" I asked Nate.
"Not really, they came for you this time." He said. "Look Vanessa I think you should spend more time with them. You are their daughter." He said to me and I looked down.
"Don't push me Nate. It's not that easy." I said.
"And how do you think they feel?" He asked me. "Their daughter is back like werewolf and she is pregnant. They accepted you like you are and you are not even trying to get close to them again." He said to me.
It made me think about it. It was true, but it wasn't easy for me.
"I'll try" I said to him and smiled.

"Vanessa let's go out for a coffee?" Maria said to me in one moment.
"Where did that come from?" I asked her as I sat on the sofa next to Jack and took a sip from his tea.
"I don't know. I guess I missed my best friend. I missed the talks with you" she said and I rolled my eyes.
"Okay" I said. "Just let me change my clothes." I said and went in the bedroom.
I was ready. I went in the living room. Nate was sitting with Jack on the sofa and they were watching some TV show. Maria was waiting for me in front of the door. We said goodbye to the boys and got out.

We ordered our coffee and she looked at me and didn't say anything.
"How are you doing?" I asked her.
"Well that's good for a change. You asking me questions." She smiled. "I am good" she said and I chuckled.
"Why I think you are not so good." I said to her. "You look like you don't sleep so much, you look tired and not so happy" I added.
"You are not happy too." She said and I looked down. She was right.
"You know my problems. Tell me yours?" I looked at her. "Is it Nate or?" I asked her.
"It's not Nate. He is amazing, but everything that happened it's just..." She stopped talking and looked down at her coffee. "I planned to go to college and travel too you know" she looked at me. "But you disappeared and everything changed. Our lives changed too Vanessa, not just yours." She said to me and I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. She was right. I left so much behind me. "We didn't spend a day without thinking about you or making plans how to save you." She said.
"I know that" I mumbled. "But there still is time to go to college and everything" I said to her. "You can make your dream come true. I know Nate will support you in every decision you make." I said to her smiling. I tried to cheer her up. I haven't done that in a while.
"Yeah sure" she mumbled and faked a smile. "But let's talk about some more happy things" she said.
"Is there any in our lives?" I asked her and chuckled.
"How is Jack like a boyfriend?" She asked me. "He is a good thing in your life" she added and I smiled.
"He is good" I said. "Amazing actually. But I have never tried to see that. He never made me cry, he never made me sad or angry." I said and smiled.
"Is he a good kisser?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.
"Amazing kisser" I answered and she chuckled.
"Is he good in bed?" She asked and I laughed.
"If he wasn't I wouldn't be pregnant now" I said and we both laughed. "And Nate?" I looked at her. "You told me once he was a good kisser. Is he good in bed?" I asked her and I saw her chuckled.
"He is more then good" she said, smiling.
In one moment something made me think. We were both sitting there and laughing. I never thought I will talk with my best friend like that. We were having a good time in such a bad days. That was amazing. I felt amazing.
"Vanessa?" Maria looked seriously at me in one moment. I knew she was going to ask me some weird or bad question. "And Taylor" she said and stopped smiling immediately.
"What about him?" I asked with serious face and quiet voice.
"You must feel something about him" she said. "the two of you were so close to each other. It's so weird watching you separated." She added.
"My story with Taylor is over Maria." I said to her. "I can bet that all of this didn't happen we still would've be together, but now.." I said. "Now Jack is the person I want to be with." I added. "Don't ask me questions like that anymore" I said seriously and she just nodded.
After a while Maria received a text. It was Nate. He said they were at Taylor's house and they were all going to have a practice. We needed to go there too.

Maria and I decide to go there running. When we got in the woods we both turned into a werewolves and started using our power of super fast running. We were both laughing because we were both enjoying in it.
As soon as we arrived we saw everyone were there in front of the house.
"You won't let me fight right?" I looked at Jack as I got closer to him.
"Nope" he smiled and gave me a short kiss on the lips. I smiled back and departed from him.

They started making plans for the practice and somehow the girls, I mean Maria, Lisa and I finished at the side leaned on the cars and we were watching the boys fighting.
"I feel so good right now" Lisa said and we both looked at her. "I mean just look, eight hot boys fighting in front of us. It's such a turn on" she said. Maria laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"You have a hot pack Vanessa" Maria said to me and I saw her looking at the boys.
"And you have a cute boyfriend" Lisa said to her and we all looked at Nate. He was fighting with Luke and Sam.
"I am guilty." Maria chuckled as she bit her lip.
Suddenly I heard someone's phone was ringing.
"Nessa it's mines. Answer it" Jack said to me and I took the phone from his jacket. I didn't know the number.
"Hello" I answered.
"Is Jack there?" I heard a female voice from the other side of the line.
"Who is that?" I asked.
"It's Rebecca" she said and I rolled my eyes. I looked at Jack who was getting closer go me.
"Who are you?" I asked her.
"Tell him I am in the town." She said and hung up.
"Rebecca?" I looked at him.
"Let's go" he said to me. He already made his way toward the car but I stopped.
"Who is she Jack?" I asked him and he turned around.
"Edward's sister." He said. "Let's go and meet her, she can't come here because of Nate." he said and I was a bit confused.
"What's she doing here?" I asked him.
"I called her. Now let's go" he said seriously.
"Why?" I yelled at him.
"Because she can help us Nessa. Please let's go." He said and I didn't move. I was still thinking what to do.

"I think that you can explain a bit better Jack. You are so mysterious and that's weird" Taylor said to him and I looked at him. "Why we should trust you?" He asked and Jack nervously walked toward him.
"You don't have right to get into this Taylor, so keep your mouth shut." He said to hin. "Rebecca is going to help us with the baby." Jack looked at me. "She is more then just a doctor." He said. "Please Nessa" he said. I just looked around and nodded.
"Let's go" I mumbled and we both got in the car. The rest were just looking at us.

I know Jack was trying so hard to keep the baby and me save and that's why I agreed to go. I didn't know anything about that Rebecca girl and didn't know if I can trust her, but I knew I could trust Jack.