Chapter 24

We were with Maria sitting on one of the benches in the school's garden. We were drinking Starbucks and just talking about school and stuff.
"I haven't seen Nate anywhere" Maria said to me. "He didn't come to school?" She asked me.
"I haven't seen him too." I said "he didn't come home for two days" I said.
Right. Nate didn't got back home since then, when he left Maria's house. Taylor told me he was in his house.
"He is at Taylor's" I said "you wanna know why he escaped that night don't you?" I looked at her
"Of course I want." she said "I thought he was getting closer to me and suddenly I feel like he escaped from me." she said a bit confused.

"Let's go there" I said to her. "We are gonna see what are they doing and what's really happening."
"But after this period finishes" she said and I nodded.

Our last period finished and me and Maria made our way toward the parking. We were about to get in the car when we saw Jackson and Chuck getting out of the school.
I called them and told them that we were going at Taylor's house. They said they'll come too. We all got in my car and I started driving.

We arrived. We entered the house and we saw Nate boxing with Isaac in the hall.
"Let's stop a bit." Isaac said to him obviously they didn't realized we were in the house too.

"No" Nate said and started punching even harder. Isaac fell on the ground. Nate was punching him so hard. He couldn't hold on anymore.

"Come on get up" Nate said to him.

"Nate we are enough for today" Isaac said. He was breathing faster. He didn't look so good. He was looking weak and he couldn't continue boxing anymore.
"We are not. Get up." Nate said still making circles around him.

"Nate" I heard Taylor's voice from upstairs. He ran down the stairs and went toward Nate. "Stop it" he said to him and helped Isaac to stand up.
"Why?" Nate looked at him "We should get more strong to survive" he added.
"I said enough" Taylor yelled at him and I heard his werewolf voice.
Nate made step back from him immediately and I saw him looking down at the ground. "Okay" he said.

"Get out." Taylor said to him with angry voice. Nate looked like he didn't have a choice. He needed to get out and he looked like he didn't want to. Nate made his way toward the door. He saw us. He looked a bit ashamed of what just happened and run as fast as he could out of the house.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked Taylor and got closer to him.
"He can't do what he wants just like that" he said seriously.
"He is not ok" I kinda yelled at him. "In stead of yelling at him you can listen to him and try to see what's wrong with him" I added.
"Why you think I didn't try?" he yelled back "I was trying to reach him for two days and all he wanted was to fight" he said and I rolled my eyes.
"Vanessa" I heard Jackson calling me. I turned around. Maria was nowhere to be seen. "She left with Nate" he said to me.
"Perfect" I said ironically and faked a smile. "I am going home." I said and made my way toward the door. Taylor followed me. I didn't saw my car. Obviously Nate and Maria took it.
"Seriously?" I took a deep breath. I was a bit pissed off. I didn't know what was happening with Nate and he and Maria disappear with my car.

"I'll take you home" Taylor said. I nodded and we both got in his car. He started driving.
We didn't talk during the whole ride. I wasn't like talking and I was a bit nervous of what just happened?
"He is gonna be alright" Taylor said to me when we were in front of my house. "It's normal to have mood changes like this" he added. I looked at him.
"Tonight is a full moon. Can he lose control and hurt someone?" I asked him. I was worried about Nate, a lot.
"No. Especially not people he loves. Don't worry" he said and caressed my cheek. We were just looking at each other for a while.
"Don't go home" he broke the silence in one moment. "Let's go somewhere" he added. I smiled and looked away.
"Because of the full moon right?" I looked at him and he laughed.
"It's amazing" he said and gave me a short kiss on the lips.