Chapter 53

Vanessa's POV

I woke up earlier and Jack was still sleeping. I got out of the tent and saw there was nobody outside. Everyone were still sleeping. I decided to go and run a bit in the woods.
I remembered about last night when Taylor dropped the necklace. I got shocked when I saw it. I thought I had lost it but all the time Taylor had it. I wasn't surprised he was keeping it all this time, but in the moment I saw it I froze. I remembered the moment he put it around my neck. I never took it off me til the day I got kidnapped and I lost it. So many times when I was back in that cell I was touching my neck without the necklace on it. I was feeling empty without it and some times I was crying because I didn't have the necklace around my neck.
In one moment I started walking when suddenly saw someone in front of me. It was a man running toward me. I looked better and saw it was Taylor. I didn't have time to escape, he saw me too.
He stopped running too and he was a few meters in front of me. That was it. I needed to stop walking and talk with him. I was sure he was going to say something to me. He looked at me and smiled.

"Isn't early for walking in the woods?" he asked me with a smile on his face. He got closer to me.
"Says the guy who is doing the same" I said and chuckled. He chuckled too.
I was feeling surprisingly relaxed and free to talk with him.

"Why are you up so early?" he asked me and I just looked down at the grown. I put my hands in the pockets of my jeans and looked at him again.

"I don't know" I said "Maybe because I am not used on so much sleeping." I said and smiled. We were standing there in silence for a few seconds. I was thinking if I should ask him the same question. He was looking at me and I was looking at him. It was weird. " what about you?" I finally dropped the words out of my mouth.

"I couldn't sleep" he said.

"Um, I'll continue now" I said and he nodded. I didn't know what could talk to him and I didn't want everything to become awkward. I passed him and I was about to start running again when suddenly heard his voice.

"Don't you wanna ask me something?" He asked and I needed a moment before turning around and answering the question. Yes I wanted to ask him why he didn't get rid of the necklace and why is he having it in the pocket of his jacket.
"About what?" I asked him as I turned around. I tried to act like I didn't understand what was he talking about. He got back and got closer to me.
"Vanessa I am not crazy. I feel too" he said and I looked away. I couldn't look him at the eyes.
"Don't do this Taylor. Stay away" I said and made step back.
"I am not doing anything. The things are just happening" he said and raised his hands in defense. "The necklace..." He wanted to say something about the necklace but I interrupted him.
"I don't care. It's in the past." I said. "I forgot about it and" I said to him as I looked him at the eyes.
He tried to get even more closer to me but I turned back and continued running.
"I know you felt something" he yelled after me, but I didn't turn around.

I saw him running back toward the lake and then I started thinking.
Did I really feel something? Was he telling the truth or not?

The bad thing was that I was debuting. I wasn't sure and that was freaking me out. I didn't want to have messed feelings and the last thing I wanted to was to get back my old feelings.

I am freaking out. I am going to become crazy and nuts. Calm down Vanessa, it's not big deal?

Oh my god, did I just called myself Vanessa. It's can't be happening. I need to get back and see Jack. I don't need nothing else and nobody else.

I ran back toward the tents and saw some of the guys were woken up. I got closer and saw Jack.

"Where have you been?" he asked me as I was getting closer to him and have only one thing in mind, to hug him and kiss him.