Chapter 31

Usual morning. Wake up, have breakfast and go to school. Everything was the same. Like I was having my perfect teenage life. I was dressed up like every teenager in modern clothes and I had a car. I was going to one of the greatest schools in the city.
But I was different. My soul was different. My heart was full of love and my mind full of fear.
A week passed since the full moon and I was still feeling bad. I couldn't forget about anything and I was thinking all the time about the next full moon. Nothing could cheers me up. I was scared of losing the people I love. I was scared of the dead.
That morning's ride toward the school was quiet. Nate was with me in the car, but we weren't talking.  
"Have a nice day" he said to me and got out of the car. He was on the same mood like me. I took my bag, locked the car and made my way toward the classroom.

The classes passed like usual. Me and Maria both got out of the school.
"See ya" I smiled to her.
"Wait. Aren't you coming with us?" She asked me.
"Where?" I asked
"At at Taylor's" she said.
"No I am going home. I need to sleep" I said and made my way toward my car. I saw Nate and Maria going somewhere with Jackson and Chuck. They were going at Taylor's. I wanted to not think about it for a while. I knew if I went there I should talk and think about the night on the next full moon. Then night when some of us might be dead. I didn't want to think about it. I wanted to escape. I was scared. 

When I got home I first went and took some water from the kitchen and made my way toward the room. There wasn't nobody in the house, except Philip. He was in his room. 
I opened the door and I saw Taylor standing in front of me. He was in the room. 
"Hey" I said casually and went closer to him. I put the glass with the water on the desk and threw my bag on the ground. I gave him a short kiss on the lips. 

"I know you are acting different you know that right?" he looked at me as I sat on the bed. Actually I laid on the bed and leaned on the wall. I didn't say anything. I just took my phone and turn on on Internet. 
"Great. Here is your teenage side" he said and after he got closer to me, he took my phone off my hands. "Let's go" he said. 
"I wanna stay here" I said. 
"Vanessa this is not the time when you are being stubborn." he said. "let's go" he said. 

"I am not stubborn" I said "I am sorry but I can't watch you when they are going to kill you" I said and I couldn't believe I said that. 

"Where is the strong Vanessa? You weren't like this before. You wanted to be part of this, you wanted to help us and now.." he started talking a bit nervously. "I am not going to die. I am not going to leave you." he said "I can't believe you are giving up just like that." he said and made step back. "It's the time when I need you really badly and I want you to be next to me and you are leaving me." he continue talking and I was just looking at him. "I can't do this without you Vanessa, I can't do this without your love and support. I feel like you are leaving me. We didn't talked more then 10 minutes this last week" he said. 
"I am not leaving you" I said quietly. 
"Then come and fight this fight with me. I need you don't you understand that" he said still looking me deeply at the eyes. I could've see the pain in his eyes. He needed me, but I needed him too. 
"I am scared" I said and looked down at my hands. I was playing with my fingers. 
"I am scared too. I was never feeling like this in my entire life." he said and sat next to me on the bed. 
"Don't do this now" he said and took my hands. "be with me, be with us." he said and got his face closer to mine. "I wanna survive this and later be happy with you." he said as he put his hand on my cheek. "Please" he prayed and got even closer to me. Out foreheads touched and I could feel his breathing and his smell. 
"Let's go" he mumbled still in the same position. I just nodded and we got got up. I dressed up my jacket. Taylor got out from the balcony as I went downstairs and got out of the house from the front door like normal human. I just laughed when I saw Taylor in front of his car. I closed the door and we left.

As we arrived in front of the house I saw everyone were there, Jess and her pack including. We got out of the car and everyone looked at me.
I got closer to Maria and Nate.
"What's the plan Taylor?" The others started asking him. He took a deep breath.
"To fight and save ourselves." Taylor said. "Kill if you need to kill." He said.
"We are going to train every single day til that night and get stronger, much stronger." He said
"We are all together in this" Jess said and everyone agreed.
In one moment Taylor got closer to us and Maria looked at him.
"I still don't have control." She said
"I know. But that night you'll fight with us. You are going to be strong and that's good" he said and Maria's eyes widened.
"You'll know who should you attack. You won't hurt us" Jess said. It was first time that Jess had spoken to Maria after she bit her. We all looked surprised.
"How?" Maria asked.
"You'll see that night." Jess said and smiled to her. 
"That's all good, but guy I can't punch anyone. I'll break my hand or something" I said seriously but I saw Taylor smiled. 

"You'll train." he said to me 
"Yeah like before" I said and rolled my eyes. We were always ending up making out instead of training. 
"Now we'll take this serious" he said. 

"I think I should practice with Nate" I said and make provoking face. I didn't know why I said that. 
"woow" Jackson laughed. 

"That's was painful" Taylor said seriously and looked at me. "anyway no" he said. I just looked away at him and pretended I was mad at him. I laughed secretly though.
"Taylor we are leaving now." Jess said "same time tomorrow" she said and Taylor said bye to them.
The situation was very intense and everyone were a bit scared. I was feeling the worse these last days. I knew we needed something fun.
"I did something bad" I said to them and all looked at me. I was lying and messing up with them. They all could've heart my heartbeat, but I tried to be normal so they won't suspect anything. I got shut for a few minutes.
"She is going to start messing with us" Maria said and I looked at her surprised.
"What?" I yelled "no" I said and now I got a bit nervous because she probably heard my heart beating.
"How do you know?" Nate asked her.
"I know her all my life and listen to her heart beating now. She is lying" Maria said and winked at me.
"Thanks a lot." I said and made mad face.
Taylor came closer to me and wrapped his arms around me laughing.
"I am hungry" Maria said.
"Me too" Nate said and I rolled my eyes. They were always hungry.
At the end of the day we all finished eating pizza and pancakes in Jackson's and Chuck's apartment.
Nate and I wanted to watch movies but the others didn't agree.
"Don't worry. We have all night to watch movies." Nate said and winked at me with while he was eating his slice of pizza. I just nodded and smiled.
I was happy in those moments. I tried to forget about the bad things and enjoy the happiness with the people I love.
"Are we having party for Jackson's birthday?" Chuck asked in one moment.
"No. We don't have to" Jackson said obviously thinking that we should not have fun til the next full moon.
"Why not?" Nate asked.
"Yeah we are definitely having." Taylor said "I wanna get wasted" he added and everyone laughed.
"Got you here" I laughed. "I am going to have fun, you guys enjoy in not be able to get drunk" I said and I was messing with them.
Taylor just looked at me and gave me a warning look.
In one moment Maria and Mate started sharing looks. Something like smiling, blushing and stuff.
"OK that's enough. Are you guys officially dating?" I asked both of then after I left my plate with the pizza on the table.
"No" said Maria.
"Yes" said Nate. They spoke in the same time.
"So you are" I said.
"Yes" Maria finally admitted it and we all started messing with them.
"It was time" Nate whispered to me rolling his eyes.
"You know I am werewolf too. I can hear it" Maria said to him.
"Yup" Nate smiled to her.
We were there a few more hours just talking and having fun. Then Nate and I needed to go home. We didn't spend so much time at home lately and we didn't want problems at home. At the end we were still teenagers at home.
Taylor took us home. Nate got out of the car as I stayed to say goodbye to Taylor. We kissed and I turned around to open the door. I got out.
"Hey" he said when o was about to close the door. I looked at him. "I love you" he winked at me and smiled. I couldn't not to blush.
"Love you too" I said and left.
The rest of the day I spend with my family.