Chapter 43

Vanessa's POV
We made our way back to Mexico. Jack was driving the car and I was sitting on the passenger seat. We weren't talking the whole ride. I was thinking all the time about what happened back in Charlotte. Taylor's words were messing up with my mind. I was hearing only one word, killers. Killers, killers, killers.
I knew I was one. I killed a lot of werewolves but not humans. I don't know why those words mind so much to me. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I survived today and that was good, but I didn't feel good. There was something wrong. I was back in my hometown after long time. I couldn't believe it. I was there and I can't lie, I felt something. I remembered a lot of good moments that happened to me. I remembered about all the people around me, about my family and my friends. That was all weird feeling and made me think about it.
I didn't want to have messed feelings, I hated that feeling.
Then I looked at Jack. He saved me. He found the cure and saved my life.
We arrived in Mexico. I couldn't avoid Hades. He was waiting for us in the garden.

"I wasn't excepting that from you Nessa" he said to me and I got closer to him.
"I couldn't. The hunters caught them before me." I said
"And why you didn't killed the hunters?" he asked me.
"I am not a killer." I said to him. It sounded like complaining. I saw him chuckled. "I am not killing humans Hades and I don't care if they are hunters or not" I said and I believing in my own words. I was pretty confident in it.
"Are you going against my will Nessa?" He asked me.
"No. I am just making what I think is right." I said still looking at him and not showing any weakness.
"Few hours in your hometown and you are already showing the old you Nessa" he said and that pissed me off. It was to much. He was provoking me and I didn't liked it.
"You should't say that, you know it's not true." I said to him. "That has nothing to do with the hunters. I am still the same Hades" I said and made step back. He wasn't saying anything.
I made my way toward my room. Jack was following me.
We both entered the room and I sat on the bed. He sat next to me too.
"I couldn't kill them Jack" I decided to speak. "They are humans" I added

"Shh" he mumbled and put his hands on my face. I looked at him. "I totally understand you" he said quietly.
"And what now?" I asked him. I was like lost. I was feeling that was after long time.

"We'll continue with our lives. Don't worry. It's gonna be all right." He said and got closer to me. "This is not a huge problem. Don't think about it anymore. Trust me" he said and gave me a peck on the lips.
"Why are you so sure?" I asked him, still looking him at the eyes.
"Because it must be. We deserve it, we deserve to be happy, you deserve it." he said "you did nothing wrong." he added and I couldn't not to smile.
"Well, we should start from visiting Sarah. That's making me happy." I said and he smiled.
"You are right. Let's go and talk about dolls and cookies" he said and we both laughed. She loved playing with dolls and eat cookies.
We both made our way to Sarah room and spend the rest of the day with her.

Taylor's POV

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Nate asked me yelling. "Are you out of your mind or what?" he yelled again.
We were all in my house in the woods. Chuck, Isaac and Maria came after Vanessa left. We told them what happened and Nate was still very angry.

"And what I needed to do Nate?" I asked nervously. "She is not the same, you see that too. They kissed in front of me Nate" I yelled and got closer to him. "What would you do Nate? Believe me you don't feel worse then me right now, so shut the fuck up" I yelled and turned around. I wanted to get out from the hall and just walk outside. It was night and I needed to be alone.
"I would've fight for her Taylor. I would've fight to save the girl I love" I heard Nate's voice from behind and I stopped. "I wasn't excepting that you will give up so easily Taylor" he said and I turned around and looked at him.

"Easily?" I said and chuckled. "I didn't stop searching for her for 18 months, since the day they kidnapped her from my own bed Nate" I said "I did so much to find her and I found some other girl, not her. You saw that too, you all saw that. Vanessa is not Vanessa anymore." I said and finally left the house.

I started walking nervously in the woods. I was thinking about her, about everything that happened that day and I couldn't get the picture of her out of my head. I couldn't forget the moment when he kissed with him. That hurt and it's painful more than any pain I felt before.
I was walking and didn't care where. I was thinking and not looking around. Suddenly I found myself in front of Vanessa's house. I came here because I wanted to be there. The house was the only place that reminded me of her, the real her. I was just looking at the balcony of her room when suddenly heard the front door opened. Her brother Philip got out of the house.
"Taylor" he saw me. "What are you doing here?" He asked me and got closer to me.
"Nothing, I just walked around" I mumbled.
"Nate told me Vanessa was in town" he said and I nodded.
"She was and she left" I said.
When Vanessa disappeared Nate told Philip everything. We needed to tell everything to her parents and Nate's mum too. They were making us crazy and sick in that moment. Later they were avoiding us and at the end the accepted it. That was not case with Philip. He was supporting us from the first moment and he wanted to help us find Vanessa, but of course me and Nate didn't let him to be involved in it. We were protecting him and the rest of the family.
"Are you okay?" He asked me. I didn't answered anything, but I was not OK.
"There is nobody home." He said and I looked at him surprised. "You know where her room is if you want to" he added and I couldn't not to smile on that.
He left and I opened the front door of the house. I went upstairs and stood up in front of Vanessa's room. The door was closed. I took a deep breath and opened the door. The room was the same. Vanessa's stuff were all around the room and I still could've feel the smell of her perfume.
I started walking around the room and touching all of her books on the desk. I sat on her bed and started remembering about all of the moments we spend together. We were happy and those moments were the best moments in my whole life.
I took the necklace from the pocket if my jacket. It was the necklace I gave her on her birthday. I found it on the floor the day after she was kidnapped. She never took it off from her neck. That day I took it and carried it with myself all the time.

Suddenly I heard someone got in the house. I opened the door and left the room immediately. I went downstairs and saw Vanessa's parents arrived.
"Taylor" Mrs. Lydia got surprised when she saw me. "What are you doing here?" She asked me.
I was feeling a bit stupid they saw me in the house and alone.
"I just..." I didn't know what to saw. I couldn't lie.
"Never mind" her dad smiled at me and tried make me not feel uncomfortable. "Let's go to the living room" he said. I nodded and we went in the living room.
Vanessa's parents knew Vanessa was alive and they were happy because of it. They seemed more alive and I knew they would accept what Vanessa was no matter what.
"Nate told us everything" Mrs Lydia said to me after got back from the kitchen with plate with cookies. She put it on the table and sat on the other side of the sofa.
"It's a bit complicated" I said. I didn't really know how to explain the whole situation.
"Is she going to get back again?" Mrs. Lydia asked me.
"I don't know but..." I stopped talking. "But what?" She looked at me with a worried face.
"I don't believe she will" I said and looked down. I couldn't look at them.
"And Nate said you will fight to get her back." Mrs James, Vanessa's dad said to me. "He said you'll get her back and everything's going to be okay." He added. I looked at him and didn't know what to answer. I was speechless and couldn't find words to describe my feeling.
"I...I..." I mumbled not saying anything.
"Taylor, you promised to me you'll save my daughter" he said to me and sounded a bit nervous.
"I did" I said "but..."
"But what?" He asked again.
"She doesn't want to be saved" I said and they looked me and seemed surprised from my words, both of them.
"How do you know that?" Her mother asked me.
I tired to tell them everything I felt in that moment, everything that happened and they still wanted her daughter back.
"I loved her more than anything. I still love her and I always will, but I can't be blind to everything that's happening around me. I can't fight this fight alone." I said and stood up from the sofa. I planned to leave.

"Taylor you should not give up so easily" Mrs. Lydia said to me after she stood up and got closer to me. She put her hand on my shoulder.
"It's not easy. It's hard" I said and made my way toward the door. I got out and left.

I was still nervous when I got back at the woods house. There was nobody else. Everyone were gone.

Thanks god. I don't wanna be around people right now.

I got upstairs and laid on the bed in my room.

I need to get used on life without Vanessa. That's gonna be hard as hell.