Chapter 20

It passed two days. I didn't heard anything about Taylor. I tried to convince myself that I should not think about them, but I couldn't. I was thinking a lot and I was hell of a worried. He didn't come back and I didn't know what's happening. Nate and everyone else from the packs were together all the time and probably they were trying to came up with some idea to save Taylor. I didn't even talk to Nate about it. I didn't know anything.
My leg was healing. It wasn't healing so fast but the important thing is that it was healing and it wasn't hurting me that much anymore. I was trying to hide it from everyone in the house. But it was obviously that the scars on my leg won't disappear ever so they would've find out about it eventually. But it wasn't time yet so I was carefully hiding it.

We were with Maria in my room. We came home after school. We needed to go to some extra math classes later.
"Let's go we'll be late" Maria shouted after she got out of the room.
"I am coming" I said while I was still watching myself in the mirror. I was fixing my hair when I suddenly looked at the necklace on my neck. The one from Taylor. I squeezed it with my hand and closed my eyes. I thought about Taylor, his smell and his hugs. I missed him so much.
"Vanessa" Maria's yelling interrupted my thoughts. I quickly got out of the room and went downstairs.
"Are you OK?" Maria asked me when I joined her downstairs.
"Yeah." I smiled "let's go" I said and opened the door.
We went at the school. There were a few more students in the classroom. We sat on our places and just waited for the professor.
We were there for two hours and then we finished.
"Finally. I hate math." Maria said when we got out of the school.
"Did you understand something?" I asked her and I laughed. I knew she didn't understand anything.
"Yeah everything. I am math genius" she said ironically and faked a smile.
I just laughed on that and we got in the car. Maria started driving.
"Can I ask you something?" She asked me in one moment.
"Yes" I said.
"what happened with Taylor?" She asked. She didn't mentioned Taylor and the guys those two days. I didn't to.
"I don't know." I said and looked through the window.
"I know you wanna know" she said. "Let's go in the woods house" she said and I couldn't not to look at her with surprised look.
"Why. He is not there." I said and rolled my eyes.
"But his pack is there and the other pack." She said
"And?" I made questioning look.
"And you can find something about your boyfriend Vanessa" she said with a bit louder voice.
"They won't tell me anything. They don't think I am part in that pack." I said "they don't think I am something important there" I added. "And they are right. I am weak, I am not a werewolf. I can't fight. I can be killed any moment and I am just making more problem" I said and looked at her.
"Nonsense." She said "everything you just said is really nonsense" she added. "You are everything to them just they wanna protect you because they love you to much to lose you."
"They are not thinking about me and what I want. Taylor went there knowing he could die and he didn't even tell me about that." I said
"Yeah you are right here but my point was you don't have to act like you don't care, cos you do and please let's go there and find out what's happening with Taylor" she kinda prayed me with soft and calm voice.
"OK" I said after a few minutes of thinking.
Maria drove us there. We arrived in front of the house. There was nobody in front if it.
"They aren't here" I said "let's get back"
"We'll get in the house" she said and I rolled my eyes.
We got out of the car and quietly got closer to the door of the house. We opened it and when we were about to get in two guys showed in front of us. Jackson one of the guys from Jess's pack. They heard us coming.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Jackson asked us.
"Ask Maria" I said an casually passed them and went to toward the hall. Everyone was there. I got closer and suddenly I saw Taylor in the middle between all of them. Jess was next to him and everyone were looking at me.
"You gotta be kidding me" I mumbled when I saw him. He was there standing in front of me.
"Vanessa" he smiled and started going toward me.
"Don't." I said and made step back. He stooped two meters in front of me and I saw he looked confused.
I suddenly felt like I couldn't breath. He was there and I didn't even know he was back. I didn't know when he got back and how. I was complete stranger in that situation.
I made a few steps back and ran outside.
"Vanessa wait" I heard Taylor's voice behind me. I didn't turned around I continue walking even more faster.
Suddenly he started running and showed in front of me.
"Hey where are you running?" He asked me and touched my shoulders.
"Let go of me" I yelled and passed next to him.
"Vanessa what's wrong?" He yelled after me and I couldn't not to stop. I turned around.
"Are you serious?" I rolled my eyes. "You are giving up from your life without telling me" I said and made step closer to him. "You didn't even tell me what are you planing to do." I said "later your betas are giving me something to smell and made me sleep for to days" I yelled. "I was like some toy and they were playing with me."
"We were just trying to protect you" he said.
"No you were selfish. None of you thought about me, even for a moment. You didn't care how I was  feeling and what I needed. You didn't care about me." I said
"I cared Vanessa that's why I went there. To protect all of you and stop this thing before it gets worse." He said.
"You didn't care for your life" I said and he just looked down. "What the hell I would do without you Taylor?" I asked him "did you thought about that?" I asked with calmer voice.
He didn't say anything.
I saw Maria and Nate getting out if the house.
"Leave me alone. All of you." I said and first looked at Taylor and then at Nate.
I turned around and made my way toward the car. I got in and just waited for Maria to come. She joined me immediately and started driving. Taylor and Nate were just looking at us.
"Did you know that he got back?" I asked Maria.
"What?" She kinda yelled "no. Of course no. I would've told you." She said kinda surprised from my question. "Where did this come from?" She asked.
"I don't know." I said "I am going to freak out" I added.

Maria continued driving toward the city. I was all the time thinking about Taylor. I was so mad and hurt by him but in the same time I was so happy that he was alive and back. I didn't know how he got out of there. Did he escaped alone or the boys saved him?
I didn't know and I wanted to, but he needed to realize the mistake he did.

Maria dropped me home and then left. I went home and went strait to my room.

I was about to lay on my bed when I felt my phone buzzing in the pocked from my jacket. I took it off it and I saw I got a message. It was from Taylor. That was weird. He was never sending me texts. He was always calling me or we were talking when we were together, but never texts.

From Taylor
I  am sorry. I didn't want this to happen.

I just put my phone on the table in the room and laid on the bed.
I was tired and sick of everything. I missed him like hell and the only think I wanted to do was to hug him and kiss him, but this time it was different.