And for the first time in months, I had a dreamless night.

                The alarm sounded and I groaned. I rolled over and shut it off before wrapping my arm around the woman next to me and nuzzling against her.

                I furrowed my eyebrows and then opened my eyes to make sure that was right, that there was a woman here with me.

                There was. She had red-brown hair and green eyes that were currently closed.

                “Ash.” She mumbled.

                I smiled and played with one of the curls in her hair. “Yes?”

                “Let’s stay home. Just today. Just us.”

                I chuckled and said, “Just today.”

                She smiled and yawned before snaking her arms around me.

                I pulled the blanket around us because it was a little chilly in the room and kissed her forehead before I dozed off again.

                I woke up again about an hour later, but Erica was still asleep. I carefully untangled myself from her and stood up. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, settling on taking a shower later, I wanted to make breakfast first.

                I plugged in the waffle maker and mixed up some batter. I was just finishing the fourth waffle when she came downstairs. Her hair was messy, but a good kind of messy. A sexy kind of messy.

                “I didn’t know where you were.” She mumbled, looking a little embarrassed.

                I walked over and smiled, “I wouldn’t leave if it wasn’t for a good reason.” I liked that she didn’t want me to go, but I felt kind of bad that I made her worry. “Do you want some orange juice and waffles?”

                She smiled, “Is this how you treat all the women you sleep with?”

                “Only the special ones. Now do you want some or not?”

                She laughed and sat down at the table, “I’d love some.”

                I brought over two cups of orange juice and went back for the two plates, each with two waffles on them. The container of syrup was already on the table. We were both still in the clothes we’d slept in, her in red gym shorts and a white t-shirt, me in my blue boxers with the green four leaf clovers and a white tank.

                We ate, making small chit chat like we usually did over food and laughing at jokes we told. It was just like when we went to lunch. I liked that, I liked that we were so comfortable.

                She was drinking her orange juice and looking up at me over the top of the cup. God she gave me butterflies.

                “Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, smiling a little bit at her.

                She set her glass down and cocked her head to the side. “I don’t know. I just feel…happy. You make me happy.”

                My smile broadened and I said, “I’m glad. I like making you happy.”

                I stood up and took her plate, her fingers brushed against my arm as I started walking away and I shivered. I rinsed them off and set them in the dishwasher before walking back to the table. “Wanna watch some TV?” I asked, holding my hand out to her.

                She took it and we were standing close again. “Sure.” She whispered, but we didn’t move. I couldn’t step back, I couldn’t move at all. She was giving me that look, the one filled with want and need.

                “Erica…we can’t…you need to think about this…I’m not a test run or anything, I can’t be that for you.” I wanted to take a step back, gain some distance, but her eyes held me there.

                You can’t kiss her. She doesn’t know what she wants. You’ll get hurt when she realizes she doesn’t want you.

                “Ash, stop thinking for a second and listen.” She waited for me to answer, so I just nodded and swallowed the lump in my throat. She looked at me, head tilted up slightly. She took a couple seconds to answer, and I wondered if she felt as nervous as I did. She licked her lips and whispered, “I want you.”

                I couldn’t stop myself even if I tried. I closed the space between us and kissed her. It held all the passion and fire and emotion from last night. I thread my fingers through those curls so I could pull her closer. I traced her jaw with my lips and kissed down her neck, finding her pulse. She whimpered and tilted her head to the side, giving me better access to her neck. I slid my hand up her shirt a little, pressing the palm of my hand against her stomach and I lifted my lips back to hers before pulling away.

                “Ash…” Erica tried pulling me back to her, but I wouldn’t budge, so she came closer to me. “Why’d you stop?” She kissed my neck lightly, tentatively.

                I tried not to shiver, but I think she knew what she was doing to me because she lost the hesitant nervous part of her. I could feel her smile against my neck and I felt teeth drag against my skin and I couldn’t help but moan quietly.

                It took everything in me to pull away again. “Erica,” My breathing was heavy and I couldn’t think straight. “trust me, there’s nothing more I’d want to do than continue this, but maybe we should take it easy. I’m not going anywhere. So, let’s go slow, not everything needs to happen right away.” I knew this was the right thing to do, but I still hated it. I wanted her, but this is what needed to be done. I wasn’t going to take advantage of her like that. I wanted her to be sure of every step.

                She nodded after a bit, “Alright.” She was quiet and was busy looking at my feet.

                “Hey,” I lifted her chin so she’d meet my eyes, “I’m not going anywhere. We have plenty of time. As much time as you want.” I kissed her forehead softly and hugged her close. I pressed my cheek against her hair and inhaled deeply.

                She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. “Really?”

                “Of course. We have all of the time in the time in the world.”

                “Okay.” She whispered.

                “Erica?”

                “Yeah?”

                “Will you go steady with me?” She didn’t answer, she just stood there in my arms. “You don’t need to answer. It was stupid.” I muttered, regretting the question and feeling a little hurt that she didn’t say yes.

                “Ash?”

                “Yeah?” I held her a little tighter and smiled through the little bit of pain there was.

                “You’re so stupid.” She mumbled into my shoulder before looking up and kissing me softly. “Of course I’ll go steady with you.”

                I smiled broadly, feeling my heart race the way it did when I was around her. “Still want to watch a movie?”

                “I’d love to.” She smiled back at me.