Chapter 45

Lola's POV

I couldn't believe Zack had shown up. How dare he come to my house then act the way he was. Matt wasn't here to tell him to go away. I know Matt wanted time away from the tension so Zack had bought the tension here and I hoped Matt had something to say when he got home from wherever he was. Where was he anyway and where was Alex, she was going to get changed ten minutes ago and hadn't come back down. Probably Zack, ruining it for everybody.

"I kind of feel like leaving." Brian murmured in my ear and I glared at him.

"No, don't you fucking dare." I snapped. "I don't want you to leave."

"Fine." He murmured kissing me and I thought Zack was going to get up and punch him. "Maybe you should at least talk to Sarah."

"I guess." I grumbled, but he had a point, it might keep the peace a little.

I climbed out, grabbing my towel and sitting next to Sarah, she smiled at me awkwardly.

"What's up?" I asked.

She groaned, leaning over. "I'm so sorry Lola, I really am."

"Not your fault." I mumbled and it was true, it wasn't her fault her boyfriend was a complete ass, oh and thank god Matt was back, only he didn't give a fuck about anything but where Alex was, typical.

"Asshole." I mumbled as he went back inside.

"Sorry." Sarah mumbled again and I shook my head.

"I'm hungry." Brian announced from the pool. What a surprise, he was always fucking hungry.

"Well get out of the pool." Zack snapped. "I've got something for you."

"Fuck off." Brian snapped.

"What'd you fucking say?" Zack yelled standing up.

"You fucking heard me." Brian yelled back.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" Matt boomed, walking out the back.

I smiled, glad he'd finally made an appearance and of course Alex was right behind him.

"He's being an asshole." Brian said, pointing at Zack.

"You're the fucking asshole." Zack snapped.

"Enough." Matt told them. "Alex and I planned on a quiet day together and I'd like it if you fuck heads didn't ruin it for me thanks." He walked over to the pool, diving in then holding his hand out to Alex. She grabbed it, jumping in, then the two of them swam off to a corner where they proceeded to make out.

"Ugh." Brian groaned, getting out. "I'm going to order Pizza or something." And I watched him walk inside.

I got up, following him in. He was standing in the kitchen with the phone in his hand, giving an order. I loved that he knew the number for pizza off by heart, it was just so Brian.

"I'll wait in here until it comes." He told me.

"Brian I'm sorry." I murmured, wrapping my arm's around his neck.

"It's not your fault Lola." He murmured, kissing me.

"I know, my brother's an asshole."

"He has every right to be Lola." He mumbled. "I treated you like shit."

"No, Brian please." I said kissing him again. "Let's not do this okay?"

"Okay." He smiled, kissing me and we stood there kissing until the doorbell interrupted us. "Pizza." He grinned.

I smiled watching him get the pizza, I was pretty sure he loved food almost as much as me. We headed out the back and Brian announced that the food was here and for once everyone was civil to eachother while we all ate.

"I'll clean up." Alex announced after everyone was finished. "Lola can you help me?"

I looked at her, she had a strange look on her face and I got the feeling she wanted to talk to me.

"So what are you doing tonight?" She casually asked as we stacked the dishwasher.

"I don't know." I told her shrugging. "What about you?"

"I think we're going for a quiet dinner somewhere."

"That sounds nice."

"Yeah." She agreed. "So are you staying here or at Brian's?" She asked quickly.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at her. "Does it matter?"

"Well, um, no I don't know." She stuttered.

"Alex, what is going on?" She was acting strange.

"Oh god Lola I'm sorry." She blurted. "But tonight, well tonight I wanted to well you know."

I frowned. "No. What?"

"Ugh." She groaned. "With Matt."

Wait a second, was she saying what I thought I thought she was saying? "You and Matt are going to do it?" I asked grinning.

"Well I don't know if we will Lola but I'm kind of planning on getting up to something, well trying at least."

"Oh my god." I screeched hugging her. "This is great, are you sure you're ready?"

"I think so, well with Matt anyway." She said shyly.

"I can stay at Brian's no problem." I assured her. "You don't want me to hang around, well you know, in case something  happens."

"Lola, it's Matt." She told me. "If I don't want something he'll stop."

"Yeah you're right." I had to agree, Matt wouldn't hurt her. "Oh my god this is so exciting."

"Please keep it to yourself, nobody knows, my guess is Matt doesn't either." She said.

"My lips are sealed." I whispered as we walked back outside but I couldn't help but grin like and idiot, it was nice seeing two of my friends happy.

I watched as she wandered over to Matt. He was laying on a sun lounge and he moved over, making room for her. I watched her lay down next to him and they started whispering to eachother. They were really cute, honestly but I always got the feeling that they'd rather just spend their time with eachother and that we were just annoyances. Oh well, obviously they were really into eachother.

"I'm staying at your place tonight." I told Brian sitting next to him.

"What, I thought we were going to hang out here?" He asked, looking confused.

"Yeah well." I murmured, leaning closer to him. "Matt and Alex want some time to themselves if you know what I mean."

I watched him look over at them and he raised his eyebrow's. "Oh I see." He snickered. "In that case, hey guy's Lola and I  might head over to my place, you're more than welcome to come." And then he sniggered like a teenage boy when he said come.

I slapped his arm, glaring at him. Matt and Alex looked up briefly, shaking their heads before getting back to whispering and kissing and surprise surprise Zack agreed to come with us.

I didn't care, I thought as I gathered my stuff, I didn't care where I stayed  as long as I was with Brian and I smiled to myself. I was glad Matt and Alex were happy with eachother, but more importantly, I was happy I had Brian.

"I love you." I whispered, kissing him.

"Alright, what do you want?" He asked jokingly.

"Just you."

"Good." He murmured. "Because I just want you."

I smiled. Everyone was happy. Well except Zack but what was new.