Chapter Forty-Two

JOES POV

"Last call for flight 407 to London United Kingdom" the computerised lady voice boomed through the speakers. I was feeling nervous. Why was I feeling nervous? If I'm feeling like this then I can't even imagine what Chloe must be feeling. It was meet the family/friends day for her. 

"Are you coming?" Chloe asked snapping me out of my chain of thought. 

"yes I am" I replied.

 We all made our way to the terminal before giving the lady our tickets, she clipped them and told us to continue walking straight through.

"I AM SO EXCITED!" Josh called jumping up and attempting to hit the roof but missed due to his height.

I couldn't help but laugh, both at his excitement and his failure. He just shrugged it off and continued to celebrate. 

"Has he ever been on a plane ride this long?" I whispered to Chloe who had a massive grin plastered on her face. 

"No" she laughed shaking her head.

"He's in for a treat then" I replied. 

The thing about long flights is, if you can't get to sleep (due to excitement) and there's no good movies to watch plane rides can be very boring. I just hope they had a wide movie selection.

We walked into the plane and were given directions by the two women standing at the entrance to our seats. 

Josh sat in the seat in front of Chloe and I, she had the window seat, which I'm not going to lie annoyed me a little bit but I need to spoil my girl. 

As the pilot's voice came through all speakers Chloe grippe my wrist tightly and shifted in her seat. 

Is she afraid of planes/falling?

I never thought to ask her. "You okay love?" I smiled and her petrified face that told me she was not alright. She nodded franticly and a laugh escaped my lips. 

"It's alright, I got you" I said trying to be comforting and wrapping my arms around her shoulders pulling her in to my chest as I do.

I looked around the seat to find Josh with a big smile on his face filing with the earphones given to us before we got on the plane. 

"You seem to be doing better than your sister buddy" I joked, he laughed turning around to se Chloe taking deep breaths with her eyes closed snuggled into my chest.

I ran my hand up and down her arm in hopes in would calm her down a little bit, it seemed to work as she her breaths came easier and quieter. I rested my head on top of hers and closed my eyes thinking about how lucky I was right in this moment.

With the girl I love.