Chapter Forty-One

CHLOES POV

As the last curl draped down my shoulder I looked in the mirror with satisfaction. I actually look half decent. I applied a bright red lipstick and smoothed out my mid-thigh black dress. I grabbed my purse and sprayed some perfume on my neck and wrists. 

Josh was at his Grandma's house tonight so me and Joe decided to go out. To say I was nervous was an understatement, I've know Joe for what feels like years now, so I shouldn't be nervous, right? Well I was. 

That date was one of those cliche surprises, I just hope it's like one from a rom-com and not a horror movie. I made my way down stairs being careful not to fall over in my ridiculously high heels. 

Normally I wear sneakers, in fact I've only worn heels 3 times in my entire life. So it's an odd feeling. Once I was safely down all the stairs I checked the time and grabbed a glass of water just as I was about to attempt the impossible task of taking a sip without ruining my lipstick there was a knock on the door.

I placed the cup on the bench and walked into the foyer, turned the door handle and swung the door open revealing my very handsome boyfriend wearing chino's and a plaid T-shirt which was very unusual for him considering his idea of any clothes is any shirt that actually has sleeves.

The corners of my mouth turned up, "wow- you look wow" he stuttered, I laughed a bit as a blush rose to my cheeks.

"You scrubbed up pretty well to if I must say so myself" I said in attempt to top his compliment. He just laughed and shrugged it off before taking a step closer to me and pulling me into him by the waist causing my to let go of the door, it swung towards us and hit him in the head. 

I couldn't help but laugh, he acted cool about it. He leaned in for a kiss but I swerved remembering I had bright red lipstick on. 

He looked at me very confused, "lipstick" I said before wriggling out of his grip and returning to the kitchen knowing he was following close behind. 

"So, it's not like it won't be ruined eventually" he said with a wink, I smacked him lightly in the chest. 

"So where are we going?" I asked, he just smirked at me. "You'll see" he replied and took my hand leading me towards the front door. 

"But I hate surprises" I whined, "You'll love this one" he said confidently. 

I jumped in the drivers side and placed my hands at ten and two after buckling up. "Tell me where to go mystery boy" I chuckled. "Take your first right and then continue straight until I tell you your next directions" He said.

***

As I drove down what Joe said was the last street I saw a lot of people heading the way I was heading. I was in Fremantle still but at some sort of park.

Joe told me to park up here because I probably wouldn't get parking further up, so I did as he said. 

When we got out of the car Joe took his hand in mine and walk me in the same direction everyone around us seemed to be working. 

I began to piece together wear we might be going. I figured it was some sort of concert or performances but by who was the question I found myself asking him every four seconds. Every time I asked him he just gave me the un helpful answer. "You'll see" 

When we finally got to our destination I almost died with excitement. 

Matt Corby. 

Matt freaking Corby!

"NO WAY ARE WE GOING TO SEE MATT CORBY!" I yelled at him, probably a little to loud as I got a lot of attention from the people walking around. 

"You betcha" He said, At this point I did not even stop to think about my lipstick. I just jumped on top of him wrapping my arms around his neck and smashing my lips against his. 

When we pulled away he said 

"Told you I'd ruin your lipstick" 

***

After Matt Corby's beautiful voice finished singing the words to Resolution and he had walked off stage I thought that was the end of the best date ever, wow was I wrong. 

"Get in the car and drive to subway cause I don't know about you but I'm starving" Joe said as we were almost at the car. I nodded frantically in agreement.

We pulled out of subway and I looked at Joe as if to ask, are we going home?

He shook his head and told me a whole new set of directions to which I followed carefully.

We ended up at some sort of cliff, "Joe where are we?" I asked

He just shrugged and got out of the car.

"Help me open the back" He said referring to the car. I helped him shocked to see a bunch of donna's and pillows in the back. I didn't recall putting them there.

As the back of the roof was lifted off I began to get really confused, "This is where we'll be sleeping tonight" he smiled getting in and chucking donna's over the top of him one by one. 

"Now get here and cuddle me" he laughed. I was so lucky to have him, he is the cutest and the sweetest guy in the world.

"One more thing" he said as I joined him in the back of the car. He ruffled through his jeans before pulling out three tickets to the UK. 

"We can all go" he smiled. 

"Joe I- I love you" I said before slapping my hand over my mouth. Joe and I have never used the 'L' word before but I meant it. 

He rolle dover on top of me and connected our lips, as cliche as it sounds fireworks went off inside me. 

"Chloe I love you too"