Chapter Eleven

JOES POV

"So, you actually hate frozen?" she asked. "yeah, I seriously hate frozen" I replied. "strange, I thought everybody loved it" She exclaimed. Chloe and I were currently sitting on a park bench, It's such good weather here, unlike cold England. 

"Do you wanna grab some breakfast, I know a good place" She asked, "Sounds good" I replied.

...

I just ordered some pancakes and Chloe ordered yogurt with fruit and granola. healthy food. ugh, I know she doesn't mean to but she kind of makes me conscious about what I eat. I mean, I'm not that bad, but I'm definitely not a good as her at eating healthy. 

"so, when are you going back home?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Uhhh, a few weeks" I said. "Oh, yeah. I've always wanted to go to the UK, But I've never looked any further into it" 

"It's cool there, literally" I exclaim, pun. "was that supposed to be a pun?" she says laughing. that laugh, I love that laugh. "u-u-uh yeah ha" I reply nervously, fuck she does this to me. 

She gives me a slight smile and then it's awkward. we just sit there, our eyes locked to each others.

She coughs a little bit and we break the eye contact and the awkward silence, "So, how long are we hanging out?" she asks and bites her lip. "I mean, I was hoping the whole day?" I say, but it sounds like a question. "that sounds good to me" 

"cool, where to next then?" I ask

"OH I KNOW, BOUNCE, HAVE YOU BEEN TO BOUNCE?" she screams and then covers her mouth and laughs so loud that† everyone around us is literally giving us death stares.

"uh, no, haha what's bounce?" 

"oh my god, oh my god let's go" 

...

CHLOES POV

"stop showing off" I hear Joe say as I land a back handspring.

"says you, Mr.backflip" I snap back and then laugh, to loud, again. oh god he probably hates my laugh by now. It's the only thing I've done today, and I don't have a very cute laugh. I can assure you.

He laughs a little, and then sighs but a happy sigh. 

"okay,okay enough trampolining for today, let's go to the beach?" He says.

"good idea" I say, as we walk towards the door. He grabs hold of my hand, and I don't reject it. I don't know, I'm really starting to like Joe. 

We both pay our share, even though Joe wanted to pay, I told him there was no way I was letting him. We walked out of bounce and then waited for a taxi to drive past. 

after about 15 minutes of waiting for a taxi we finally got to the beach. We both sat down on the sand.

"hey, joe"

"yeah?" he says and looks towards me

"I've had a really good time so far" I smile.

"I have too, chloe." he replies with an equally as big smile, and he pokes me in the shoulder.

"hey, why'd you poke me?" I say pretending to be annoyed and fake pouting.

he just laughs and stands up, he looks at me before holding out his hand to help me stand. I take his offer and pull myself up. He puts his arm around my waist and we start to walk down the beach, I lean my head on his shoulder and smile to myself. what I didn't realise was joe looking at me, "why are you smiling" he says laughing. "what am I not allowed to smile, are you the smile police" I reply continuing the joke. 

"you can smile all day, don't let me stop you" 

"good" I say and flash hm with an over exaggerated smile that shows all my teeth and probably the back of my throat as well. 

we walk for a little while, until I see someone walking directly towards us with his arms crossed. 

I can't quite make out who it is until I notice the way his walking.

shit, why, why now, when everything was perfect. just once I wanted it to last more than five minutes.