Chapter Sixteen

CHLOES POV

Cameron looked angry, Tanya looked upset, Everyone else looked worried, very worried. Tess and Chantelle gritted their teeth and looked at me. Me? what did I do? 

"Hey guys why the long faces" Micah said, but everyone brushed her off and continued to look annoyed. 

"what happened?" I snapped, can you blame me? Why was everyone looking at me like I was a criminal.

"You and Cameron dated and you didn't think it was necessary to tell me" Tanya yelled while standing up from her seat. 

My eyebrows knitted together. We never dated, sure we had a thing but it was always just a thing, never anything more. He never asked me to be his girlfriend. Then he met Tanya and they started to hang out, a lot. Sure I was a little bit jealous, but just because it was like I never meant anything to him. He could just move on without us coming to any agreements on what we were. I soon found out Tanya and Cameron were officially dating, so I tried to get over it. I would be lying if I said I was completely over Cameron but I support his decision to be with Tanya and I'm practically her best friend.

"wha- what do you mean, we never 'dated'" I said, emphasising the word 'dated' 

"Oh so you just made out every now and then and had sleepovers at each others houses because you were friends" She shouted, I ket my cool. I wasn't going to yell at my best friend over a guy.

"He never asked me to be his girlfriend, I just assumed anything that we had was over when he met you" I said calmly. 

"well apparently not" Tanya said grabbing her purse and leaving. Chantelle followed her along with Tess and Shawn. 

Cameron didn't look up once while we were fighting, I didn't care I just wanted to go as well. 

"I'm going" I said pivoting on my heels to face Terina and Micah. They nodded and hugged me goodbye. 

"we'll talk to Cameron and let you know what he says" Micah whispers trying to avoid Cameron hearing. I smiled in appreciation. I waved and then left.

I was walking towards the place I parked the car, how Tanya, Micah, Terina and Cameron going to get home, I don't know. I picked them all up, oh well that's not really my problem  I guess. Although I felt bad just leaving with out asking them.

I was almost to my car when I heard running behind me, I flipped my head to see Cameron running towards me. I waited for him as I assumed he was probably going to try and explain what the hell just happened. 

"Chloe I- I ugh, I screwed up just can I get a ride home and we'll talk in the car?" he smiled sadly.

I returned with an equally as sad smile and nodded my head slightly. He gave a genuine smile and we headed towards my car in silence. 

I sighed before opening the door and jumping into the drivers seat. 

We'd been driving for about 5 minutes now, Cameron hasn't said anything yet. The radio was playing. Birdy- Skinny Love came on, oh god. This was the song me and Cameron used to listen to when we we just cuddling in bed, I miss his hugs if I'm honest. I obviously wasn't going to admit that though. 

Cameron head shot over to look at me, I kept my eyes on the road. "You remember this song, right" He asked. I nodded. "I kind of miss cuddling with you not gonna lie" He blurted. Funny that's exactly was I was thinking, I sighed. 

"I'm guessing you want to know what happened back there?" He said kind of bluntly.

"Kind of" I laughed. This time it was his turn to sigh but it was more of a 'I don't want to tell you' sigh. "uh, okay" he said almost like he was ready to admit defeat.

"You weren't the only one the picked up on my mood, Tanya noticed I was be grumpy as well. After you left with Micah and Terina she asked why I was in such a foul mood, I told her nothing was wrong but she wasn't taking it, she knew that something was wrong, Just like you did. You talking about your new boyfriend was what was wrong" he said, I furrowed my eyebrows, still confused.

"what do you mean?" I asked

"I MEAN I CAN'T LISTEN TO YOU TALKING ABOUT BOYS BECAUSE I'M NOT OVER YOU" he shouted.

I jumped a little and then turned my head towards him not even thinking about the road anymore. "what, wh- why- I mean you aren't?" I asked still facing towards him. "keep your eyes on the road or we're going to crash" he said cooly. He was right, I turned my head back towards the road. 

"I thought you went out with Tanya because you didn't have feelings for me anymore, because you liked her, I thought you loved her?" I snapped.

"I do, it's just I'm not over you, I don't know if I ever will be" he replied, sounding much more calm this time. 

"well you have to be, you're going to break her heart and I can't let you do that" I said as I pulled into his driveway. 

"Chloe, look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel anything towards me" He coughed, I turned my head to face his.

"I- I c- can't, I can't" I said.

"g-get out n-now please" I stuttered but it was still clear. He nodded and bit his lip, He looked into my eyes and then down at my lips and he continued to do so. Almost in a pattern. I coughed, interrupting his pattern. He sighed and got out of the car.

I reversed out and headed towards my own house, I seriously need time to fathom what just happened. 

I looked down at my phone, Joe's ID popped up and the screen flashed notifying me that he was calling, I ignored it. Not just because I was driving (I had hands free) but also because I couldn't talk to anyone right now, especially not him.