Chapter Twenty-Nine

CHLOES POV

I finally decided to go get my car from the restaurant, that I'm never going to again. Not because the food is bad, or the staff are mean purely because of the memory. Joe offered to come with me but I assured him I'd be alright. 

Once I was at the restaurant I paid that taxi driver and then walked in. I already had the keys but I wanted to thank them for watching over it. I stepped inside, everything looked the same, smelt the same and seemed the same but it didn't feel the same again, because of the memory.

I thanked the staff and then walked into the parking lot where my car was parked. I got in, turned the key and drove off playing Hippie sabotage very loudly. 

When I was home I kicked off my shoes by the door and breathed in the familiar cent of my own home. I love hanging out with Joe, but it's also nice to be alone every once in a while. I locked the door behind me and walked/ran upstairs. (there may be a murder chasing me, you just never know)

I plugged my phone in to charge and then blasted Chet Faker (A/N; If you don't know who Chet Faker is omfg, go listen to him right now! personal fav - drop the game;) 

I undressed and then turned on the shower. The feeling of relaxation rushed over me as the water ran down my back and Drop the game filled my ears. 

You know when your mind wanders and you just think of random things, thats what happened while I was in the shower. My mind was off in space when the thought of Mason crossed my mind. I don't know why but tears slowly ran down my face at the thought. I haven't seen him in what feels like years.

I stopped crying and turned the shower off, I wrapped my towel around my bare body and walked back into my room. I quickly found something to wear, Just a plain white oversize jumper and some grey trackies. I half sprinted to my phone, unlocked it and clicked on the small green phone icon.

Before pressing Mason's contact number I turned the music off and laid back in my bed. I felt nervous.. Why was I nervous? Mason is my best friend we talk all the time, well usually.

I toughened up and pressed on his number, two rings in and it went through. He always was quick to answer the phone. 

-PHONE CALL BETWEEN CHLOE AND MASON- 

M- hello?

C- Mason.. 

M- Chloe are you alright?

C- yeah, I- I haven't seen you in a while, can you come over maybe?

M- I'll be there in 10 

C-cool see you then 

-END OF PHONE CALL-

Relief washed over me as I hung up the phone, He was coming over and there was literally nothing to be worried about.

After tying my hair up in a messy bun on the top of my head, making no attempt to look even slightly presentable for Mason ( as he's definitely seen me looking worse) I picked up my phone, put in the passcode and went onto twitter, not expecting what I saw next.

My DM's were filled with hate and death threats, my notifications blew up and I had gained like 3,000 followers. At first I was wondering what was happening but then it hit me, Joe's fans must know. 

I continued to scroll through my feed when I saw a picture, it was of Joe carrying me out of the restaurant. Hesitantly I looked through the comments. Tears started dwelling in my eyes as I read the first few, 

'Is that his girlfriend? ew gross. he could do so much better' 

'who the **** is she and why is she with MY joe' 

there were some simple ones like, 

'rat'

and 

'ugh she should die'

Tears were now flowing down my face at rapid pace and loud sobs could be heard from a while away. I brought me duvet closer to my chest and continued to cry not even looking through the rest of the comments, knowing they would all be hate. 

I heard my front door click open but I didn't care, I continued to sob, my breaths quickening and shortening. I knew if I didn't stop soon it would become a full-fledge panic attack but I needed to let it out, with everything that's been happening I needed to cry.

I jumped as I felt myself being pulled into a hard chest by strong arms, I looked up and though my red puffy eyes saw Mason with a sympathetic look on his face. I knew he'd already seen the photo, he's practically the king of new news and what's happening in the social world. I never was, most of time I didn't get what all the fuss was about. Like, so what Justin Bieber snapped at some guy for filming his face instead of his dancing. 

Mason's hand soothingly ran through my hair, which reminded me of Joe, which reminded me of the photo, which made me cry harder. 

"Shh, it's okay, it's alright they're just jealous" he whispered, making himself more comfy on my bed and pulling me with him.  

My sobs slowly quietened into a cry and then soon into just a few sniffles. Mason didn't ask me what was wrong once, he didn't tell me to stop crying. He just let me cry and that's why he's the best best friend. I almost forgot about him with all the drama that's been happening in the last couple weeks. 

But I was so glad to have him back, although he never really went anywhere.