Chapter Seventeen

CHLOES POV

I'm currently laying on my be staring at the ceiling, not really thinking, just staring. My phone buzzed and I checked it to find a message from Josh. ( my little brother ) 

From Josh: Where are you?!? I've been waiting for like 30 minutes.

Oh crap I forgot about him, oops. I texted him back. 

To Josh: sorry, I'm on my way now.

I jumped up slid my phone into my pocket, grabbed my car keys, walked outside and hopped into my car, I started the engine and headed towards Josh's school.

It took me about 4 minutes to get there, it wasn't very far. I pulled into the pick up zone in front of the school. Josh was standing on a small patch of grass near a tree. There wasn't very many other kids there, probably cause I was 34 minutes late, hahah.

There was a tall blonde girl standing next to Josh and two twins sitting by a bike rack on the opposite side of the car park.

He saw my car and walked towards me, waving good bye to his 'friend' and getting into the passengers side. "Hey" he said with a smile, he looked genuinely happy too see me. A look which I don't think I'll be getting from Tanya for a little while.

"hey brother" I replied 

"Why were you so late?" he asked

"you want to know the truth?" I half whispered whilst pulling out of the pick up zone and back onto the road. He nodded.

"I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling" I said, trying to sound shameless but failing. 

"oh" he exclaimed furrowing his eyebrows.

"I just had a bit of drama today with a few friends, it's nothing to worry about O just needed some time to think and I kind of got distracted by my thoughts"

"It's okay I understand"

"okay, enough about me, who was that girl you were talking to?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows.

"Just a friend" he responded, trying to be cool but failing. 

"You are a terrible liar, you know that?" I joked.

"Okay fine she's my girl friend but got it's not a big deal okay"

"MY LITTLE BROTHER HAS A GIRL FRIEND, OH MY GOD" I wound down the car window and shouted "MY LITTLE BROTHER HAS A GIRL FRIEND, I REPEAT MY LITTLE BROTER HAS A GIRLFRIEND" I received several weird looks from people who were walking their dogs or were pushing their children in prams but I didn't care my little brother has a girl friend.

Josh looked very annoyed, very, very annoyed. He was blushing like crazy though. I laughed and he shot me a death glare. I put my hands up in surrender before returning them quickly to the wheel.

"what's her name?" I asked

"How old is she?" 

"have you kissed her?" 

I sounded like the girls, when I was talking about Joe. Before all the drama started. 

"UGH, I knew you would do this. Her name is Olivia, she's my age and yes I may have kissed her a few times" he replied to all my questions in one go.

My jaw dropped, he's kissed her? wow I didn't think he would have the guts.

"you kissed her or she kissed you?"

"a bit of both"

"Oh my, what base are you on?"  I asked hoping to hear either first or second. 

"second base" he said immediately.

I relaxed,"good, keep it that way" I respond sternly.

We pulled up into my driveway. we hoped out the car and went inside. Josh threw his bag by the door and then went into the lounge room. My phone buzzed again, I took it out of my pocket and unlocked it.

A message fro Joe.

From Joe: I'll be there in 10? x :)

To Joe: yeah see you xx

Did I have to explain to Joe what happened today? no, I didn't we weren't officially dating.

"I'm just going to get changed" I called out to j=Josh who was probably engrossed in a TV show or a movie. 

"Why" He called back

"Someone's coming over and my outfit is equivalent to a garbage bag at the moment" I replied

I heard him laugh a little. "Alrighty then" He responded.

I ran up the stairs and started to search through some clothes, nothing to dressy but nothing to casual either. Below, a mellow outfit is what I need. 

After searching for a few minutes i finally found a lace crop top and a pair of high waisted,white wash,denim shorts. I put a small amount of mascara and concealer on and ran back down stairs to join Josh on the couch.

"who's coming over" Josh said wiggling his eyebrows the same way I did when I asked him about his girl friend. 

"Do you know who Joe Sugg is?" I asked.

"uhh, yeah youtuber?" He said

"Yeah, well, we went on date a while a few days ago and I invited him over" I replied 

"Omg you mean my sisters has a boyfriend" he said mimicking my reaction from earlier. "no doofus, he hasn't asked me to be his girl friend yet, so be cool alright?" I said locking my eyes with his. 

"Or what?" he asked.

"or you can forget about ever using this house as an escape from your dad's hell hole" I said proud of my come back. 

"Fine" he huffed.

I heard a knock at the door, I got up and walked towards the door and opened it with a smile. I was greeted with a smily Joe. 

"Hey" he said 

"Hi" I replied

"ooh is he here?" I heard Josh call from inside the lounge room, I soon heard his footsteps get louder and louder until his head popped around the wall. I shot a death glare at him the same way he did earlier.

He took the hint, smiled politely and walked off. 

"He's, that's my brother, Josh" I said turning back towards Joe. He smile his gorgeous smile and nodded. "That's who you wanted me to meet right?" he asked. "yeah" I replied.

"come in" I said stepping out the way of the door, he did just that. 

"How's your day been?" he asked, ugh I just wanted to tell him everything but I couldn't, I'm not sure how he would react. 

"pretty good, and yours?" I replied

"Yeah, good met a fair few fans" He smiled.'

"Cool, do you meet many, when your like walking around and stuff?" I asked

"well it kind of depends where I am, but surprisingly there's been quite a few fans down under" he claimed.

"us Aussie like our British youtubers" I joked, he laughed a bit and I showed him the way to the lounge.