Chapter Nine

JOES POV 

"3 years" I told Chloe after she asked me how long I had been making youtube videos, "wow, that's quite a bit of time" She replied. "So it's a full time job?" she asks. "yeah, but I don't really like to think of it as a job" I say, it was true I just got lucky really, I get paid to do something I love and something other people love watching. 

Chloe and I were currently walking along a beach,our arms linked. It was 9 pm at night, but I was far from tired. (because of jet lag and timezones etc) I turned to face her, when I noticed she was shivering, and she had goosebumps. Should I do that romantic thing they do in all the movies where the boy gives the girl her his jacket. yeah, I should, I mean I've never done it before but I don't know where I could go wrong.

I take my arm away from hers and slid off my jacket, I put it over her shoulders and she look up at me and says, "I'm fine, you'll get cold" "You have it, trust me this weather is hot for me, I'm not from around here remember?" I say smiling a toothy smile at her. I really wasn't that cold."Thanks" she says, returning the smile but without showing her teeth. 

"I've had a good time tonight." Chloe claimed. 

"So have I" I beamed. 

"Do you want to come hang out with me tomorrow?" I burst out, not actually realising I was going to say that. I look over to check for any signs of 'what the hell' on her face. But there was none, in fact she was smiling, smiling? Does that mean yes? 

"I would love to,but..." she says. "but?" I say. "I mean are you sure you want me to?"

I sigh, I don't think I could be more sure. but maybe she was feeling a bit awkward and like it was to soon. "I'm sure, but if it's to soon I completely understand" I said, slightly disappointed. "I'm in" she says beaming. Causing me to beam equally as much. "I have training at 5 tomorrow, though" she says.

"oh that's okay, you can stay for lunch though, right?" I said. "hahahahaha, I meant 5 am." She says laughing. "I knew that, I mean yeah cool." I exclaim, trying to cover up my mistake. 

"I can come and pick you up from training if you like?" I say. "what time do you finish?" 

"around 8:30" she says.

 "I'll text you the address" 

"sounds good" I smile.

"I'm sure you'll find me really attractive once I've finished a 8km run" She jokes. "oh, I'm sure you'll look great" I continue. We both burst out laughing. 

...

after quite a long walk on the beach and several conversations about multiple different subjects we got in a taxi and drove back to her place.

"I really enjoyed myself tonight" She remarked. "I'll look forward to tomorrow" 

"I have to, and definitely it should be great." I replied. 

She took the jacket off and gave it back to me. "thanks" I said. she smiled and then embraced me in a hug, I hugged her back. As we pulled away she stopped so there was only a few centimetres between our faces. We stayed there locked in that position for a few seconds before I felt a raindrop on my nose. We pulled away and looked up at the sky, wow, thanks rain you just ruined my chance of getting a kiss. 

"Um, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow though" She says and walks towards her front door. "can't wait" I reply and walk back to the taxi. 

...

I tried to silently enter the hotel room, partly because I wasn't sure if Oli and Caspar were asleep but also because I really didn't want to be asked 20 questions about tonight. I walked over to my bed to find Oli and Caspar both curled up, asleep on it. I sighed and just decided to sleep in Oli's bed. 

I set my alarm for 7:30 and then scrolled through twitter for a while, until a notification popped up signalling I had a text from Chloe. I opened it. 

from chloe; thanks for tonight, I seriously had a great time. The address of the place I train is, -----------, Thanks again and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. :) x

to chloe; No worries love, Cool I'll be there around 8 tomorrow, so I'll see you finish your 8km run ;) x

I smiled, locked my phone and pulled the duvets over me.  

Tonight was perfect, I am a very lucky boy.