Chapter Twenty-Two

CAMERON'S POV

I was just chilling with Nash and Hayes when I got a phone call from Chloe saying she needs to go to the hospital but she has no one to take her. She didn't say what's wrong but I really hope it's nothing to serious. Of course I said I'd take her.

"uh, I've got to go" I said to Nash as I hung up the phone. 

"where?" Nash asked, furrowing  his eyebrows. "uh, a my friend needs someone to take her to the hospital" I replied.

"okay man, is she alright?" He asked, "not to sure" I said grabbing my keys and jacket. "alright well, update me when you can" Nash said waving, "yeah, tell Hayes I said bye" I waved walking out the door.

(a/n: i know the Griers don't live in Australia either, but for the purpose of the book lets just imagine)

I quickly got in my car and started the engine before pulling out of the drive way in one swift movement. I guessed it would probably take around 20 minutes to get there but I took all the short cuts I could think of so I got there in about 10.

I quickly grabbed my phone, slid it in my pocket, ran into the building and out the door at the back. Chloe was sitting on a chair near the long jump pits, doubled over, clearly in pain. 

I walked over to her and placed my hand on the top of her back, she jumped a little and then realised it's just me. 

"what happened?" I asked, bending down so I was eye level with her. "I don't really know, I- I just got this pain in my ribs when I was al-almost done and I c-can we just go?" she said between gasps for air. I nodded and helped her stand up, She slung her arm around my shoulder and we walked towards the exit. 

A lady who I assumed was her coach nodded to me as we were leaving. She was really struggling to walk so I decided to pick her up, she hesitated at first but then gave in. She weighed practically nothing, I guess considering she's an athlete and all, she has to be in good shape.

I put her in the passenger seat of the car and then ran to the drivers side, I quickly started the engine again and we were on our way to hospital. I tried to think of the nearest hospital, but I couldn't.

"Chloe where's the nearest hospital?" I asked, making a sharp left turn. "uh, freo I guess" she said, well tried to say, but I understood. "okay" I said, making another turn.

"it's okay, your alright" I said, trying to be comforting but I'm not to sure it was working, because she just faked a smile and tried to hold back the pain that she was clearly in. I tried to smile, but it's not easy seeing her in this much pain, it's not easy seeing anyone in this much pain. 

It only took about 5 minutes to get to the hospital, I parked quite badly but I didn't really care in that moment of time. I just wanted to get Chloe inside. I quickly got out and opened her door, she swung her arm around my neck again and I picked her up and carried her inside. 

The nurses instantly took action noticing her pain and tear stain checks, They put her in a wheelchair and wheeled her into emergency, I followed close behind. 

"do you know what happened?" a blond nurse asked me, "um, kind of she just said that she was running and she felt a sharp pain in her left rib cage, that's it" 

"can you give me a time?" she persisted

"almost an hour ago" I said although it sounded more like a question, she nodded and then scurried away to do what ever it is that nurses do. Get medicine or something. A bunch or nurses were doing standard tests, stuff they did when I cut my foot.

When they were done Chloe seemed a lot calmer and in less pain, must be the drugs. She smiled at me, yep definitely the drugs. 

"you felling better?" I asked