Chapter One

-edited-

"Hurry up, Mason!" I yell to my best friend as I rushed out the door.

"I'm coming, be patient" he calls back from upstairs. 

He eventually makes his was out to the car, which is a small black and blue jeep with a big scratch on the left hand side. (it's long story) 

"About time" I complain.

 "sorrrrrry" he said snapping his fingers as if he was auditioning for mean girls three.

"argh it's okay I just want my starbucks! " I said with loads of sass. 

After driving for about 15 minutes to the local shopping centre we got out of the car and started fast walking to the doors in front of us. When we got inside we took one look at the elevator and the saw that it wasn't at ground floor so we began sprinting up the stairs as fast as our legs could possibly go.

Until finally we get the second floor. Mason was panting, he looked like his just run a marathon. Me not so much, I'm a professional athlete, have been for about 4 years. Running at the Olympics is my ultimate goal and so far it's looking good, I train every day and eat as healthy as I can, except my die hard passion for starbucks sometimes gets the better of me... 

We entered star bucks and ordered our drinks then we sat down at a table near the window and waited patiently for our beverages to arrive.

"I can't believe you told them your name is Matilda, do you know how stupid your going to look when you go get it" I laughed, he just shrugged and smirked. 

Mason is a tall guy, he's quite tanned and has top-notch teeth, he has chestnut brown hair but he's eyebrows are certainly on fleek. Everyone thinks we're a couple but we've been best friends for years and it won't ever be anything more. Although he is very protective over me, he makes sure that if I'm going on a date the guy is worthy of my time. (it is quite hilarious) 

My name is Chloe Jane Lloyd I am 20 and I live in Fremantle, which is a small town in Western Australia. My ultimate goal is to have an olympic medal to my name. Sadly my mum passed away a few years ago due to cancer, as for my dad I'm not to sure of his where about's lets just say he wasn't the greatest. I have 1 brother and 2 sisters but I only talk to my brother because of previous events that I feel now isn't the right time to talk about. 

A/N: Sorry this chapter's so short, the chapters will get longer and better as it goes on. x