Chapter Thirty-Six

A/N: okay, I know I said I wasn't going to update for a few weeks, but change of plan we couldn't go camping cause our car broke. :( but oh well.

JOES POV

It's been a week and I was meant to be leaving tomorrow, but I couldn't leave Chloe like this. Caspar and Oli knew and understood, they were okay with it. 

As I entered the room which almost felt like a temporary home the familiar smells of fresh paint and hand sanitiser filled my nose. Chloe was in her usual sleeping position, her head was on the bed and her back was arched up. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable that must be. 

I walked over to her and placed a hand on her back, she shot up and looked at me. Her eyes were so incredibly bloodshot, there was literal bags visible underneath her eyes, her face was pale and her lips were cracked and dry. Yet she still managed to look like the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

"Joe" she whispered and smiled sadly, "I'm here it's okay" I said picking her up by the waist and pulling her into me like I do. She felt even lighter than I remembered, she was too light. I wouldn't be surprised if she weighed less than 70. 

"Chloe?" I spoke into her hair 

"mm" she answered

"when was the last time you ate something, like really ate something?" 

"I- uh I- oh I'm not sure" she admitted.

She pulled her head back so she was looking deeply into my eyes, She didn't deserve this, I wish there was something I could do.

All of a sudden the sound of groaning came from next to us, Chloe's head snapped around to her brother. He was awake, his eyes slowly opened and he slowly took in his surroundings. 

"C-c-chloe" he mumbled, I placed Chloe down on her feet, she quickly ran over to Josh her eyes already filled with tears.

"Josh, Josh I'm here, I'm here" she whispered, her voice broke several times. She placed her hands over his and squeezed it tight. 

A doctor came running through the doors, a smile took over his face when he saw Josh was awake. 

"I missed you buddy" Chloe chocked.

I smiled, the biggest smile I've smiled in a while. When the people around you are suffering you tend to suffer as well, especially when you love those people. I can confidently say I love Chloe. I love her. She is everything I like in a women and more. She truly doesn't know how beautiful she is, not only her physical features. Her personality matches her perfect looks perfectly. I can't wait to grow old with her, get married to her, have children with her, and live with her for the rest of my life.

I walked up behind her and placed my hands on her shoulders, she was smiling, smiling the smile that I missed for what felt like years but really was only days. 

Josh was smiling, the doctor was smiling, I was smiling, my princess was smiling. I just prayed that it could stay like this for a while. 

The doctor checked Josh's heart rate and things like that while Josh, Chloe and I all talked. We were catching Josh up on the stuff that's been happening, it wasn't much but I could tell Chloe was just enjoying talking to him again.

She pulled out her phone and called Mason. She put the phone next to Josh's head and pressed the loud speaker button. 

"Hello" Mason's tired voice echoed down the phone, she pointed at Josh signalling for him to answer, "hello Mason is your refrigerator running right now?" Josh joked, he looked so happy, finally filled with life, which he has been lacking lately.

"JOSH!" 

"what you're awake? oh my god! hi bud!" Mason rambled, he was clearly excited, "I'm on my way" he said, the sound of feet shuffling and keys rattling boomed through the phone. 

Josh and Chloe laughed at his reaction, "see you soon then" Chloe said grabbing the phone and ending the phone call.

Chloe and Mason continue to talk for a bit before Mason burst through the doors in sweat pants and a plain black tank top, his hair was like a mop on the top of his head and he had the same visible bags under his eyes as Chloe. 

He rushed over to Josh and embraced him in a hug, Josh smiled and then swatted him away, some what embarrassed.

"Oh man, you have no idea how glad I was to hear you voice, it feels like months since I've heard your little boy-turning-man voice" Mason laughed followed by every else in the room including the doctor who was just checking the last of the monitor results.

"how are you feeling?" he asked, eagerly

"you know what? not to bad considering" he laughed

I turned to look at Chloe while the two boys continued to talk, her eyes were teary. She noticed me looking at her and a blush rose to her cheeks, she's so cute when she blushes.

"what are you looking at" she whispered so Josh and Mason wouldn't be interrupted, "oh you know just the prettiest girl in the world" I shrugged, mentally laughing at my corny attempt. 

Her face became redder and she smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen come from her, she walked over to me and sat on my lap. She pressed her lips against mine, only then did I realise how much I missed the feeling of her lips on mine.

We haven't really been more intimate than hugging since the day it happened, so it was no wonder I missed the feeling.

About thirty seconds into the kiss, we pulled away due to the forced sound of an awkward cough. 

We looked over to Mason and Josh who were both looking at us, trying not to laugh. Chloe looked embarrassed but I just brushed it off, well tried to. 

"hello, I just woke up from a coma and you two are making out in my presence" Josh joked, we all laughed. 

Then the mood dimmed, "Where's Liv?" He asked still smiling, but unfortunately not for long. He saw all our facial expressions drop and be replaced by sad/pitiful ones. 

"She wasn't so lucky mate" Mason said softly, Chloe eyes pressed closed and I saw her take a deep breath in. She was clearly trying to hold back tears. I grabbed and squeezed her hand, to reassure her.

I can't even imagine loosing my sister, I don't know what I would do, I really don't..