Chapter Twenty-One

JOES POV

Chloe and I are currently waiting for our breakfast to arrive at our table. We haven't been waiting that long but I'm hungry and impatient, so you could say i'm a little bit restless. Chloe looks good today, she's rocking the whole band/grunge thing even though we all know her personality doesn't match. 

"you know, as much as I love the grunge thing your going for, it doesn't really match your personality" I decided to tell her.

"oh, really you don't think I could be badass?" she responded

"hmmm, I think you could but you chose not to" I said back, it was true. she probably could be a punk, but she chooses not to be because she likes living and she just wasn't brought up that way. Well, that's my guess. I know she doesn't have a lot of family around her now but I'm guessing her mother brought her up pretty well, I don't know. I'll ask her later. 

"Yeah I think your right" she replied, leaning back in her seat.

"so what degrees does it get to in summer in the UK?" she changed the topic, hmm, I wonder why?  She's never really changed the topic like that before. Was it something I said? I chose to ignore it.

"um usually about 25? maybe 28 if we're lucky" I replied. (a/n: I actually don't know, so don't judge) 

"really?" she asked sitting up straight again.

"yeah, is that a surprise" I asked

"I mean, kinda that's so cold for us, if it was 25 here, everyone would be wearing jumpers and trackies"

"trackies?" I asked, what the hell are trackies?

"track pants" she said furrowing her eyebrows. Ohh right, of course, Aussie slang. I have to get the hang of it. Maybe I should google it? or is that to much?

"oh, I knew that, well I didn't but you know I'm not Aussie, so I-" I started rambling, 

I think she got it in the first sentence Joe. My subconscious said, it was right.

She just laughed and turned her head towards the waiter who was approaching our table with the meals we ordered. "Finally" I whispered as the waiter was placing the food on the table. 

"sorry for the wait" the waiter said, looking at Chloe directly. "oh, it's okay" she said

"Oh, it's not a pretty lady like you shouldn't have to put up with bad service like that" he winked, HE WINKED? wtf does he think he's doing, I'm sitting right here. 

"oh no, really mate it's fine me and my girlfriend don't mind at all" I said emphasising the word girlfriend dramatically. He looked rather taken back, what the hell? why was he taken back he must be an idiot.

Chloe coughed a little, a forced, awkward cough. The waiter took that as a sign to leave, he turned on his heels but not before flashing Chloe a smirk, oh my god some people just don't know when to stop. 

"wow, he was a creep" Chloe said, I relaxed in my chair a little knowing she wasn't into that at all. 

"tell me about it, you'd think he would've taken the first hint and then left, apparently not" I added. She just nodded and picked up her spoon, She ordered some sort of greek yoghurt thing, I got bacon and eggs. 

"you know your eating a dead animal" she blurted while I was half way through stuffing my face with bacon. I chocked a little not sure if it was on my food or her words? 

"where did that come from?" I asked swallowing my mouth full

"uh, sorry it's just I'm vegetarian and I just have a habit or saying those sorts of things, that was quite rude of me" she said with an awkward smile. "it's all good" I replied with a smile. I didn't know she is vegetarian, now I just feel awkward.