Chapter Twenty-Six

CHLOES POV

I walked into the restaurant where I was meeting Joe, Caspar and Oli. There was fairy lights hung up on every wall, very tumblr. There were around about 20 small to large wooden tables, with different coloured, rustic chairs and serval cliche quotes around the room on blackboards.

I saw all three boys sitting at a table on the far side of the room. Joe had his vlogging camera out and Caspar was pulling faces, as for Oli he was just laughing. I decided to wait until he put his camera away to walk over. So I just kind of stood awkwardly waiting for him to turn his camera off.

A tall figure approached me, I decided to ignore it. He was probably just walking past, at least that's what I told myself. I couldn't fight off the feeling that he was coming right towards me though. 

How long does it take Joe to vlog? 

The tall figure stopped directly in front of me, I looked up to see if I recognised the face and I did. It was Owen, great. Why? I just wanted one night without drama. It's like curse of the exes. (that should be a tv show, hahaha)

"fancy seeing you here" he said in his low creepy voice, that I can't believe I once found attractive. 

"move" I said sharply, with some sort of new found confidence. He smirked as if to say 'what would make you think I'd do that' 

I coughed a little to clear my throat, "I said move" 

"no, I like it here" he said and moved his hands to my waist, I quickly reacted and took a step back. 

"Chloe, you used to love it when I did that" he said his voice slightly louder than before and drawing some attention, but not Joe's.

"used to" I emphasised. Again he just smirked, ugh how does he think this is okay?

"Chloe, come with me" he said holding out his hand. "No I like it here" I spat, copying his previous words. 

"it wasn't a question" he replied in a calm voice. 

"I guess I answered anyway" (< mean girls 2 reference *smirk face emoji*)

He laughed and then took a step towards me, I felt my heart rate go up, I could feel it pumping in my chest. He reached out his arms and picked me up, I tried to fight but it was no use. He's to big and far to strong. So I decided to call out for Joe, I don't even care if he's still vlogging.

"JOE" I screamed, and it got everyone's attention, including Joe's this time. He quickly got out of his seat and ran towards me without hesitation, followed closely by Oli and Caspar. 

Owen stopped and turned around to face Joe.

'please don't hit him again'  my subconscious said over and over.

"put me down" I demanded Owen.

He did nothing.

"you heard her, put her down" Joe said. 

"I don't want to" Owen replied.

By now everyone is the restaurant had their full attention on us. Including the staff. 

"please just put me down Owen" I said, much more vulnerable this time. Tears already streaming down my face.

"as you wish" he said and then dropped me.

My back slammed against the hard floor, followed by my head. I caught a last few images of Joe rushing to my side and Owen walking out the door. And then everything was black, 

but not for long because I woke up in the same place just in Joe's warm arms rather than on the cold floor.

"Chloe I'm going to call an ambulance, okay?" he said

"no!" I shouted as loudly as I could. "no, please just take me home, I'm okay" I said quieter this time, looking directly into Joe's captivating eyes. Mine were still flooded by tears. 

"Chloe I hav-" 

"no, Joe you don't have to please, please don't" I pleaded, it seemed to get through to him.

"okay, well at least let me take you back to my hotel, I'm not leaving you alone" He reasoned.

"okay" I replied and then relaxed in his arms as he picked me up. Oli went back over to the table and collected their things.

Caspar held the door as Joe carried me to the taxi that they ordered earlier.

"what about my car?" I asked Joe

"their going to look after it until you can come get it" he replied, I nodded.

he put me in the car and then ran around to the other side to get in next to me. Oli got in the front and Caspar was on  the other side of Joe. 

I rested my head Joe's shoulder, while he had his arm around mine.

"sorry I ruined your night" I mumbled into his shirt, but he got it. He took his arm from me and I sat up to look him in the eye.

"it wasn't your fault"

"but it was, if I hadn-" I started but Joe cut me off "Chloe, it's not your fault end of story" He said and then pulled me closer to him by the waist. I didn't bother arguing, even though I still do feel at fault for everything.

When we were back at the hotel, Joe instead that he carry me. So Joe walked inside, me in his arms and Caspar and Oli next to us. 

We got in the elevator, I looked at Joe as if to say 'are you kidding me' but he brushed it off and laughed, "Chloe you weigh practically nothing but I'm not carrying you up two flights of stairs" he said, replying to my look. I shrugged, "you'd wanna hope we don't get stuck" I replied

 "again" he added with a smirk. 

A/N: go check out loving_youtube 's Joe fan fix, its rad ;) 

comments, vote and whatever xxx 

love you guys :))