Chapter Thirteen

a/n: i know the picture on the side bar has nothing to do with Joe and/or this story but I felt like i needed to add it somewhere. I love Zoe and Louise and their weught hasn't stopped either of them from doing anything. So know that no matter how much you weigh, you can achieve what ever you out your mind too. xx

JOES POV

"None of this is your fault, Chloe" I said to her. It was true, I don't blame her at all, she tried to step in and she was the one that pulled me away from him. If anything I should be thanking her not her apologising to me. 

She sighed. I could tell she didn't believe me, I grabbed her hand and squeezed it tight, and gave her a recurring half smile (because that's all I could manage.) She looked up at me her eyes were big, I could tell she was fighting tears. I didn't like it, seeing her like that. This Owen guy and her must have had a pretty bad past. 

As I turned my head away from hers I heard the curtains open. Caspar and Oli. I felt Chloe's grip loosen  but I quickly tightened it so she knew I was alright with them seeing. 

"What happened buddy?" Caspar said. I looked over to Chloe who had her head facing the ground. Caspar and Oli moved further towards us, until they were standing next to me. 

"just had a run into a douche bag" I assured Caspar, I mean it's not like I lied. I just did't give any details. oh well. 

"all right, is it anything serious?" Oli asked? 

"Nah, I don't think so, haven't seen the doctor yet but I really don't think it'll be that bad, worst case scenario is a broken jaw" 

I noticed Oli didn't know Chloe and Caspar had briefly met her, but nothing official. "Uh, this is Chloe" I awkwardly said. "Chloe, Oli, Oli, Chloe" She looked up and gave a weak smile, Oli returned with a much more confident smile and a nod. "Caspar you've met Chloe?" I asked although obviously I already knew the answer. "yeah briefly" Caspar replied. 

...

We were on our way to drop Chloe off in a taxi. Nothing serious with my jaw just a bit bruised and it would probably hurt for a fair while. But I didn't regret anything, I stood up for Chloe and I stand by my actions. I'm fine anyway, I hope she doesn't blame herself. 

The taxi pulled up in her drive way and she uncoupled her seatbelt, she reached for her bag and then her purse she pulled out some money and handed it to the driver, she then reached for the door handle. I grabbed her arm, she turned and faced me. "This isn't your fault" I whispered so Caspar couldn't hear me. She nodded and gave me a sad smile, "I'll text you" I said. She pulled me into a firm hug before getting out of the car and walking into her house.

Today was fun, I just wish it would've ended differently. 

We drove back to the hotel and paid the driver. "What really happened Joe?" Oil asked as we headed towards our room. "Uhh, We had a run in with one of Chloe's ex's, he was being a dick so I stepped in" I replied. Caspar and Oli nodded. We went into our shared room and then got ready for bed. 

I sat down on the couch in the living area of the room and took out my phone. I decided to text Chloe.

J: Hey I had a good time today, wish it would've ended differently though.xx :) 

C: Yeah so did I, and I'm sorry again. x

J:  It wasn't your fault, I should be thanking you for getting me out of there. x

C: no you shouldn't be, it was the least I could do. xx

J: well, okay. I'll text you in the morning. Sweet dreams. x :)

C:  Night. xx

Well, I guess that was successful, I don't know. Girls are bloody complicated.