Chapter Eight

CHLOES POV

 I'm currently sat in a taxi getting to know Joe, so far I know that he has one sister, Zoe. He has just hit 5 million  subscribers on youtube. He hates loom bands. He lives in the UK with another youtuber called Caspar Lee who was the person who got us out of the elevator.

 " I also hate frozen, by the way" he says. I'm taken back by this, how could someone not like frozen. 

"ARE YOU KIDDING?" I say ( way to loudly) He jumps a bit and I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. "sorry" I say and start to laugh until my face hurts. He joins in laughing and I forget about the whole frozen thing from a few moments ago. Until he brings it up again. 

"All the good songs are in the first 15 minutes of the film, and then it's just boring" 

"I can't believe that you just said that!" I say shaking my head. " I don't know if this is going to work out" I joke. He takes it the wrong way, he grins and says "what do you mean by this?" he says looking   slightly nervous. 

"I u-uhh I mean what ever this is going to lead to I guess, um sorry. I uh don't know why I said that. You're just following tradition right, haha silly me." I laugh in literally the most awkward and weirdest way possible. What was wrong with me, I always did this. stupid, stupid, stupid me.

"No, no it's fine. You know the tradition thing was a joke and I just wanted to take you out because I think this could be something. So far I think you're pretty cool." He said, clearly nervous. 

"Oh okay, I just made things quite awkward didn't I?" I ask hoping he wouldn't answer that. "No, it was cute." He exclaims. I can feel heat rising in my face and I know I'm already blushing, so there's no point in trying to hide it. He looks over at me and our eyes lock for a split second before he looks down at his fingers and I notice he's twidling with his thumbs. 

This was just a standard thing that obviously insinuated that he was nervous, but he just looked so cute. It was also something I did when i was nervous, I'd always done it. since I was a child but seeing someone else doing it was cute? I'm not sure why I thought that but I did.

The taxi stopped pulling me out of my thoughts. We were outside a fancy restaurant that was called 'River Bank Estate' It was big and I couldn't see much of what was inside but I could see some pretty lights on the front window and a small sign on the door that said "welcome" It was you're average fancy restaurant, And I actually recall driving past it on the way to training once when the normal road we took was blocked due to construction. I remember thinking it would be a nice pace for a first date, so I was a little weirded out.

I shook the feeing off and went to turn to Joe but I realised he was all ready out the car and he was paying the taxi driver, i got out and offered to help pay but he declined and said the whole night was 'his shout' 

The taxi drove off and Joe and  were left standing out the front of the restaurant, He put his arm out as a gesture to link it with mine. I accepted and linked my arm with his, he smiled and we walked in. 

The restaurant was really fancy. It had chandeliers and roses in glass vases on every table. Joe and I walked over to the sign that said 'Please wait to be seated' and a tall,blond haired women approached us, she looked about in her mid 30's. "A table for two?" she asked Joe nodded politely and she showed us to a table in the left corner of the restaurant.  

"Can i get you two anything to drink?" The waitress asked. "Um I'll just have a water, thanks." "I'll have a coke" Joe said. She nodded and walked away. 

"Fancy restaurant" I said, trying to break the awkwardness between Joe and I. "Yeah, I hope it meets the athletes standards" He laughed. "Oh please, an athletes standard is anywhere where the sell some sort of quinoa dish and I'm guessing based on what I've seen on this place so far, they probably have more than one quinoa dish." He laughed. "You remind me of my friends Marcus and Niomi, they're you tubers as well but they are health freaks." 

"I can't think of anyone that you remind me of." I said. It was true, I'd never met anyone like Joe before. "should I take that as a compliment." He asks, raising one eyebrow. "Definitely, I like unique" I smiled. He smiled back. And the waitress came back with a glass of water and a glass of coke.

We both thanked the waitress and she walked away, saying she would be back to get our order. With that we picked up the menu, and looked through until ew both found what we wanted. I just went with a  quinoa salad dish and Joe ordered a steak dish. 

"So, I know this probably isn't you're ideal conversation to have. especially not with some one you hardly know,  but you're anxiety, what's the deal with that?" Joe  asks, he's right it's not my first choice of a convo, but I feel almost obliged to tell him considering what happened in the elevator.

"Um, okay. I've had Anxiety since I was 12, I always get panic attacks like the one I had today, only today's one wasn't so bad. I've had them pretty severe to the point where I need ambulances and hospital and a whole bunch of people telling me that I should just relax and why am I so weird, why can't I just control myself, But yeah thanks again for helping me out today and say thanks to Zoe for me, even though she has no idea who I am, she helped me by helping you" I replied, realising how much I said and expecting Joe to be completely bored and not paying attention at all, but to my surprise he looked rather interested and as if he actually cared about my anxiety story. Which no one has ever really listened to. 

"wow, that's a lot to have to go through. and of course I'll let Zoe know. She has anxiety to, not sure if it quite like that but I know she has had some pretty rough experiences with it. 

"Anxiety isn't really some thing I would compare. It just sucks having it." "Yeah I agree" He says nodding his head.

The waitress comes over with our food and I'm amused when she says to Joe, "My daughter is a big fan, and she'd freak out if I didn't seize this opportunity do you mind signing this for her" and she handed joe a piece of paper and a pen. "yeah no worries" he said, and signed the paper. "thank you so much, I'm sorry for interrupting." she says. "don't worry about it" he says, and she smiles politely again and leaves. 

"ahahaha, that was something. do you get that a lot?" I ask him, genuinely curios. "Uh, yeah but everyone's always really nice" he says and then starts to eat his meal. 

...

"Can I get you the desert menu?" the waitress asks. "Oh, no that's fine. just the bill please." Joe replies. She nods and goes to get the bill. Joe pays even after I once again offered to at least split the bill. but he insists, since it's our fist date, He has to pay. 

"Um, so I was thinking a walk on the beach" he says. "that sounds good to me" I reply and we link arms again and walk outside to the near by beach. 

A/N: Yay for a longer chapter, I hoped you guys enjoyed it. Hopefully there will be more like this to come. This chapter is actually my favourite so far. I realised I haven't actually asked for you to vote, so if you are reading this and some what have enjoyed it even the slightest so far it would be awesome if you could vote and if you want leave a comment suggesting things for the future of the story, such as 2nd date ideas, or drama ideas? hahaha thank you for reading, it means a lot. :) xx