67: Rest In Peace

Assalam-o-Alaikum !

Here is the last wala update guys:(

I won't say more coz I have already wept enough.....

Just remember one thing....not every story has a happy ending and not every happy ending is all about LIVING. Sometimes all you need is a peaceful death....sometimes all you need is to let go.

CHAPTER: 67: REST IN PEACE

Kash maut ko bhi maut aa sakti.....kash usey mehsoos ho sakta k jin ko wo apne sath le jati hea, un k bagher zameen waley kesey jeetey hen; sans letey hen per zindagi nai hoti, dil seeney mein maujood hotey hen mager dherkan ghayab rehti hea.

Kash hum jane walon k sath he ja saktey.....

Kash.....

Kash maut ko bhi maut aa sakti...

Sitting over the prayer mat, I silently let the tears roll down to my cheeks to my neck to my heart. Heer was in the operation theater for last half hour and she took my peace, my heart, my soul along with her.

Raising my hands for du'a I just stared down at my palms, those lines slowly fading in front of my eyes, those lines in which He Himself wrote Heer's name and now He is snatching her from me. Why?

Tu ne he to us ka hath merey hath mein thamaya tha Ya Allah! Phir q cheen raha hea usey mujhe se?

My fingers were trembling, tears falling down into my palms. No mater how hard I tried to pray but nothing could come out from my lips; nothing could come out of that shattered heart.

For long I just kept sitting on the prayer mat in Ayesha's room in the hospital, leaning with the table at my back, silently crying for the fears had surrounded me like a child afraid of falling down, like a child afraid of loosing the most precious toy he has.

Same was me at the moment I was afraid of loosing the most precious thing in my life, my whole world, my wife.

Slowly I wiped my face with my hands and got up, my back was hurting from all the sleepless nights and hectic days for past few months, my eyes itching and face....looking at my own reflection my own eyes could get betrayed.

Folding the prayer mat I placed it on the table when my gaze landed on a frame placed on the table, it was Ayesha smiling broadly, her arm was snaking into somebody's neck but on the person's picture she had pasted Heer's.

My hands reached for the frame unknowingly and I picked it up, Heer's picture was pushed into the frame, I turned the frame and pulled out her picture, turning it around I found Ayesha standing with her arm snaked into a girl's neck, she resembled her a lot; same eyes, same warm smile.

Who was she? And why did Ayesha pasted Heer's picture over hers?

I shook the thoughts away as I felt a little bad for intruding into her stuff without her permission.

My fingers caressed Heer's face in the picture, that smile so powerful yet so painful. I brought the picture to my lips and kissed it before pushing it back into place.

Turning around I walked towards the door when it flung open and I came face to face with her horrified, panicked face.

My heart stopped beating inside my chest as I saw her eyes moistened.

Ayesha's pov

After injecting in her spinal cord, we waited for a few minutes before her operation. We had to see if the anesthesia wasn't reacting, we couldn't numb her senses so rather stick to her lower half where her senses were completely working, she could talk and listen and react to things happening around her.