52: Date Pe Chalo Gi???

Assalam-o-alaikum :)

Here is the update...quite late in night, so all the owls like ME will love it for sure ;)

Happy reading <3

Chapter 52: DATE PE CHALO GI???

HEER'S POV

"Mrs Arsalan! This is an...

"Shehryar.... It's Mrs Shehryar" I cut him through and he gave me apologetic look.

"Am sorry" he stated.

"So Mrs Shehryar! It is an arteriovenous malformation" he told me in a matter of fact kind of a way, as if it was the most casual and normal thing anyone would have told me, I stared his face blankly.

"I understand you being not aware with the terms" he added. "it is a vascular kind of brain lesion, but right now just by looking at your MRI, I can not help you with any more details, you have to go through certain scans and X-rays"

"I don't want details doctor! I just... want to know something' I stated, keeping my tone normal and my heartbeats in control.

"Go ahead"

I gulped the lump in my throat trying to come up with some voice. "How much time do I have?" 

I asked, searching his face for my answer as he remained quiet and after exhaling he kept his hands on the table between us and rolled his tongue over his lips.

Maybe I got my answer already.

"what is your name?....if you don't mind me asking?" he asked.

"Heer" I told him.

"Look Heer! brain lesions vary from type to type and person to person, according to this MRI you have this disease but where? We don't know" he said and I remained quiet. "our brain has different parts, different lobes doing different functions so for example...." He turned a little in his revolving chair and pressed a button; a small screen at his back wall lit up and there I came face to face with a human's brain image.

"This is Heer! Frontal lobe of our brain" he pointed towards a part of the image. "If this part has been affected by the disease, it affects directly to the personality; anger, tolerance, mood switches...all of this is badly ruined" he explained, I just blinked my eyes, looking between him and the screen.

"So without the scans and X-rays am afraid I won't be able to answer your question, this would be pre-timely"

"Whatever you have told me, the entire fainting thing and the headaches you are having are the sign of AVM, I mean artriovenous malformation" he stated moving back, closer to the table. "But lets just have the scans and only then I will give you the details" he added and I nodded my head, he started writing down something.

My heartbeats were fast, I didn't even inform Shehryar before coming here to see a doctor and I think I was right I just didn't want to bother him for anything.

The doctor handed me the paper and I looked down at it a few X-rays and scans were prescribed, I felt sweat beads appearing over my forehead, as I looked to my left at Rehmat's face she was carelessly playing with a little doll in her stroller, oblivious to what I was going through.

"MahsaAllah your daughter is such a doll" my gaze shifted to him and found him looking at Rehmat with love and affection.

Dragging the chair a little back I got up.

"And Heer!...." He hesitated for a moment as I looked at him. "It would be better if you bring your husband along next time you visit me" he instructed and I gulped down.