55: A Promise

Assalam-o-alaikum !

here is the update guys :)

Alert!!! toooo short it is :( but something is better than nothing, right? ;)

Happy Reading <3

CHAPTER 55: A PROMISE

"Wha-whattt?" I felt I heard completely wrong, whatever she said felt like a joke to my ears, but those tears in her eyes....

"If this is again a joke Heer? I swear I will kil....

"Am sick Shehryar! Hum bemaar hen, Can't you see? AM SICK" her hands were grabbing my collars as she tried to jerk me back to senses, but her grip was faint and she was too weak.

"Waqt nai hea hamarey pas, hu-hum nai..hum nai ja saktey apk sath" her face soaking in tears as I stared her blankly and she hiccuped.

My grip over her arms went loose and she fell down over her knees, breaking into a painful sob in front of me while I just stood there like a stone statue; cold and numb, with no feelings or power to think at all.

Bemaar hai? Per....?

"Heer? Heer! look at me...." I scooted down over my knees in front of her and held her wrists, she was crying hiding her face in her palms.

"Heer! dekho meri taraf, batao mujhey kia hua hea tumhen?" she shook her head as I tried to pull her hands back, my heart had started to panic even more.

"Heer! please!" I literally pleaded holding onto her face from both sides, her body was shaking, she slowly pulled her hands down from her face but her gaze was still lowered and her face all wet. I wiped her cheeks with my palms before cupping her face in them and pulled it up.

"Please stop crying Heer! I can't see you like this, please!" my voice was breaking, and my heart clenched hard inside my chest as her wet moistened eyelashes rose up and met my gaze, I searched her eyes, for a moment I went completely out of words.

She was panting hard out of all that crying, she slowly raised her hands and held my writs with those trembling fingers...and pulled my hands down from her face, though she didn't let them go rather held them tight keeping them over her thighs.

"You were right Shehryar! Dama-damagh kharab ho gaya hea hamara poori terha se" she was still in hiccups and I frowned, not getting her riddles.

"Heer! stop playing with words and tell me what is wrong damn it!"

"Everything is wrong" words came out into a whisper as she shook her head, increasing the frustration inside me.

"You came in my life. Wrong"

"you showed me a new hope for life, for happiness for...for love. Wrong" tears rolled down her cheeks as she stated.

"and the moment when I started feeling that even I can be happy, even I can be loved and cared, even I have the right to live...I realised I don't have time for any of this Shehryar!" she shook her head, her eyes boring into mine pain drooling down along with tears.

"You have every right to stay happy and live your life the way you want Heer! stop thinking like this" I stated firmly, though someone inside me was uncertain about every word of it. "Just tell me what is wrong" I looked deep in her eyes asking again.

"Humein Brain Lesion hea Shehryar!" she stated and my mouth went perched, my throat full of thorns I couldn't even utter a single word, just kept staring her face blankly.

"Doctor said that I.... I have chances of...."she took a pause as her gaze lowered, my heart was throbbing inside my chest and I pulled my hands out from her grip and held her arms firm.