9: Stabs Of Pain

hello guys :) here is the update, read, vote and comment ;)

happy reading <3

CHAPTER 9: STABS OF PAIN

"Not now but most probably later this year we will be doing few projects in Pakistan with a private TV channel" She kept on briefing me as we came out of her office.

"Projects as in dramas?" I asked as we walked towards the studio, she was about to show me.

It was a huge production house indeed, I was underestimating things earlier but they were quite clear once I stepped inside this whole new world of Film and Media; we discussed about the current projects 3L was dealing and the new upcoming ones in which I was going to be a part of their direction team as well.

"Yes, we are working on 3 new serials; two entirely in Pakistan and one starting here in US and the later part will be shooting up in Pakistan." Tahira Wasti was a serious looking, composed personality I was even wrong about her... she was not surriel or saroo bus thori sathiyaa si gai thi bechari, but that's okay with the type of work and the number of employees she was handling alone here in the US office.

"here I would like you to direct few of the adds that we are about to work on" Tahira told me, we entered in the studio and Tahira lead me the way to the director's office.

"Ads? Why not a drama or something? I mean....

"Khurram had already briefed me about your abilities but that should definitely be not the reason of your hiring" she halted in her track as she cut me in the middle. "I hire people only on their own show of ability" she added firmly. "It's not that I have doubts on yours but still Shehryaar you have to prove your self first" She said and I smiled giving a soft nod.

"That won't be an issue, for sure" I said smiling and she smiled back.

"I hope so" she said and we entered in the office.

Looking around at the interior I literally went speechless for a while; it was a composed cosy room with beautiful wooden interior, I could see original reels of different serial stacked in one of the shelves those had the honour of being produced and directed by 3L.

"We have a list of directors Shehryaar! Old ones who already know the work...and new ones who are growing with us" She said while slowly going through the files piled up on the table.

"You will be working on these two projects currently we are having at hand" She extended a sleek looking brown file and I held it in my hand.

I was about to open the file when the door got knocked and both of us turned to look at the direction, before even Tahira could respond, a smiling face popped in and Tahira sighed deep looking at him while my eyes almost popped out finding him there...

"Apa! Do you know...Melbourne's traffic, it just sucks" he chirped entering in, as he shut the door at his back and Tahira kept on staring him with her eyebrow raised and the specs now hanging down with the chain she was wearing around her neck.

"Am sorry!" he pouted as he came near her and she shook her head disapprovingly.

"Sarmad you were supposed to be here at 11 in the morning, mein ne tumhari waja se producer ko rok ker rakh hua th and look at yourself... late as always." Tahira showed him her wrist watch tapping on the glass and he touched his ear lobes as an apology.

"I had to come here from Brooklyn, it's long journey" Sarmad said making a puppy dog face.

"He has come all the way from New York too Sarmad" Tahira pointed at me and Sarmad raised his eye brow looking at my direction. "So stop making cliché excuses" Tahira added.