35: Teri Meri Kahani

Assalam-o-alaikum!

Really long time and no see :( I missed you all a lot.

And m really sorry for not replying and updating.... I should definitely hold my ears now. ;)

The reason behind my uninformed absence was that I had terrible terrible migraine attacks in past two weeks, that ended me up in a hospital wing :/ and my doctor strictly forbade me to use laptop, mobile phone and even my softboard in school :(

So yeah! my father is like monitoring me 24/7 :-p

I just need prayers, well we all do :) but seriously I need them so that I can complete TCTMH without getting into any mental trouble ;) :-p

Am not sure what I have written :-p so um...avoid mistakes and errors if you find any ;) :*

Happy reading <3

CHAPTER 35: TERI MERI KAHANI

MAHRUKH'S POV

"No, I guess we should change the red flowers and hand yellow instead, what do you think?" Maheen asked Hussain, looking at the arrangement. He rubbed his chin for a moment and then looked closely at the floral fringes hanging with the wooden brim of the canopy.

"Yar! I think we should mix up both of them, look!" Hussain held a yellow fringe in between the two red ones and showed it to Maheen. "How about this?" He asked and she smiled approvingly, Hussain smiled back as he gave her a high five and both of them started arranging the flowers once again.

"barey koi aqalmand nai ho gaye tum?" Maheen stated raising her eyebrow, as she stood up on the ladder and Hussain handed her a long yellow fringe of fresh flowers while keeping the ladder firm on the grass with his other hand.

"Mein paidasihi aqalmand hoon madam!" Hussain boasted and Maheen chuckled.

I stood there in the balcony of Hussain's apartment looking down at the huge lawn in which they were arranging the ceremony, for long I just kept on staring down at them, their excited faces and the happiness...for me.

All this was just so dreamy, something I had never imagined in my life, something which always looked far from my reach; such love and affection and these friends.

Sab khuwab sa lag raha tha, jesey ankh khulney wali ho, jesey ye sab haqeeqat mein ho he na sakta ho.

"Mahrukh beta!" I was lost in my thoughts when Shaista aunty called me softly and I looked at my left wiping the moisture from my eyes hurriedly. She came and stood near me looking at my face with concern and love, I tried to pass a smile as she searched my face.

"Tum theek ho?" She asked and I nodded my head. "Kia soch rahi ho?" She asked adding in concern and I looked down at my hands.

"Ap sab log itna kuch ker rahe hen merey liye, apne sagey Maa Baap nai ker paye ye sab to" I said lowly and she remained quiet. "Mujhey kabhi kabhi lagta hea mein pata nai is sab k qabil hoon bhi ya... nai" I added and Aunty stepped forward as she took hold of my hands, cold and numb.

"kehtey hen daney daney per likha hea khaney waley ka nam" Aunty said softly and I looked up at her face. "Jis ki qismat mein jo hea, jitna hea wo usey mil ker he rehta hea Mahrukh beta! hum kia or hamari aukaat kia...Allah kerta hea sab, hum nai" She assured me and I just blinked my eyes as they watered up.

"Allah ne khushiyan likh di hen tumharey naseeb mein to wo mil ker he rahen gi...hum to bus waseela hen beta!" she patted over the back of my hand and I smiled.