Ëthia: Chapter 12 ~Promises~

Start from the beginning

Two.

It'll be fine, it has to be.

Three.

Opening my eyes I see that there is what looks like hundreds of people looking at me, they are all so different I immediately notice. I see dark skin, light skin and medium toned skin, I see eyes of all colors, blue, green, brown, orange, light purple, and even someone with silver eyes.

I look down to see what exactly they are all standing on, and they are standing on what looks like wooden boards, it's as if they had put a floor down here all on their own.

My mind can't help it, but I get curious, I look up and see many homes that are built into the tree, some homes that are made out of leaves. I see stairs, what seemed like wooden roads, carts to push and pull around, and anything you would basically find in a normal village.

This place that they have here, it's a hidden village, a village that seems fully functional and thriving with life.

"Excuse me"

I turn my head to see that a very handsome light skinned man is standing there reaching his hand out towards me, I hesitate to grab it but eventually do. His hands are so soft, so smooth.

I get up and followed him a few steps forward, he stops and turns around so he is looking at me.

I am about to say something when his gaze broke from mine and looked past me.

Turning around I see that he has signaled to someone to do something, then the swing drops back down through the opening, there is now no safe way for me to get out of here.

Deep breaths Ëthia, deep breaths.

The light skinned man leads me a little further before we turn around and join the rest of the crowd and wait the arrival of my friends.

It was taking an eternity for them to get up here, I could feel that glares of everyone looking right at me, they must not get many visitors out here.

I tried keeping my eyes on the opening so that I could block everyone else out, but it seemed like it was no good.

People were whispering back and forth, some even pointed fingers at me, a part of me really wanted to go up and hit some of them, but the other part of me wanted to hide from them. As long as they don't know what I'm thinking I'm sure I'll be fine.

Why is this wait taking so long? I just want one of them to hurry and get up here, I know for a fact that it didn't take me this long to get up here.

It seemed like every second that went by more and more people kept whispering about me.

The light skinned man was standing a little behind me, I could feel his breathe on my neck, I stepped to the side and bumped into an older women. She looked up and glared at me with disgust, she then sized me up and down only to turn around and walk away.

It's clear that I'm not wanted here, so why am I here?

I begin to look back the opening, just in time to see Felicity come right through it.

I don't know why, but my instant reaction was to just run towards her and hug her.

"Felicity!" I say with excitement.

She looks at me and her eyes seem to say that she is relieved to see me. I embrace her with my arms as she got out of the seat.

After our hug Felicity looked up and observed everything that I had seen. She gasped in awe at what she was seeing.