FACES IN THE SKY

Sitting in the marshlands in the dark, you wipe your brow. Starting with 26 tributes, how are you still alive? You may not have been the best, and there's always someone better than you, yet you sit there with a heart beating loudly against your chest still. You are alive.

The anthem plays, and the national crest appears above your head.

The first face appears, that of Layla Greenthorn from District 4. Just as her face appears, a cannon fires.

That was odd.

Naveen's face appears next, and a cannon goes off once again.

What? Are they killing them as their faces appear?

One more face appears, and your eyes go wide.

That's my face.

All at once your body erupts in pain. You fall onto the ground, writhing and trying not to scream. 

What's happening to me?

In your searing pain, you roll into the marsh. All to quickly, your life fades away.

***

Now, this story obviously doesn't mean everyone dies. Here are your deaths for this round:

DISTRICT 4: LAYLA GREENTHORN

DISTRICT 13: NAVEEN AHMED

DISTRICT 1: AZRAEL THANATOS

These three tributes all deserve a round of applause for making it thus far. It has been a pleasure to see each of you grow as writers, and I hope this competition meant something to you.

As for the three of you still alive, get ready. The Final Round is coming your way.