Task Two: Q&A

Here's your chance to ask your questions! I'm sure other tributes will have the same questions you do, so don't be afraid to ask! No question is a stupid one.

Q: Is there a limit to how many ballots/deaths that can upset your score, or does it just go on until it reaches zero?

A: There is no set limit because I don't think it's very likely that enough tributes will target one person. However, if you turn an entry in, the lowest score possible (even after deaths and ballots) is a one. Deaths and ballots will stop counting at that point.

Q: Is there anything we want inside the Cornucopia?

A: What is inside the Cornucopia is up to you. Keep in mind that part of your score is the amount of conflict and how your character copes with it, so be sure to not include everything your tribute needs in the Cornucopia and enough time to grab all of it.

Q: Will we eventually be able to go into a different biome aside from the one we initially choose?

A: Yes, you will be writing from a few different parts of the arena. We split the arena up mainly to give you an extra challenge. After this task, you will only be able to kill those in your biome with in-entry deaths. 

Q: I wrote in past tense last task, but would it be okay to switch to present tense for this one?

A: Yes, at any point in the competition you are free to change tense as well as point of view. As long as you don't do either halfway through one of you're entries, we are fine with it!

Q: If you kill someone in your entry, they don't die but get a point off their total score. The people with the lowest scores are put up to a vote, where only a certain amount of tributes can survive. Right?

A: Correct. Getting a low score doesn't automatically oust you from the competition. It does put you at risk though.

Q: If we write over 1000 words can it affect our scores?

A: No, it won't affect your score unless the Gamemakers get bored at any point. We are only liable to read up to 1000 words, but if you keep our interest throughout we will continue reading.

Q: How do we know if a sponsor is going to sponsor us? Where can we find that out?

A: There will be a chapter posted as soon as the sponsors turn in who they want to sponsor.

Q: Do the Gamemakers ever let a tribute know what they did to lower their score if asked?

A: We are all incredibly busy, and we are doing this with the five that received a Gamemaker sponsorship. However, if you ask one of us nicely, we will send you a PM. Remember that your final score was the average of the Gamemakers' scores. There were a few that we disagreed on, and ended up meeting in the middle.

Q: How do we format the deaths and ballots at the end of our entry?

A: [THIS IS YOUR ENTRY]

DEATHS:
District 1 Male: NAME
District 2 Female: NAME
etc. up to five names

BALLOTS:
District 5 Female: NAME
District 7 Male: NAME

Biome you chose (IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT YOUR ENTRY YET, PLEASE PUT THE BIOME IN THE ENTRY, NOT THE DIRECTION)

Q: Is our entry only supposed to cover the bloodbath at the Cornucopia? Or do we include what happens on our way to the biome or at the biome itself?

A: Excellent question. Your entry can cover anything from rising up into the arena to reaching your destination after the Cornucopia. I would advise you to not include too much after you reach the biome, because you want plenty of description we haven't heard yet in your next entry.

Q: At the end of this round, does that mean nine tributes are going to be eliminated for good?

A: Sadly, yes. Nine of you will be leaving us, but that doesn't mean those nine can't participate. We welcome everyone reading this to use the writing prompts and to vote for their favorite tributes :)

Q: Can we vote for ourselves if we are in the bottom percentage?

A: Yes, you can vote for yourself once, but when voting, everyone must vote for three tributes, not just one.

Q: It doesn't really seem fair that a bunch of people can gang up and vote a person off completely. Is there anything stopping them from voting one of us down to one?

A: Yes, there is. The Gamemakers have decided that for this round only, the negative points from deaths and ballots will be halved. This way, you can only lose up to thirteen points, and that's if every single tribute in the contest votes you off. But, I can almost guarantee that this won't happen.

Q: Can we use one death and one ballot on the same person?

A: No, you can't. If you use the maximum number of deaths and ballots, that would mean you choose eight different tributes. You also cannot use both ballots for one person.

Q: Do we have to list the tributes we kill in our entry, or can we just list the ballots?

A: You must follow the formatting found above, and that includes listing your in-entry deaths. If they are not listed below, they do not count.