TASK FIVE: ROHE'S CHEMICAL FAIRYTALE

Rohe stared lazily at the hologram of the arena, having nothing much to do. Harry had left hours ago to meet with the President of WattPanem, leaving the entire team of Gamemakers with the tedious job of keeping the weather in the arena at high temperatures as the sun set.

Rohe wasn't a lazy person though. She was livid, and she showed it through doing nothing. That would show him. She was inches- no, millimeters away from pushing the little button that would release toxins into the waterfall on the mountainside before Harry stopped her. He said she couldn't do anything drastic while he was gone, even after she had promised not to blow up the arena like last year.

So, Rohe did nothing.

Just as she was about to make an adjustment on the slider that controlled the humidity, the steel doors at the top of the Gamemaker's circle burst open. A very pale Harry came stumbling through. Rohe stood up, as was custom when the head Gamemaker strode through the door, even if he was tripping over himself like an idiot.

Blinking rapidly as if he was trying to remember where he was, he walked over to Rohe.

"I need to talk to you," he said, not waiting for a response before he turned around and walked away.

She grabbed his arm. "What's this about? I didn't do anything!"

Harry furrowed his brow, then remembering their conversation from earlier nodded. "It's not about that. The President, he's saying that we're failing. He's going to make this our first and our last if we don't do something."

Rohe raised her penciled eyebrows. She had thought that they'd done an excellent job so far. "What does he want?"

"There's not enough drama. No storyline," Harry said, running his hand through his hair. "Any ideas to make that happen?"

Rohe thought for a moment, then smiled. "You know how I like a good story Harry. I've got it under control."

"Perfect, I knew I could count on you."

___________________________________________

THE TASK:

Welcome everyone to the semi-final round of the Starving Artist Games! With it being so close to the end, we thought we would bump up the difficulty for the authors and tributes a couple notches.

Rohe has just released an invisible chemical into the arena. This chemical is undetectable, and no one but the Gamemakers know about it. The President has requested a better story, and that is what we hope to give him.

Rohe's chemical will force your character into a fairytale of sorts. In your task, you must base what happens in your response and character's storyline on the well-known fairytale that you will be assigned in the following chapter. This can be in any form from a flashback to something that happens in the arena itself.

The chemical has another purpose. If you fail at producing an exciting storyline, with a touch of the button the Gamemakers can kill you, ending your tragic tale.

This is the last time to prove that you can win, because now is the last time that scoring matters.

THE DEATHS:

For this task, you don't have to kill anyone in your entry. If you do, it will just be for dramatic effect and won't count as an in-entry death. You do get one ballot though, and if you're sponsored you get two.

THE DEADLINE:

The deadline for this task is July 30th at 8pm CT.

With only six of you left, each of you will receive your own chapter. With that, please come up with a creative title for your entry and add it ABOVE your entry (not in the subject of your email)

There is a 2000 word limit, and it is the final round for sponsors to sponsor you. (BeoWolfe  wordsmith-)

And remember, your tribute doesn't know about the chemical, so don't mention it in your entry.

You must hand in your entry to sagamemakers@gmail.com 

Good luck!

No one is safe...

TessRebellious