**Gamemaker Sponsorship**

Harry and the other Gamemakers were back in the control room, staring at twenty-six screens and reviewing the highlights of each tribute.

"Well?" Claire asked.

"Well what?" Harry said, standing up to return to the Gamemaker's circle. He knew perfectly well what she was implying.

"Who are we going to sponsor?" she said, confirming Harry's thoughts.

Mer giggled, clinking her nails together. "I really like that Cedar boy. I call him!"

Rohe scowled. "I wanted him! Fine, I'll take Ian Nighy from district five."

She stood up and looked up at the screen with her tribute. "There's your victor. He'll run circles around everyone"

"Don't be so sure," Claire said. "Just because you find him charming doesn't mean he's intellectually superior."

"And who are you sponsoring, Claire?" Harry asked. "I sure hope it's not that blow dart girl. You know you'll only encourage her."

"You're just bitter about her training," Rohe laughed.

Mer giggled again and even Claire had a tight lipped smile that looked more like a grimace. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Here we are, the top Gamemakers in WattPanem yet we're acting like schoolchildren."

"You brought it up Harry," Rohe said, smiling. "And anyways, Claire wouldn't sponsor her." She turned to Claire. "Who are you sponsoring?"

"I've been thinking a lot about Naveen," she said, gazing up at the screen portraying a replay of his interview. "I'm looking forward to watching him make good on his promise."

Rohe nodded, "He caught me off-guard with that one, that's for sure."

"Yes," Claire said, tracing one of the many flowers on her body, "I feel he may be our victor."

Mer giggled. "Harry? You haven't said much."

"I'm still thinking," Harry said, running his hand through his hair. "District three has some strong competitors this year. I would almost say that they could outdo one and two."

"You're going to sponsor outside of the careers this year?"

Harry nodded. "I believe Alistair's behavior at the reaping alone was enough to get him sponsored. But, I have to admit Elysia's interview was better."

Claire raised her eyebrows. "You do know Alistair has a past don't you?"

Mer giggled again, and it was starting to get on Harry's nerves. She said, "We all have a past. His can come in handy in the arena."

"I think Elysia was more confident during her interview," Rohe said. "The crowd loved her."

Harry nodded, staring hard at the screens. "They both deserve to be sponsored, but something is telling me to go with Alistair."

"Wait!" Rohe exclaimed. "What about Percy? The boy from district four?"

"What about him?" Harry asked.

"He should be sponsored too."

"Fine, we'll throw him in as a wild card," Harry said, waving his hand. "I hope he'll impress us."

"I expect we will bump into a lot of surprises," Claire said.

"That's it then," Mer clapped and stood up. "Tomorrow's the big day!"

"Yes, yes it is," Harry said, turning to face the holosurface table in front of him. He tapped it, causing it to come to life. With a few taps and swipes, a hologram of the arena appeared in the center of the gamemaker's circle.

"The Capitol won't ever forget this."

______________________________________________

GAMEMAKER SPONSORSHIPS

HARRY- ALISTAIR PRAGUE: DISTRICT 3

ESMERALDA- CEDAR STOCKHOLM: DISTRICT 8

ROHE- IAN NIGHY: DISTRICT 5

CLAIRE- NAVEEN AHMED: DISTRICT 13

"WILD CARD"- PERCY COLE: DISTRICT 4

Remember, the rest of you can still be sponsored by our two wonderful sponsors. Please turn back to the chapter that talks about Sponsorship and Task Bonuses to review.

We would like you to know that we had a hard time choosing only five of you to sponsor, and we wish we could sponsor all of you. But then again, if we did that it'd be pretty pointless, wouldn't it? ;)

Task two will be posted within the hour. Stay tuned!