Important Note from the Gamemakers

"They certainly are an interesting bunch, aren't they?"

Harrington Octavious gazed at the row of twelve screens, all of them depicting a different district's reaping. He turned around and beamed at his colleagues.

"I think they'll make for an interesting games," he continued, scratching his chin.

Claire Endarhe looked up from her Gamemaker's tablet. She always seemed to be working away, even when the arena seemed to already be perfected. Her eyes gazed over the screens before she spoke. "They look weak. Even the Careers look as if they can't pick up a battle ax."

Esmeralda tapped her pointed metal nails against the arm of her chair and giggled without detaching her eyes from the screens. "There are things more powerful than brute force."

Claire scowled but didn't respond.

Rohe made a face at them. "I think I already know who's going to win this year."

Claire rolled her eyes. "How could you? They've just barely been through the reaping! You know nothing about them."

"I don't need to know," Rohe said, gazing at one screen in particular. "I just have a feeling."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," Claire said, standing up to refill her cup.

Mer giggled as Harry went to his chair. "It's time," she said, scooting closer to the table in front of her.

"Yes Mer," Harry nodded, tapping the table, "it's time."

The table glowed as the center of the Gamemaker's circle flared to life. Harry gazed into the floating white orb, ready to make his announcement...

HARRY'S ANNOUNCEMENT

Tributes of WattPanem, if I may have your attention for just a few brief moments. I wanted to thank you for your eagerness to participate in the games. Thanks to you all we will have a magnificent show this year. On behalf of the entire Capitol, we show our gratitude.

Before we are able to begin, we must have in our possession all of your entry forms. Thank you to those who have theirs turned in already. I would like to remind you that the deadline for the Tribute Entry Form is June 27 at 12pm GMT. Below you will find a list of all those that haven't turned their form in yet.

I have noticed that some tributes have been following other tributes, and this is very wise. Part of the Starving Artist Games is to make friends.

The last piece of information I have for you tonight is the date and time Task 1 will be posted. Be ready to receive your task at June 27 at 8pm GMT. More information, including the deadline, will be in that chapter.

With that, I bid all of you a good night.

***

LIST OF TRIBUTES THAT NEED TO TURN THEIR FORMS IN:

Venta_ District 2

ChildKing District 2

mikaylabug2002 District 4

Flying_Walnut District 9

CameronRickard District 10

Elsa152 District 10

Many6s District 11

music1or1books District 11

viper565 District 12

***