Ch. 34-Reunited

Hey guys! Make sure you read Ch. 33. There were a few technical problems but everything’s fine now. Please vote right now!!!! You can comment later. See ya and enjoy!

*****************************************

Caleb’s POV

  “Wake up,” someone says while kicking me in the ribs. I open my eyes in alarm and cough up some blood.

    Damn it I was trying to heal. I’m not used to waking up like this. I usually have my mate in my arms to wake me with kisses. I hate this hell. I look up and watch as Path straps a collar around my neck. Why does he look so upset?

  “Since he wants to stay a dog, we’ll treat him like a dog. Right Bert?” Path asks.

  “I don’t know bro. He said we shouldn’t hurt the guy anymore,” Bert says. Is he talking about Christian?

    Path just rolls his eyes before saying, “How will he know? I think there is something wrong with this guy in the head. Why else wouldn’t he shift back?”

  “Do you blame him really? Look at how we’re treating the bastard,” Bert says while putting me in a cage. At least Bert’s thinking with some kind of common sense.

  “Well let’s just get him out of here quickly like the boss said,” Path says. The two carry me and as the cage swings violently I take deep breaths. There’s no need for me to get worked up. I feel bad for the guys a bit because their ‘office’ smells like piss now. Just think of it as my gift from me to them.

    Path and Bert throw me into the van and slam the doors. Bastards. I really will find these guys on one of my off days and kill them. As we pull out, I faintly hear a phone ringing from the building we’re leaving. Oh well. I try to get more rest but my inner wolf is growling. What is it Wolf?

  ‘Mate. She’s doing something I don’t like,’ he says. Isn’t that typical Thalia behavior? I can’t help, but love her though.

  ‘No. Cleo won’t answer me either. You try to talk to mate,’ my inner wolf growls. Ugh fine I can try. When nothing happens my inner wolf can’t say anything else. I’ve done all I can.

    Path and Bert blast the radio so sleep is not an option. I have to lie perfectly still so I don’t injure myself further. Whichever idiot is driving hits a speed bump and makes me growl.

  “Sorry princess,” Path says. I clench my canines tightly against each other and cough up more blood. I don’t understand. I’m a werewolf. I should heal at a faster rate. What’s going on Wolf?

  ‘You don’t heal in wolf form. Do not shift into human form. Wait,’ my inner wolf advises me. This is ridiculous. There has to be something else wrong with me. I try to stay calm through the car ride but that’s easier said than done.

   I know my anger will just make things worse so I try to think about Thalia. Mostly I think of when Thalia’s happy and giggling or smiling at something I’ve said. Somewhere deep down I still feel terrible. Hopefully she didn’t realize today’s her birthday. Seeing me so broken today will crush her.

   Suddenly all I can see are images of Thalia crying. I whimper at the thought, and try to shake them away. Thalia should always be happy. I just hate to see her upset. I feel the car stop and look up. We’re finally here at Christian’s place. I watch as a nice black MKZ pulls out of the driveway and hear a door slam. Great now I have to deal with these ass holes. The doors open and I’m roughly carried out of the van.

  “This is like animal abuse to a whole another level,” Bert says.

  “Yep,” Path says while popping the p. I notice the two leading me to a small door on the side. I try to sniff out Thalia, but she’s not around thankfully. The two guys lead me inside quietly and dump me out of the cage and onto a hardwood floor.