Ch. 18-Beep

I’m sure you guys are curious about what happens next so go on and hit the vote button now.

Did you do it? You have some time.

PRESS IT!!!!

Did you?

Thanks so much! Here we go!

*********************

Thalia’s POV

   Beep. Beep. Beep. The steady beeping to my left is annoying the life out of me. The only thing stopping me from reaching over and destroying the source of my annoyance is my weakness. I can’t open my eyes let alone move my arms. This is not working for me at all. Why am I so weak? I feel something warm and comforting holding my right hand. What is that?

   I’m able to move my fingertips after some effort. The surface feels like skin. Am I holding someone’s hand? I gain more feeling in my fingers and rely on my senses. This hand is too big to be Sage’s. Caleb’s maybe? Yes, this has to be Caleb’s hand. Why is he holding my hand so tightly?

   I try opening my eyes again and a blinding light hits me. I blink rapidly until my eyes adjust to the light. The lights in my room are never this bright. As I look around I realize quickly that this isn’t my room. I’m in some kind of hospital room. This is very strange.

   Werewolves rarely go to the hospital so why am I here? I look to my left and realize that the beeping noise is coming from a heart monitor. It’s a steady beating, but it still makes me nervous. Who is it hooked up to? Did something happen to Caleb?

   I look down and realize that it’s hooked up to me. This can’t be right. I look to my right and see Caleb sleeping. He’s holding my hand tightly with both of his and Caleb’s head is resting on the bed. Caleb’s body seems tense. How did we both get here?

  “Ca…” I trail off. My throat is so dry. What happened to me?

   I watch Caleb’s even breathing and smile. I guess everything’s alright if Caleb can rest. I don’t want to wake him though. He looks so peaceful. I face the front and stare at the door for a while. I should try to remember things.

    My name is Thalia Parsley Lemare. I’m a shifted Werewolf and older sister to Galen Sage Lemare. I’m the younger sister of Thomas Clove Lemare who is a member of the Ruvido pack and daughter of Drake Elijah Lemare and Kaitlin Pamela Lemare. I found out recently that I have earth magic and that my mate, Caleb Mathew Ambrogio, is the alpha of the Nitsa pack. I’m in Louisiana and my parents are missing. I consider them dead but oh well.

   I look down and notice that I’m squeezing Caleb’s hand gently unconsciously. I’ve put my mate through a lot. Sorry about that Caleb. You must really love me Caleb to put up with a girl like me. I notice Caleb squeeze my hand back and I stop moving. Oh shoot. I didn’t want to wake him. Caleb opens his eyes carefully before looking up at me. I love those beautiful eyes of his.

  “Hey,” I say despite my dry throat. What does a girl have to do in order to get a glass of water around here? Caleb sits up but continues to hold my hand. In fact he brings it to his lips to kiss gently.

   “How do you feel? Should I call a doctor,” he asks. There seems to be panic in Caleb’s eyes and I don’t know why.

   “No I feel fine. How did I get here exactly,” I ask. This is very unusual. Caleb’s eyes widen before he sighs.

   “You were attacked by a rouge. When I reached you Thalia you were pretty banged up. I panicked so I brought you here. Donna says everything’s going to be fine,” he says. I stare at Caleb in disbelief before looking back at the door. Something can’t be right. I’ve never got hurt before. I’ve definitely never had to go to the hospital because of my injuries. My injuries have just made me stronger.