Ch. 12-Reveal

Hey guys! I have no idea if I called Caleb’s mom by name so I’m just going to name her Elise! Alright! His father will be Trevor if I even mention him. IDK>…

This chapter will jump around quite a bit. Sorry for that. Warning this is also PG-13!!!

***************************************

Thalia’s POV

         The room turns into pure chaos when Caleb leaves the house. Zeke walks toward me and pulls me aside, but I barely feel it. I’m too surrounded by the sounds and sights around me. Jon is trying to pry Vienna off of Aston and Dalton is standing over Aston while shaking his head.

         “You don’t need to see this,” Zeke says and pulls me out of the room and into the hallway.  This is all my fault. I should have pulled Caleb back sooner. I was just too scared. I’ve never seen Caleb like that. I didn’t know what to do.

          ‘He’s a male. He was protecting us,’ Cleo says. I don’t need protecting. I never need protecting so why now? I slide down the wall and Zeke is watching me careful. All of the blood on Caleb and the sounds of panic filling the living room scare me. I thought I could handle anything life threw at me but Caleb is my weakness. He was just so….inhuman. How can I love a monster like that?

          How do I know Caleb will never attack me like that? How will I know that he won’t hurt me the way Aston hurts Vienna? Physical pain I can handle, but that’s too much emotional pain.

         “Still there Thalia?” Zeke asks before waving his hand in front of my face. I shudder and try to push the flashing images away. They are frightening. Caleb almost killed Aston because of me. I have to fix things but how? I’ve already caused so much damage.

           “I’m going to find Caleb. Make sure she’s safe,” Dalton says before walking out of the house. Is Caleb gone? Where would he go without me? I have to find him. He’s my mate.

            “I’ll go too,” I say. I try to get up, but Zeke pushes me back down.

            “Sit. Relax. Caleb’s going to be fine,” Zeke says. I look up at Zeke with tears in my eyes as realization hits me.

            “He left me? Without telling me? W-why,” I ask. I can feel it. Caleb is gone without me and that tears me apart. Do I mean that little to him? Zeke sighs before sitting next to me. I just want Caleb.

            “He probably just needs tame to think,” Zeke says.

            “How long will that take? What if Caleb never comes back? He feels so shattered and alone,” I whisper while completely heartbroken. This isn’t like Caleb. He always thinks about how I feel before he does something. Is he on that much pain? Is he that confused?

             “Dalton will bring him back. Don’t worry,” Zeke whispers before pulling me into a hug. How can I not worry? I love Caleb. I just want him safe.

*********************************

Caleb’s POV

          I lean against a tree with my eyes closed about two miles away from the pack. I really just needed a run to calm down. I was in too much shock before. I could never leave Thalia, but I’m still wary of returning soon. I’m supposed to be the calm one. If I ‘ran away’, how is Thalia holding up?

          ‘Don’t go back until you think clearly. You’re an alpha now. People will follow your example. You might as well take all the time you need now,’ my inner wolf says with a good point. I set down my bag and look up. How is Aston doing? I really shouldn’t have attacked him the way I did. ‘He insulted my mate. He’s in the wrong and he should be dead.’ I growl and try to silence those thoughts. Aston is like my brother. I’ve been looking out for him since we’ve been kids. I will not think that way about him.