Ch. 5-Thalia

Parsley's POV

"I'm sorry," I say. I feel Caleb pull me into a tighter hug and I wrap my arms around him. I hear Caleb cry softly and I take a deep breath. "Caleb I'm so sorry that I can't be your dream girl but I....I want to be your mate," I admit and Caleb seems to freeze. "S-say that again," he says from shock. I bury my face into his shirt and Caleb smells like the herbs from my mom's garden when we still lived at the pack.

"Can I be your mate? Please? I'll try my best, I promise but I'm being selfish. I don't want to hurt like this anymore," I answer honestly before Caleb pushes me back slightly. "Are you sure? Last time you said this, we ended up here. I don't want you to leave and scare me like this again Parsley. Do you have anything else to tell me? I promise I won't judge you," Caleb says and I look down at my fingers.

"You do that when you're about to lie," Caleb whispers and I snap my head up to look into his eyes. "I do not," I say defiantly. Caleb smirks before saying, "Yes you do. Tell me the truth. If you do I'll tell you a secret." "If your secret is something like you're allergic to noodles then I will kill you with kindness," I say with a grin.

Caleb shivers and makes me laugh. "Alright. My name isn't Parsley. Well it is but my full name is Thalia Parsley Lemare," I say while looking at his lips. "Thalia....it's beautiful. Let me guess, Sage is not your brother's first name either," Caleb says. "It's Galen. You should probably keep calling him Sage. I don't think he likes you right now," I say honestly. "He doesn't. He left me a note that you were crying," Caleb says.

I smirk before walking toward the stairs. "Isn't he the best brother a girl could have?" I ask. Caleb jogs toward me before snaking his arm around my waist. "Whatever you say, mate," Caleb says and I lean into his chest. We're mates and I can't be happier. When I open the door, Sage is sitting on the bed and is staring at us. "Why is he here," Sage asks.

"I'm bringing you two back-," Caleb says until I roughly elbow him in the stomach. Caleb winces from pain and I step out of Caleb's arms. "Sage do you want to go back to Caleb's pack. I know that you've made friends there and you've never had a real childhood," I explain. "I don't need one if he's going to hurt you," Sage says while glaring Caleb.

I can understand where Sage's emotions are coming from. Sage just wants to protect me. I'm all he has left in the world. I walk toward Sage and pull him into a hug. "I know but we need each other Sage. When you find your special person, you'll know what this feels like," I say before pulling back. "What do you say," I ask. Sage groans before whispering in my ear, "Did you tell him our real names?"

I nod and Sage groans again. "Next thing I know you're going to tell him that we are millionaires," Sage says and I laugh uneasily. "We can't tap into that money and you know it. That belonged to the alpha," I say. "We're the only ones left! Of course we can have it," Sage says. "Have what," Caleb asks and I look back while flashing him a smile

"Nothing. Can you bring those bags down? That would be a big help," I respond while batting my eyelashes. "Sure," Caleb says like he's in a dream and walks out of the room with my two bags. I take a bag from Sage and ask seriously, "Do you think we shouldn't go back?" Sage sighs before saying, "We should go back. I just enjoy giving him a hard time." I laugh before asking, "Why?" "I'm your brother. It's what we do," he says like it should be common sense and we head for Caleb's car.

Caleb's waiting out front and I slide in the passenger side.  "When's your birthday," Caleb asks. "July 29. Why," I ask. "That gives me some time to teach you how to drive. I can't have my mate catching the bus can I," he asks while pulling away from the hotel. About twenty minutes into the drive, I look back and see Sage knocked out in the backseat. "If he's drooling, he has to clean it," Caleb says.